Premium Retail Services

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
3.6

Brian Travers & Kevin Travers

Pros
  • Easy Job, Work from Home, Alright pay, Good Work/Life Balance (in 4 reviews)

• Flexible schedule is a premium luxury (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

• Too much printing of paperwork at home (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Premium experience so far!

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything is done on- line; paperwork, scheduling, tracking my time, job assignments - really like that. Paid correctly and on time every two weeks. Variety of work and clients to represent is nice. Have seen people get promoted - they seem to look at capabilities of their employees.

Cons

Wish we could get benefits through the company. Pay rate hasn't increased in almost two years - would be nice to get some increase if we have been here a year and every year. Not much of a social media presence that I see.

Keep looking for perks or benefits for employees - they don't all have to be monetary. Keep improving QTrax - mobile app is awesome!

communication could be better

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

choose your own schedule, decent pay for most jobs

Cons

many small jobs actually cost you money to perform. Can spend a lot in reimbursed gas.

the Discover jobs are money losers, forcing us to travel some distance only to earn a few dollars. Likewise for some of the other jobs that pay less than an hour and require driving long distances. I frequently spend $30 in gas in order to earn maybe $50...not to mention the time spent behind the wheel. Conciser throwing in some gas money and some compensation for drive time

I'm just shy of a years employment

Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative  in  Monaca, PA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Monaca, PA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Schedules: They prefer Monday - Thursday, with Fridays being a possible make up day if needed. The flexibility with scheduling yourself. Pay roll: They issue a card that is credited every pay before i walk out the door, not having to give out your personal banking information. Company site: It lists everything from your schedule (which you make), payroll (hrs, pay, contact information, W2 info, pay-stub info), personal profile (how they rate your performance), educating videos, company discounts, company updates, time sheets, pending job paper work (with instructions, videos, **and will let you know if the company is printing and sending it to you), pending shipments, deliveries, and so on...no need to know multiple web sites (all in one). I have gotten reimbursed when acceptable, The pay is reasonable. They do pay you in each job for the ink and paper used to print information. If i have an issues with a store or a concern about a job, there is a site where we can communicate with others reps. and even get a heads up on a display (sometimes we post our Job pictures or problems with displays or instructions, or you can ALWAYS reach out to your areas RMM. They have Open conference training online (where everyone can communicate with comment questions and concerns). There is room to Grow... if you're willing to work hard for it. I get along with my RMM (Paul Taylor) So, I don't have issues with my job, He helps when I ask (can't expect it, if you don't ask, no one reads minds) and offers advice when needed, and he keeps in touch on a wkly base.

Cons

They don't give company benefits (health, dental, pharmacy, ect.). But you can purchase them. There aren't company vehicles, or electronic devices (that i'm aware of), you have to use all your own without reimbursement. They don't have a meet and greet with co workers ( gathering of employees *regardless of job title) - that i'm aware of.

* company benefits (health, dental, pharmacy, ect.) after a max time of employment (even if only 1 is offered) *company vehicles, or electronic devices (even if only offered after a length of time of employment), or at least possible reimbursement. *Company Meet and Greets with co workers ( gathering of employees by district *regardless of job title) - to meet those that you hear about, or contact from time to time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great place to work in New York

Cons

nothing negative to say at all

My experience at Premium Retail Services has been a great opportunity for me to learn about the retail industry.

Current Employee - Authorized Trainer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Authorized Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a Sales Representative, you are able to manage your weekly and monthly schedule, take ownership of your market, create and develop your own relationships with store associates/managers, and collaborate with the store employees.

Cons

Poor communication between management and reps, variables compromise your bonuses that are out of your control, little room for advancement, lack of work to fill full-time hours at times, and little reward for superior performance.

Bonus structure fluctuates too much, and too many variables compromise our bonuses, such as other companies servicing our account displays. Managers have visited my market twice in 19 months. Managers rarely return my phone calls within 24 hours, and claim to be too busy to address questions I have. Don't bite off more than you can chew!

It has paid my bills.

Current Employee - Zone Specialist
    Current Employee - Zone Specialist

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The flexibility of making your own weekly schedule is great. There are a variety of assignments. Friendly team members and managers.

Cons

There are no health benefits, no paid vacations , no yearly raises, no real incentive to work any harder than I already do. Everything is part time, unless it is 4th quarter then they expect you to work like crazy.

It would be nice to reward those employees that have been with the company for numerous years. Create incentives that are clearly stated unlike the current star rating or quarterly bonus program that never is awarded. It would be nice to be able to get praise or even just a phone call from RMM/DM's just to see how things are going from time to time. On team jobs, the team member should be required to watch the training video just like the leader so they are just as informed prior to starting the job.

I was a brand ambassador

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was out meeting people, work variety was very good, self-management. At the beginning, manager did reach out to me and made it a point to come see me.

Cons

Manager only contacted me when there was a problem or needed something specific.

Better communication from management about changes, with more time to adjust. Some of these changes impacted me getting paid.

PRS

I have been working at Premium Retail Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Co workers were dedicated and helpful

Cons

Leadership was all about themselves

Get involved to know what is going on

Lots of fun! Very flexible.

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fair compensation
    Fun positions with lots of flexibility

Cons

No benefits, jobs were only seasonal.

Premium retail services offer good compensation package and good advancement opportuties

Current Employee - Samsung Product Specialist  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Samsung Product Specialist in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get respect from everyone you are working with as you are the sole ambassador tor the brand which makes you like a manager as well as very involving marketing activities, working with my team definately make my job feel real fun and therefore easy as we interact all day assisting each other on group and facebook staying steadily up to date with changing trends. Very fun contests with a lot of chances to get nice bonuses like $1500, brand new uhd 55 inch tv.

Cons

During transition periods of old models there is usually shortage of work hours but usually temporary. This is a job where u have to keep your perfomance high or you can wake up next morning without a job but me personally, I never had to worry about that

Premium is very transparent and is a very fair and caring company. At this time it is not too much they can change to be better.

Premium Retail Services Photos

Corporate Headquarters

+ Add Photo

Worked for Premium Retail Services? Contribute to the Community!