Premiere Response

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
2.2

CJ Stafford

Best people I have ever worked with some catches

I have been working at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

Although Premiere is owned by a much larger company, it is very non-corporate structured when it comes to work environment. That is, each team/project is managed independently which is great if you fit in with the team you're on.
    The people are all very friendly and the work environment is very low stress with flexible hours and paid personal days I've met the VP of the office on several occasions and she appeared very approachable.
    There are opportunities for side projects which are very spur of the moment but pays well.
    The company does nice little things for the employees like snacks and Halloween costume contests with prizes. Weight lost contests with PRIZES!
    If I am around after dark, I feel safe and secure since the building has a security guard and requires pin pad to access main entrance with security card for office doors.

Cons

Again, being that Premiere is owned by a much larger company, they seem to have done what all companies have done in this economy, which is cut costs. Unfortunately this translates in the following Cons;

Benefits are really lackluster. In my humble opinion they are only offered for vanity sakes or maybe to comply with the bare minimal they can get away with legally.

They have a 401K plan with zero employer match. In all seriousness, why even offer it? I highly doubt this non-financial company can offer a plan that does better than an individual investment strategy.

I've heard from coworkers that the company doesn't do anything to show that they value veteran employees. No bonuses, no new positions, no reviews, or salary raises.

Offer more reasons to stay with the company for the long haul.

Not for the long haul

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Premiere Response part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly diversified environment. My team project has no work-from-home option, but most of the over 10 teams do. Culture use to be more ghetto, but they are trying to replace the lowlives with more professionals-slowly. The execs are nice on the rare occasion theyre seen.

Cons

Where do I begin. Too many minorities. 30 minute unpaid lunch. 35 work week means you are technically PT. Pay ranges from $12-15 only for reps,therefore unable to afford the sky high health benefits they offer. Computers are slow and give issues daily. IT wants ticket submitted before attempting to fix. This could take days to get a resolution. Employees hook up with each other although most of them are unattractive. They pass each others sloppy seconds around. Disgusting. Womens restroom is disgusting. Pigs!
    Only accept position here if you are desperate in between jobs or need temporary work. Too much work for too little pay

Pay more and quit hiring from the ghetto.

Lots of customer service experience

I have been working at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisors are nice and flexible when I need time off, I like the receptionist and HR person. I love how I can work from home with this job.

Cons

It doesn't seem like there are raises or much room for growth here. Also, the benefits for health are a bit pricey and we don't get much PTO.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging to say the least.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like a fast passed environment, where hard work can result in quick promotions, then this is a good place to work.
    It's a friendly place to work with great morale for the most part, there is always new programs and projects to get involved with and gain experience.

Cons

The pay and benefits are terrible. Management work from home too much on some days only one or two managers will be in the building, oh and did I mention the pay and benefits are terrible.

Be in the building, when your 'working from home' and take hours to answer emails how are you "working".

The job served a purpose, that's about it.

Former Employee - B2B Customer Support Representative (LFD Support)  in  New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - B2B Customer Support Representative (LFD Support) in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours were manageable, peers were friendly. I actually enjoyed getting a deeper understanding of some of the products. I would have actually considered myself an expert on Samsung TV's and Large Format Displays. I also knew a lot about dishwashers and fridges.

Cons

No room for improvement here, not even in terms of raises. They were always trying to cut costs, especially after being purchased. This lead to mistreated employees and a stressful work environment that was only able to retain the weakest and most desperate employees. Many people I knew there left pretty soon after I did and some beforehand. They would also dangle little lateral "promotions" in people's faces as if they meant anything. It's harsh but this place was a total farce.

"Garbage in, garbage out."
    If you want a good workforce that you can sell to clients, you need to invest in it. This is something that needs to be learned industry wide, I think as I've seen this type of behavior other places. Take a cue from some successful companies: Google, Facebook, Costco. They invest in their employees and are rewarded on their bottom line for it. You guys seem to just want to scrape by.

Not good at all

I worked at Premiere Response

Pros

Its laid back, friendly at times, the hours are not bad.

