Premium Retail Services

Updated February 28, 2015
Updated February 28, 2015
3.6

Brian Travers & Kevin Travers

Pros
  • I could work from home and make my own schedule (in 6 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule and good communication with management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees must be paid by Comdata debit card and charged (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good overall company to work for

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Flexible hours, good management overall,good timelines to complete work

Cons

No pay raises for long term employees

Employees who have worked for you for YEARS have yet to see a pay increase. As prices for goods go up, wage increases yearly, even if at a minimum level would be greatly appreciated.

I work, as a "Brand Ambassador" in their pet division. I Love the company!

Current Employee - Pet Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Pet Brand Ambassador in Austin, TX

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible, make your own schedule, work independent & the company provides an awesome employee dashboard to report your data.

Cons

The work attire is awful. Huge crazy colored aprons that scream "I what to sell you something" making the customer turn and run. Pay is a buck or two too low for this area. Only part time work.

Awesome supervisor!! Extremely supportive, approachable and always willing to help.

Great Company

Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainer/Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Very flexible job, great for college students. The company really takes care of you and will promote from within.

Cons

SINCE it's a small company not many opportunities to move up, and projects are year to year so if your project doesnt get renewed and your not on good terms with management you may be out of a job until they get a new client. But as long as you put in the work you will be taken care of

should provide monthly compensation for car expenses/maintenance. The job puts tons of mileage on a car, I only had to take a PTO when I had car trouble and I had to constantly find ways to get it fixed

Great company

Current Employee - Zone Leader in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Zone Leader in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Make your own hours, highly flexible, tasks are not difficult to complete in time Frame alotted

Cons

No raises based on merit, or accomplishments, only if you get promoted to zone leader or RMM

Create a raise system based of length of employment, merits and acomplishments

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback. The advice of our field leadership is critical to Premium.

Perfect if you need a flexible schedule.

Current Employee - Zone Specialist in The Eastern, OH
    Current Employee - Zone Specialist in The Eastern, OH

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule. If the weather gets nasty I can work around it. Most jobs come with a one to two week date range. You can actually work your job around your life instead of the other way around. Want to start work at 6AM or at 11AM? It's your choice. Great for retirees or college students. Pay is not bad for this area. Recently offered a benefit program.

Cons

Hours scheduled can fluctuate greatly depending on the time of the year. All communication with management is done either on line or on the telephone. (For me that's a plus, not a con!)

This company is all about Merchandising which covers a very wide range of projects.. It's also about planning which I believe needs more emphasis. An employee can be the best merchandiser in the world but if they lack the ability to plan their work they won't be around very long.

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your assessment of Premium and your kind words. We also appreciate your thoughts around planning. As you have no doubt experienced, the nature of retail demands an immediate solution ... More

Okay co but frugal

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Naples, FL

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pick my own hours and travel time.

Cons

No travel pay or gas allowance.

Provide pay raises for merit and loyalty to company

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your feedback and your long-term commitment to Premium.

Decent Pay and good support

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Great account support. Weekly calls were helpful, but sometimes not productive. Given company phone.

Cons

Estimated time to enter reports into the computer and load up photos was unrealistic. Kept wanting more work to be done in less amount of time.

The reps in the field are your eyes and ears. Listen to them as they have valuable ideas and want to share them without fear of being labeled as a complainer.

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

We couldn't agree more that our field representatives are absolutely vital and we appreciate your candor. Your comments are visible at the highest levels in our company, so please understand that ... More

Zone Manager

Current Employee - Zone Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Zone Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Despite the low pay and no chance for raises, this company is legitimate. If you have a good RMM, your work life will be great----and very busy during most of the year. Fourth quarter is when you will make most of your salary and during the summer can be really slow. Overall, a great Merchandising company.

Cons

Stay away from the Pet Program. The RMM for that program is incompetent.

Personal growth is positive because they have so many contracts with so many stores, we are usually doing something different with each visit. Work--life balance? I'd say being able to schedule your own visits is a good thing. Compensation, however, is really, really bad. Sometimes we end up loosing money on a visit.

Dec 1, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your feedback. As a member of the field team, we value your opinion and insight greatly. While we are pleased that you feel Premium is a great merchandising company, we invite you to ... More

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Great people with plenty of opportunity to travel around the country. I could work from home and make my own schedule.

Cons

Wasn't getting rich working here.

Never over promise and under deliver when it comes to bonus and encentives. That is the best way to kill morale.

Feb 2, 2015VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts about Premium. We take morale seriously and have always operated as a company whose greatest value is integrity, so your advice is well-heard.

Good starter job.

Former Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible and you can manage your own work schedule. Also get the chance to meet many people around your market.

Cons

Too much driving. Management rarely visited my market. Pay didn't increase after 2 years. Management changed frequently during my tenure. Reward for results is minimal, and consequence for lack of productivity is harsh.

There was no room for advancement. It is difficult to stay motivated and loyal with no challenges or opportunity.

Dec 1, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

We appreciate your candor and are disappointed to see that you felt management over your role did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is important to helping us continue to improve as a ... More

Premium Retail Services Photos