Premium Retail Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Brian Travers and Kevin Travers

Pros
  • friendly staff and work from home (in 6 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule and good communication with management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees must be paid by Comdata debit card and charged (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

1. FYI

Pros

I have worked for the company for about 15 years. When I moved, they trnsferred me so I would not have to job hunr int he new location. I have been promoted 3 times and they promote ffrom wtihin. I love having a job with flex time.

Cons

They send a lot of materials to my home and I have to make space to store it until the job is done. I need a car big enoufh to haul it.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. Continue to show that you value your employees and will keep them on the payroll even if they move.

2. PRS is a wonderful company to work for!

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to make your own schedule, work your own hours and do your own thing without someone breathing down your neck. Bonus's, mileage reimbursement (for certain situations) and manager available via email or phone. Management is courteous and prompt to return phone calls/emails.

Cons

Would like more hours during the first 3 quarters.

Advice to Management

More hours in the first 3 quarters.

3. They care!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We're not just numbers out there. You are valued! The programs are fun and challenging, and the support is personal and excellent.

Cons

None, really. I would love more hours. The mileage reimbursement is sometimes a problem because my stores are quite far apart.

Lenovo Sales and Training Representative

Current Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative
    Current Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It' s a dedicated program to only represent one brand, Lenovo. It's probably the best program I've ever been apart of. We represent a great product and PRS/Lenovo provides us with full support in the field. The position has a flexible schedule (for FT employees). The managers and account managers are a great team to work for. They are very positive and inspiring. One of the few programs that actually bring the whole team together for national training events multiple times a year. Lenovo clients are great to work for. They respond to our needs in the field and we feel appreciated for the work we do for them. You work within different retail environments and get to meet and work with a lot of good people. Lot's of contests for potential bonuses and prizes.

Cons

No yearly performance reviews, so annual raises aren't common. Not a lot of opportunities for advancement. You get mileage reimbursement, but it's still a lot of wear and tear on your car.

Advice to Management

Offer yearly reviews to determine yearly pay-raises. (anything to keep up with inflation) There isn't a lot of advancement opportunities, so I suggest offering a way for self-improvement. Provide tuition-reimbursement to further education, or courses for professional certifications like sixsigma, etc. (give people a reason to stay at the same position for a long time)

National Recruiter

Pros

I started my career at Premium Retail Services as a National Recruiter. It was my privilege to build relationships with exceptional talent and match them with a career changing opportunity. My territory included fourteen states. I partnered with management to place Assisted Sales Representatives and Retail Merchandisers in roles representing some of the top brands in the retail industry.

Cons

Premium Retail Services is a great place to work. I do not see any downside.

it was good until...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Lexington, KY

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at ATT. It was a major learning experience.

Cons

Many ATT markets rewards a majority of its tenured employees with termination to cut costs. Be careful

Advice to Management

Recognize good talent when you have it, and really open your eyes to those vampires that suck the enthusiasm out of the organization.

Aug 19, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We'd like to learn more about your advice. Please email us at communications@premiumretail.com so we can better understand your concerns.

Great oppporunity for growth

Current Employee - Field Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

started as a field sales and training representative, moved into the sales lead position and promoted to manager within my first year of employment. Great management team that believes in you and helps you grow, with awesome training and consistent follow up. I have traveled the country, participated in some really cool activities and starred in a few training videos for the client. Best job I've ever had!!

Cons

none that come to mind

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

Aug 19, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks so much for the great review. We're happy to have you and appreciate all that you do for Premium and our clients.

9. Amazing Program for All

Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Field Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Premium is the best 3PL Marketing Company i have worked for. I started as a representative and was promoted to Regional Field Manager with in 6 months of employment. Currently I work on the best program I have ever been apart of. Being able to represent Lenovo and manage representatives that truly believe in the product has been amazing. Overall i would recommend anyone looking to become a rep consider working for Premium.

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences working for Premium.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work !!! It has been and Im sure will continue to be a pleasure working for PRS !!

Sales and Training Specialist

Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of managers and office support with easy accessibility if problems arise while in the middle of an assignment or during reporting via web based reporting system. I also love the flexibility of working from my home office and making my own schedule as well as compensation for time including travel time and mileage.

Cons

At times, assignments may be sparse, but that's with any retail job. I rather enjoy having some time off, so that part of the job can be a plus as well, but could cause issues if you need a steady 40 hour work schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! Communication between management and employees is on point. The only suggestion I might have would be to add the possibility of company paid health benefits and/or full time employment to long time, part time employees. This would be a major plus for employee retention.

Aug 5, 2015 – VP HR

Thanks so much for your feedback! We offer medical and dental benefits to our Full Time employees and Premium Retail subsidizes a good portion of the employees costs. Also the company pays 100% for ... More

Samsung Retail Training Specialist

Former Employee - Retail Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Retail Training Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Schedule, Great Opportunity to move into the Corporate. If you like talking to people and training small to large group of people, this job is for you.

Cons

Lots and lots of driving. Long reports are due daily for your work. And last minute priorities are a weekly thing.

Aug 10, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for taking the time to review Premium. And we agree, there is a great deal of opportunity when you're fortunate to work with the brands that Premium represents. Travel and client reporting ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed