Premium Retail Services

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
3.6

Brian Travers & Kevin Travers

Pros
  • Easy Job, Work from Home, Alright pay, Good Work/Life Balance (in 5 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule and good communication with management (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there are last minute changes, so I always check my website before I head out for the day (in 4 reviews)

• Too much printing of paperwork at home (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Lack of Communication

Former Employee - Lead in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do have work. Really one of the better paying companies for this type of work. Looks like they would continue to have work throughout the year.

Cons

Lack of Communication. I was with the company for a short time but found that they very seldom returned calls. Also would send people to the job without notifying the Lead. Unable to contact anyone on the weekend or evenings even though you are working. Hard to give customer service when you do not have the tools to work with.

Need to have a point of contact 24 hours a day if you have people working those hours. I was previously a district manager for a larger company and was available all the hours the stores were open. It will never work for a long period to keep employees and have district managers that are only available from 8-5 Monday through Friday. If they will not be available more of the time you need to find someone who is. Less employee turnover will result. I would have stayed and been a good employee if I was able to give they client I was working for good service. The client and I did not like the surprises that were happening and I could not get answers when they were needed. I really see a loss of clients due to the poor service and I left because I could not give that to the client what they needed.

Premium Retail Services Response

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and advice informed by prior experience. Rest assured that your comments are being heard and that your feedback both good and not so good is being shared with ... More

Unexpectedly disappointing

Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative
    Former Employee - Pet Ambassador and Merch Representative

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Online reporting, local work, creating your own schedule (kinda sort of) and working at your own pace are the only pros I can think of.

Cons

Certain job pay, payment method, costs incurred to perform work. These add up quick and when weighed and measured is a big negative.

You get paid on a debit card which costs money when you try to withdraw cash, even at a supposed select atms which were from the card company website that were supposed to be fee free. Debit purchases are free but I prefer cash or the money in my bank account. You can do a bank transfer but that takes even longer, 3-4 days longer because payday is on a Friday. Once an atm shorted me by $150 and it took both banks (bank whose atm it was and the pay card) it took two weeks to recoup the $150.

I worked as pet ambassador and then the merchandising side. The pet ambassador work paid much better than the merchandising but the hours eventually tapered off. The cost of gas, wear and tear on my vehicle made the pet ambassador work unfeasible.

The merchandising side pays less and has about the same amount hours but was local. However I found that costs which included the pay card, gas and the time to prep for the actual work which is not really included in the pay (this last someone might disagree saying they compensate for paper used and photos ect but $1.50 doesn't cover it) were the main reasons why I left the company. Once you take account of the time put into the work, the prep time before hand, cost of gas, fees from your pay card and then the actual pay, any sensible person would determine you are breaking even or profited maybe $40 for 16 to 20 hours of work and online reporting.

Read the review above. Also I know you are just passing on what was told to you but the whole late job reporting and the popular three strikes or your fired emails and sayings from conference calls is troublesome from those who do good work and is pretty depressing.

Premium Retail Services Response

Sep 3, 2014VP of Marketing and Communications

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Obviously, we wish your experience with Premium had not been one you consider disappointing. We do appreciate your candor and want you to understand ... More

Premium! Like it!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Family owned, cares about employees, tons of growth opportunities! Recently offered Direct Deposit to employees rather than a Pay Card - huge benefit for us, even though the Pay Card is fine - just a nice option. Qtrax system for jobs and training and putting in completed time has mobile app - awesome! Paperwork process to get started all electronic except for a few forms - saving trees!

Cons

Having to fill out a paper time sheet for some jobs - NOT saving trees - waste of time. Why can't we just use our QTrax site?

Human Resources people have been very helpful and answered questions timely, but they are difficult to get in touch with - wish it was easier to reach a person IRL!

Premium experience so far!

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everything is done on- line; paperwork, scheduling, tracking my time, job assignments - really like that. Paid correctly and on time every two weeks. Variety of work and clients to represent is nice. Have seen people get promoted - they seem to look at capabilities of their employees.

Cons

Wish we could get benefits through the company. Pay rate hasn't increased in almost two years - would be nice to get some increase if we have been here a year and every year. Not much of a social media presence that I see.

Keep looking for perks or benefits for employees - they don't all have to be monetary. Keep improving QTrax - mobile app is awesome!

communication could be better

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Watertown, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

choose your own schedule, decent pay for most jobs

Cons

many small jobs actually cost you money to perform. Can spend a lot in reimbursed gas.

the Discover jobs are money losers, forcing us to travel some distance only to earn a few dollars. Likewise for some of the other jobs that pay less than an hour and require driving long distances. I frequently spend $30 in gas in order to earn maybe $50...not to mention the time spent behind the wheel. Conciser throwing in some gas money and some compensation for drive time

I'm just shy of a years employment

Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Monaca, PA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Monaca, PA

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Schedules: They prefer Monday - Thursday, with Fridays being a possible make up day if needed. The flexibility with scheduling yourself. Pay roll: They issue a card that is credited every pay before i walk out the door, not having to give out your personal banking information. Company site: It lists everything from your schedule (which you make), payroll (hrs, pay, contact information, W2 info, pay-stub info), personal profile (how they rate your performance), educating videos, company discounts, company updates, time sheets, pending job paper work (with instructions, videos, **and will let you know if the company is printing and sending it to you), pending shipments, deliveries, and so on...no need to know multiple web sites (all in one). I have gotten reimbursed when acceptable, The pay is reasonable. They do pay you in each job for the ink and paper used to print information. If i have an issues with a store or a concern about a job, there is a site where we can communicate with others reps. and even get a heads up on a display (sometimes we post our Job pictures or problems with displays or instructions, or you can ALWAYS reach out to your areas RMM. They have Open conference training online (where everyone can communicate with comment questions and concerns). There is room to Grow... if you're willing to work hard for it. I get along with my RMM (Paul Taylor) So, I don't have issues with my job, He helps when I ask (can't expect it, if you don't ask, no one reads minds) and offers advice when needed, and he keeps in touch on a wkly base.

Cons

They don't give company benefits (health, dental, pharmacy, ect.). But you can purchase them. There aren't company vehicles, or electronic devices (that i'm aware of), you have to use all your own without reimbursement. They don't have a meet and greet with co workers ( gathering of employees *regardless of job title) - that i'm aware of.

* company benefits (health, dental, pharmacy, ect.) after a max time of employment (even if only 1 is offered) *company vehicles, or electronic devices (even if only offered after a length of time of employment), or at least possible reimbursement. *Company Meet and Greets with co workers ( gathering of employees by district *regardless of job title) - to meet those that you hear about, or contact from time to time.

great place to work

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in New York, NY

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great place to work in New York

Cons

nothing negative to say at all

My experience at Premium Retail Services has been a great opportunity for me to learn about the retail industry.

Current Employee - Authorized Trainer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Authorized Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Premium Retail Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a Sales Representative, you are able to manage your weekly and monthly schedule, take ownership of your market, create and develop your own relationships with store associates/managers, and collaborate with the store employees.

Cons

Poor communication between management and reps, variables compromise your bonuses that are out of your control, little room for advancement, lack of work to fill full-time hours at times, and little reward for superior performance.

Bonus structure fluctuates too much, and too many variables compromise our bonuses, such as other companies servicing our account displays. Managers have visited my market twice in 19 months. Managers rarely return my phone calls within 24 hours, and claim to be too busy to address questions I have. Don't bite off more than you can chew!

It has paid my bills.

Current Employee - Zone Specialist
    Current Employee - Zone Specialist

I have been working at Premium Retail Services part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The flexibility of making your own weekly schedule is great. There are a variety of assignments. Friendly team members and managers.

Cons

There are no health benefits, no paid vacations , no yearly raises, no real incentive to work any harder than I already do. Everything is part time, unless it is 4th quarter then they expect you to work like crazy.

It would be nice to reward those employees that have been with the company for numerous years. Create incentives that are clearly stated unlike the current star rating or quarterly bonus program that never is awarded. It would be nice to be able to get praise or even just a phone call from RMM/DM's just to see how things are going from time to time. On team jobs, the team member should be required to watch the training video just like the leader so they are just as informed prior to starting the job.

Lots of fun! Very flexible.

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Premium Retail Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fair compensation
    Fun positions with lots of flexibility

Cons

No benefits, jobs were only seasonal.

Premium Retail Services Photos