Premiere Global Services

Premiere Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Premiere Global Services Chairman and CEO Boland T. Jones

Boland T. Jones

Pros
  • Good Benefits, time off decent, great manager in the collection department (in 4 reviews)

• A fun work environment; good benefits; good vacation; decent salary (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match (even though we post great numbers every quarter) (in 4 reviews)

• Lot of turnover in upper management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great technology and great people

Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCutting edge technology,lot of good people, great rewards for employees

ConsSome managers are pretty self serving and good at fooling Hq & Sr. Mgt.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your VP's & managers really try to help employees grow and succeed, not just dictate according what they feel is going to help them

Great Company to work for

ATL (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsGood support from management. Family oriented. Many resources for growth planning. Great benefits and incentitives.

ConsYou have to interview to move up in the company as if you were coming in from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate with management and associates.

It is a very family oriented company!

ProsWork from home.This is helpful to be with my children and make an income.

ConsDisconnect from coworkers in house.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving me a job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsGood work/life balance, proven leader in the technology industry, decent pay

ConsDifficult to move up in the company

Revolving Door - Employee Churn Rates Anyone?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Nice office in buckhead.
    -Good work/life balance.
    -Marketing team seems to be building a strong team, but unless they are shown some support and appreciation they too shall leave.
    -Good opportunity for recruiters (constantly backfilling)
    - Title bump opportunity

Cons- Sr. Exec quotes "not my circus, not my monkeys" (talking about employees, but not on their team so it's ok)
    - Sr. Exec quotes "i could not think of a worst way to spend my time" (about meeting w/HR to develop career growth paths for their team)
    - Top talent leaves as soon as they can. Check length of employment of former employees on linked in.
    - Title bump has a cost. Even VP hires are micromanaged in some departments (imagine the rest).
    - No career growth path support, no investment in employees.
    - vacation is not paid at departure.
    - Sr. Execs track entry and exit times by employees and call people out if they leave early for a personal appt. - Yet show no appreciation for late nights and weekends.

Advice to Senior Management1) Complete a quick analysis on employee churn rates, identify where this is happening most, ask yourself - what is the constant? hint: people don't leave the company they leave managers.
    2) Ask yourself what motivates your employees, and what you can do to create a culture that shows that you value them.
    3) Ask yourself what it is costing your shareholders for you to remain completely disconnected from the employees. Maybe start by showing-up at a holiday party one year.

The most average company in America

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot the worst place to work. If you want to come to work each day and have an average experience, PGi is the place for you.

ConsUnstable, constant shifting within the organizational structure; micromanagement from the leadership within the organization fogs up the efficiency of the company; a formerly successful company that still operates like it's very successful; boring work environment - not much room to innovate. The most average company you'll ever work for.

Great products and people, wish more consumers knew about this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities abound for employees who are willing to go out and look for them. Flexible, highly collaborative work environment with some of the most creative, intelligent people I've met. Very open to telecommuting schedules and managers are highly supportive of risk-taking and independent projects.

ConsPay is on the low side.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and nurture your best and brightest.

Great company

ProsFast response to replying back to questions

Consnone that I know of at this moment

Great company and great culture

ProsCulture is great - hardworking but people like to have fun
    Solid company
    Internal growth is promoted

Consno 401K match at this time

Loads of work and poor communication, minimal employee appreciation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you've never worked in an office setting before, this isn't a bad place to get your feet wet in that arena.

ConsPlease be prepared to be micromanaged and belittled daily. In an assistant role I had there for awhile I once had to run a report showing how many minutes an employee spent in the bathroom and meet with them because it was too much time. I'm not kidding, folks. Unless you are in the predominantly female coffee clutch bunch, you will never get an office with a door. Even after over 15 years with the same company and zero negative annual reviews, I was routinely passed over for promotions for about seven years straight and only given the feedback that I needed to "shine more" and nothing more concrete than that. If you get lucky enough to get promoted to an office with a door and out of the cube farm, it is most likely that you do not do (nor have ever done) the job of your subordinates; you won't ever learn it either making it very difficult to be a good resource for your direct reports. In other words, management is useless and constantly makes poor, reactionary judgments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to not just promote from within but qualified folks from within. If there's just no one, then post externally. Provide real classes that would help people grow instead of what the training dept currently offers. Have upper management be more involved or in touch to the boots on the ground. Break up these petty alliances that keep good employees stifled. Give real feedback to employees and goals for their long term career path; I was laid off afterthought boss told me for months I made too much money. Honestly, this company probably won't be around five years from now anyway so I have a lot more advice it what's the point?

Worked for Premiere Global Services? Contribute to the Community!