Premium Retail Services

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
3.6

Brian Travers & Kevin Travers

Pros
  • Easy Job, Work from Home, Alright pay, Good Work/Life Balance (in 4 reviews)

• Flexible schedule is a premium luxury (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

• Too much printing of paperwork at home (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

my time with premium

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

hard to get hours and qtrax

talk to us more

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Your comments are helpful and we appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. We understand the importance of communication and hope you understand that you are being heard.

OK

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

good work life balance. I have a big family with lots of family commitments and appointments, so I need flexibility.

Cons

opportunity for advancement was lacking or slowed.

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your comment. As a family owned and operated company, a healthy work-life balance is a core belief at Premium. We are fortunate that our company continues to grow, so we encourage all ... More

Good Company

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation no micro managment

Cons

Needs steadier work and wage increases

Evaluate your employees and give raises to your top sellers

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and will pass along your concerns and advice to senior management. Have a great day and thank you again.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reputable company

Former Employee - Merchandising Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandising Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

independence, flexibility of scheduling, fair communication

Cons

low to average wages, not enough hours

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. Please know that Premium makes every effort to ensure our best people have regular hours. The flexibility and independence you mentioned is the biggest upside ... More

Decent pay, work/life balance, and never at one place for a long time.

Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Decent pay, work/life balance, and never at one place for a long time. friendly staff and work from home.

Cons

they expect you to learn everything quick, and then throw you out to do the jobs. so many things are unclear and all over the place. you have to ask your managers alot of questions when starting.

take some time to train the reps at a steady pace instead of just throwing so many different things at them at one time, sending them out to do work, and expect them to know it all.

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your comments. While we are happy that you are pleased with pay, work-life balance and variety, we will certainly share your concerns with our training team and senior management.

Poor store level management

Former Employee - Samsung Product Specialist  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Samsung Product Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are very friendly

Cons

Very little full time positions. No upward mobility

Communicate

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you feel there is little upward mobility at Premium. Rest assured that senior management is very attuned to your comments and is continually ... More

Great second job

Former Employee - Middle Management  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Nashville, TN

I worked at Premium Retail Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

If you need or want more cash for anything, this is a good job. Make sure you lay down your acceptable hours and places you will drive to first because there alot more companies out there who do exactly what PRS does. Another Pro is that when you retire, you can move anywhere in the country with this company. The reason that managers like their jobs is because they can work any hours they want and they make more than merchandisers and have benefits.

Cons

Where do I start? Please don't go into this thinking you will have a career. It's a part time job great for moms with young kids, retirees or students, but no one in between. There is no training or time off except when your hours are minimal.

Raise the compensation if you want to keep your quality people.
    Get rid of the dead wood in management. That will take a long time, so getting started before the holiday season would be a good idea.

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Many of our part-time field representatives have indeed grown their roles into careers with Premium. We appreciate your candor and rest assured that your ... More

Lack of Communication

Former Employee - Lead  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

They do have work. Really one of the better paying companies for this type of work. Looks like they would continue to have work throughout the year.

Cons

Lack of Communication. I was with the company for a short time but found that they very seldom returned calls. Also would send people to the job without notifying the Lead. Unable to contact anyone on the weekend or evenings even though you are working. Hard to give customer service when you do not have the tools to work with.

Need to have a point of contact 24 hours a day if you have people working those hours. I was previously a district manager for a larger company and was available all the hours the stores were open. It will never work for a long period to keep employees and have district managers that are only available from 8-5 Monday through Friday. If they will not be available more of the time you need to find someone who is. Less employee turnover will result. I would have stayed and been a good employee if I was able to give they client I was working for good service. The client and I did not like the surprises that were happening and I could not get answers when they were needed. I really see a loss of clients due to the poor service and I left because I could not give that to the client what they needed.

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and advice informed by prior experience. Rest assured that your comments are being heard and that your feedback both good and not so good is being shared with ... More

Unexpectedly disappointing

Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative
    Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Online reporting, local work, creating your own schedule (kinda sort of) and working at your own pace are the only pros I can think of.

Cons

Certain job pay, payment method, costs incurred to perform work. These add up quick and when weighed and measured is a big negative.

You get paid on a debit card which costs money when you try to withdraw cash, even at a supposed select atms which were from the card company website that were supposed to be fee free. Debit purchases are free but I prefer cash or the money in my bank account. You can do a bank transfer but that takes even longer, 3-4 days longer because payday is on a Friday. Once an atm shorted me by $150 and it took both banks (bank whose atm it was and the pay card) it took two weeks to recoup the $150.

I worked as pet ambassador and then the merchandising side. The pet ambassador work paid much better than the merchandising but the hours eventually tapered off. The cost of gas, wear and tear on my vehicle made the pet ambassador work unfeasible.

The merchandising side pays less and has about the same amount hours but was local. However I found that costs which included the pay card, gas and the time to prep for the actual work which is not really included in the pay (this last someone might disagree saying they compensate for paper used and photos ect but $1.50 doesn't cover it) were the main reasons why I left the company. Once you take account of the time put into the work, the prep time before hand, cost of gas, fees from your pay card and then the actual pay, any sensible person would determine you are breaking even or profited maybe $40 for 16 to 20 hours of work and online reporting.

Read the review above. Also I know you are just passing on what was told to you but the whole late job reporting and the popular three strikes or your fired emails and sayings from conference calls is troublesome from those who do good work and is pretty depressing.

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Obviously, we wish your experience with Premium had not been one you consider disappointing. We do appreciate your candor and want you to understand ... More

Premium! Like it!

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Family owned, cares about employees, tons of growth opportunities! Recently offered Direct Deposit to employees rather than a Pay Card - huge benefit for us, even though the Pay Card is fine - just a nice option. Qtrax system for jobs and training and putting in completed time has mobile app - awesome! Paperwork process to get started all electronic except for a few forms - saving trees!

Cons

Having to fill out a paper time sheet for some jobs - NOT saving trees - waste of time. Why can't we just use our QTrax site?

Human Resources people have been very helpful and answered questions timely, but they are difficult to get in touch with - wish it was easier to reach a person IRL!

Premium Retail Services Photos

Corporate Headquarters

+ Add Photo

Worked for Premium Retail Services? Contribute to the Community!