Premium Retail Services Reviews

Reset

Merchandising Rep

Former Employee - Merchandising Representative
    Former Employee - Merchandising Representative

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired on. Most work doesn't require a PHD.

Cons

Like so many other reviews I've read about Premium , they need to find qualified managers for overseeing Reps.Mine is beyond horrible. Treats people terrible. The movie "Horrible Boss's" could have been written directly from her management style. You can try discussing issues with her boss but chances are it will get you no where except frustrated. The company doesn't really have anything set up as to where to go if problems arise, so most Reps just quit. Just like sometimes a parent is judged on the action of their child, a Company is oftentimes judged in the same manner, so the horrible managing tactics & treatment starting in lower management works itself on up, or possibly, down. Who knows? As the saying goes:: A fish rots/smells from the head down. My advice is if your thinking about working for this company I would have second thoughts. If you already work for them ,get out as there is much better out there, or at least stand up wind.

Advice to Management

Maybe instead of "discussing this at the highest level" try to actually do something to address & correct issues.. Actions speak louder than words.

Jul 26, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback. One of the ways we try to address these types of concerns is to invite the reviewers - most of whom are former employees - to contact us directly so that we can understand ... More

Would Never Recommend this company..

Former Employee - Merchandising, Pet Ambassador in Williston, VT
    Former Employee - Merchandising, Pet Ambassador in Williston, VT

I worked at Premium Retail Services (Less than a year)

Pros

You make your own hours in a a reasonable time frame... Always doing different kinds of jobs so its not boring...

Cons

There are some managers that are very over barring and rude and have no right to even be in management, and have NO People skills at all... The only training I got in over a year of working was either online or I learned on my own...

Advice to Management

I think you need a better set of managers that know how to talk and communicate with there Employees and some better ways to train your Reps..

Jun 15, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback. If you'd like to provide more specific feedback to assist us in identifying exactly what you feel went wrong, please email communications@premiumretail.com and we will make ... More

Very disorganized

Former Employee - Field Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Premium Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for not a tough job

Cons

Disorganized, pay sometimes off and it's a pain to correct

Advice to Management

Get your company in line

Jul 26, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

We're sorry you had challenges with Premium. Thanks for your review and good luck in the future.

"Apply Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Retail Zone Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Zone Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Simple work and your schedule can be flexible. Interesting clients.

Cons

They tend to saturate an area with merchandising Reps making it difficult to get hours , then they can't get help when needed. Although the majority of work only involves 1 person there are times when a job consists of 2 or more people. With the old supervisor who got transferred in April of 2014, having a team member assigned was never a issue. Always somebody to assist. Ever since the area was given a new supervisor, the vast majority of team jobs end up being done without a team member. In the time I worked only once was I provided help out of at least a dozen jobs or so.I don't believe she even looks for somebody to help. For the most part these jobs can't be done alone because they may be to heavy for 1 person. (even though there are those who report they do ) So now you end up trying to get one of the store employee's to give you a hand. Since I had a very good rapport with Manager's and employee's getting help usually wasn't a problem. Unfortunately you have to do a lot of explaining to the store Manager's as to why we are alone and not living up to the agreement that Premium has for providing the assistance. With this being pretty much a constant occurrence, management at store level did not hold Premium in high regards. Often times comments would be" if we are going to use our own people why do we need Premium"? How do you argue the truth? All you can do is make excuses for the company and try to keep yourself in good grace for the future.

Advice to Management

Quit making promises to the client's that can't be fulfilled. If a job is supposed to consist of more then 1 person then this is what the Client is expecting Premium to deliver.

Jul 26, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

We appreciate your candor and detail. Premium is focused on continuous improvement and we value feedback, both good and not so good. Would you be willing to contact us directly to discuss further ... More

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people to work with in the stores I serviced.