Cons

Where do I start? Very unprofessional. You only get 10 ptos per year. You do not get paid holidays so you have to use your ptos if you want to get paid for them. No vacation time, no sick days, no raises nor bonuses. Lack of communication. They bought iPhone 5 to the managers but can't give the employees a raise. The break room is filthy and small. The microwave runs even when the door is open. The building is infested with ants and bugs. The people that are in charge (team leads) are clueless, can't even spell, they are incompetent. The IT department is a joke. The computers are always breaking down. So how are we supposed to be effective and productive. There are no incentives.

Invest in your employees. Employee recognition.

Consumer Affairs

Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Agent  in  New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Agent in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, worst company EVER Beware!

Cons

The leadership from CJ Stafford down to her staff was Terrible. There was no time off or discussion of vacation because after 3days the Human Resource Rep walled out. Then unprofessionalism of this company is at the all time high. They have no structure within the company policies or procedures. The word High Level Customer Service is a ultimate fail. The one manager overseeing all client reps is clueless. They have no respect for their employee's. Alack of communication between management and staff. CJ needs to buy a clue! They all ruffle their feathers when a client buys their BS, as if the have 1 dedicated rep for that client. When they have 3 clients per rep. Confused on who's actually management coaching is more like detention and giving all negative feed back. They hire by ethnicity to meet their quota.. The lunch space is so small only 2-3 people at at. time can eat sitting down. Management rather speak about the bathroom than real concern, like working on more client with no pay increase, Benefits are ridiculos No one can afford it, so No employee has coverage. No HR so if an employee has any concern your discussing with the president of the company or just that person you have a concern with directly. There is no real training like a "High Level Customet Service" Company should have. If these clients knew this company was a hoax, thru would have LawSuits and shut this Circus down!!!!

The President of the company should act like one. Know that she.doesn't have to walk around with a screw face and be so serious where she can't speak or reply to a Good Morning. She needs to hire qualified management, she is wasting money on jokes and her company is nothing short of a Circus. If you are standing by High Level Customer Setvice act like it. The president of the company demanor stinks and is only tolerant when she has made money or another client has come on board. Train your management correctly, on mannerism in the work place, professionalism in the work place,and full education on clients. so they can reciprpcate that knowledge to the reps. Then they can acting like they know what they're talking about using the gift of BS like how you hook your clients. If you stocked your fridge less the alcohol and used that money to feed maybe your employees who take no lunch on. a 8hr shift (Illegal) or make a bigger space so employees don't find themselves eating in tg
    hr hallway, or in their cars. Protect your clients confidentiality which you claim you do but you really don't.Clients are starting to see right through the smoke of your company and are terminating their business with you. In order to do better yout have to know better.

Only good as a temporary job if you are unemployed.

Current Employee - Agent  in  New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Agent in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere. Good as a temporary job if you are unemployed.

Cons

Very unprofessional. There are absolutely no days off! You get 10 "paid time off" days a year. They don't pay you for off holidays. They want you to use 6 out for the 10 "PTO's" for these days. No vacation time. No sick days. No pay raises. Horrible benefits. They really do not care about their employees.

They really need to do better.

Sub-Par Work Environment with Potential Room for Growth

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Premiere Response full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Friendly, and laid-back work environment (often times too relaxed)
    *Consistent, steady scheduling

Cons

*Minimal opportunity for advancement (Promotions are predominantly based on being "in" with middle and senior management, and not qualifications)
    *Lack of professional development - coaching seldom given
    *Below-par pay based on certain job/contract requirements
    *Non-matching 401K plan

*Offer coaching and performance feedback on a consistent basis.
    *Inquire what motivates your staff, and make an attempt to keep the content/happy based on their ideas. Engage, and get your team involved!

terrible experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Premiere Response full-time for less than a year

Pros

The schedule was steady.. Most accounts were open 9am-5pm, so I got to leave work at a decent hour. I was grateful to that.

Cons

There was no opportunity for professional growth within the company so I feel as though I was lied to in my interview. The management was horrible. When my original project manager was terminated, a new team lead and project manager was assigned to the account I worked with. They did their best at the beginning, but towards the end of my time there, they seemed as though they did not care. Not only that, they did not care to learn about the product and barely assisted when needed.

I would advise upper management to educate themselves on the account that they are working with and to provide incentives to keep employees motivated.

Worked for Premiere Response? Contribute to the Community!