Premium Retail Services Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
126 reviews filtered by
3.8
Brian Travers & Kevin Travers

Pros
  • I could work from home and make my own schedule (in 6 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule and good communication with management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees must be paid by Comdata debit card and charged (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

1. Life changing

Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am in a unique position as part of their Total Team. Other positions may vary. But there is a flexible schedule, allows you to work 7 days a week if desired, if you have the tools they will utilize your talents, and the recognize your hard work. The best employees are the ones passionate about what they do. I sincerely love my job, I cannot wait to do even more for them!

Cons

NONE (but to address a recent comment; Premium prefers their employees to utilize the Comdata pay card for instances where management needs to get a representative money instantly and not having to wait days for monies to clear in one's personal bank account. If used correctly, and transferred to your own checking account once per pay period you will not be charged for using your own money)

2. Life changing

Current Employee - Pet Ambassador in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pet Ambassador in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

I have work in the the pet retail service since 2000 right after high school, I join the team in December of 2014 working for a company that pays you for educating folks and helping them make the right decision for them seems not real but that's what this company offers. I am beyond grateful having this opportunity , these are the type of companys you will work hard because you love it, if you can get on board good luck

Cons

None for me in my department

Keep finding passionate people because we work the hardest ;)

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks so much for the great feedback. And you're right: passionate people do work the hardest!

3. Amazing

Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Great Work-Life Balance, Flexible schedule, advancement opportunities, supportive management team

Cons

No complaints from me 1

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

We are so glad your experience reflects the name Premium. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

5. Company did a great job of taking care of the employees

I worked at Premium Retail Services

Pros

The company has a good benefits package, along with allowing you to balance your work and life.

Cons

Because it does subcontract from other companies, those contacts can come to an end, resulting in layoffs. The company does try to find you a different category as opposed to just letting you go.

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Our HR team makes every effort to map qualified people to new opportunities when transitions occur. We value your contribution and invite you to keep an eye out for ... More

6. Fun while it lasted

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Premium Retail Services as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, decent pay, meet new people all the time, can make a real impact in your market, represent a brand you can stand behind

Cons

Contract labor, upper management seems to run around in circles which can lead to extra work on your part, don't know when the contract is going to end (real bad for families)

When you know that the contract is going to end let your employees know so the team can start looking for other employment as you knew long before you told us via a conference call. I along with others loved this job and we would have stayed on till the end.

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your candid feedback. As you know, our clients' needs are the primary driver of our opportunities and timeframes. Please know that we make every effort to map qualified people to new ... More

7. Good overall company to work for

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Flexible hours, good management overall,good timelines to complete work

Cons

No pay raises for long term employees

Employees who have worked for you for YEARS have yet to see a pay increase. As prices for goods go up, wage increases yearly, even if at a minimum level would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback. Please know that we take your advice seriously.

8. I work, as a "Brand Ambassador" in their pet division. I Love the company!

Current Employee - Pet Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Pet Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible, make your own schedule, work independent & the company provides an awesome employee dashboard to report your data.

Cons

The work attire is awful. Huge crazy colored aprons that scream "I what to sell you something" making the customer turn and run. Pay is a buck or two too low for this area. Only part time work.

Awesome supervisor!! Extremely supportive, approachable and always willing to help.

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks so much for your thoughts. We appreciate your pros, cons and advice. Leadership at Premium reads each and every one of these comments, so thanks again for sharing.

Great company

Current Employee - Zone Leader in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Zone Leader in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Make your own hours, highly flexible, tasks are not difficult to complete in time Frame alotted

Cons

No raises based on merit, or accomplishments, only if you get promoted to zone leader or RMM

Create a raise system based of length of employment, merits and acomplishments

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback. The advice of our field leadership is critical to Premium.

Great Company

Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Very flexible job, great for college students. The company really takes care of you and will promote from within.

Cons

SINCE it's a small company not many opportunities to move up, and projects are year to year so if your project doesnt get renewed and your not on good terms with management you may be out of a job until they get a new client. But as long as you put in the work you will be taken care of

should provide monthly compensation for car expenses/maintenance. The job puts tons of mileage on a car, I only had to take a PTO when I had car trouble and I had to constantly find ways to get it fixed

Mar 30, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your candor. Premium is a company that rewards performance, and we're glad you recognized that. We also take very seriously your advice and please know that these comments are being ... More

Perfect if you need a flexible schedule.

Current Employee - Zone Specialist in The Eastern, OH
    Current Employee - Zone Specialist in The Eastern, OH

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. If the weather gets nasty I can work around it. Most jobs come with a one to two week date range. You can actually work your job around your life instead of the other way around. Want to start work at 6AM or at 11AM? It's your choice. Great for retirees or college students. Pay is not bad for this area. Recently offered a benefit program.

Cons

Hours scheduled can fluctuate greatly depending on the time of the year. All communication with management is done either on line or on the telephone. (For me that's a plus, not a con!)

This company is all about Merchandising which covers a very wide range of projects.. It's also about planning which I believe needs more emphasis. An employee can be the best merchandiser in the world but if they lack the ability to plan their work they won't be around very long.

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your assessment of Premium and your kind words. We also appreciate your thoughts around planning. As you have no doubt experienced, the nature of retail demands an immediate solution ... More

Premium Retail Services Photos