Cons

Where do I begin?? At first I enjoyed working for Premium until they appointed a new Supervisor. The only time I heard from her was when something was wrong, no positive re-enforcement what so ever. I have done jobs that require two people by myself, Roko displays that were just put in the stores. These displays weight over 200 lbs. This was to be a team project and no one ever should up. Since I have a good working relationship with the store I had two employees help. Also had to do 16ft and 20ft reset by myself, because no ever showed up worked from 7:00am in the morning until 9:00p and had to return the next day to finish. I had to fix projects done by other employees. Again no THANK YOU. The store was complaining about the employee who did the set, no name tag was worn and not adhering to the dress code. Walking around like he was lost. I fixed right away even though it was not on my schedule. I wanted the store to have a positive experience with Premium. I went out of my way to make Premium look good. I have also worked overtime to get things done, because they were short on employees. This last week my mother fell and broke her hip and then had a stroke during surgery. I missed some jobs that needed to be done. I was so distraught , sent an email, said something I should of, but all my Supervisor was worried about was getting the jobs done and all I got was thank you for your service and good luck. Would you want to work for a company that has no compassion for there employees?????? I have been with Premium for over two years and have seen many employees quit and of course I picked up the work. Traveling 20 to 30 miles one way, no drive time or mileage. I told one of the employees who I have helped many times that I was terminated and he said he will be leaving too as he has the same complaints. He also tried to get ahold of the Supervisor and she never called back, so he called me. Informed the stores that I have visited over the years of the situation and I was told that I was the best rep they had and asked if I was interested in working for them. That made me feel good. Do yourself a favor and do not even waste you time in appling as they do not care about there employees, no matter how good you are. One more thing I do not need to work, I choose to, because I enjoy merchandising.

Advice to Management

See above and correct before you have no employees who want to work for Premium. The word was when I started Premium employees never show up. I at lease feel good, because I changed that perception for the time I worked for Premium.

Jul 26, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Good luck to you. We appreciate your work and do care greatly about our clients and our employees.

"Good Bones Poor Execuation & Managers"

Current Employee - Zone Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Zone Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Truthfully not a lot comes to mind Scheduling may be somewhat flexible.

Cons

This Company could have good potential,but not so because the Managers they hire for day to day operations, and their Managers seem to be some of the worst in the industry. Basically one manager just covering for another. I think they are rejects from other merchandising companies who they are glad they left and went elsewhere. I'm sure this company does just fine but they could be so much more if they had the proper Management team .

Advice to Management

My assumption is you believe everything is A OK ,when truthfully from a merchandiser's standpoint the company doesn't even come close to hitting the mark. You really should have a independent evaluate your management team, even those with numerous years with the company, as they too just do what's necessary to maintain but nothing to excel or create improvements. Chances are it will be business as usual.

Jul 14, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

As an employee of more than 5 years, it's surprising and disappointing to see such a negative outlook on our company. Would you care to share your thoughts with us more specifically? If you would ... More

Not much going for them

I have been working at Premium Retail Services

Pros

Working alone, work at your own pace

Cons

They are very good at making fake promises. Minimal hours as they saturate a territory with more Rep's than needed. They hire anybody and throw them in and hope they stay for a while, if not they don't care they will hire somebody else.

Advice to Management

Give less employees more work instead of more employees less work. It may create some loyalty.

Jul 14, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

We are sorry that you feel the way you do about Premium and we appreciate your advice.

Better companies to work for

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time

Pros

Make your own schedule and can decline jobs if need to. Coworkers and the people you meet in the stores.

Cons

Low pay for jobs you are required to do, some heavy lifting. No mileage or drive time pay. No extra pay for printing out reports on you own printer. You only hear from supervisors when you do something wrong. No thank you for a job well. Calls are never returned.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and instead of being negative try the positive side. Look at the supervisors who have high turnover and find out why. Value the employees who have been with the company more than a year.

Jul 14, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to better understand specifics, so please email us at communications@premiumretail.com so we can gain further details and address these concerns.

Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Premium Retail Services

Pros

The work schedule is somewhat flexible. The job allows you to work in various locations doing multiple different things, so it doesn't get boring.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the employees in the field. They don't pay mileage or drive time. They don't give pay raises. They don't respond properly to HR issues.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees in the field. Give pay raises or pay actual mileage. Gas prices went to $4.00 a gallon and your employees who had to drive everywhere took a pay cut because of the expenses.

Jul 14, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your comments. Although your feedback is very negative, we value insights from this forum. Please understand that upper management cares greatly about our employees in the field ... More

Good products, ok Management

Former Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Dedicated Sales and Training Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Premium Retail Services (More than a year)

Pros

The job itself was enjoyable. They provided great training as well. The products that you get to promote, sell, and train are great.

Cons

They need to work on communication with employees and Management. They need to live up to what they promise they will do for you. I was disappointed.

Advice to Management

I look into who you hire for Management and check their communication skills before putting them in that position. Hire more help for management also to provide assistance to their employees to ease the stress off the Managers.

May 28, 2015 – VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for your feedback. Communication is always an item we strive to improve upon, as any company should.

RSS Feed </> Embed