Presagis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jean-Michel Briere

Light at the end of the tunnel for a turnaround company

ProsNew management with experience in product development leading the company
    Great working atmosphere
    Smart people who are friendly and welcoming
    Solving hard problems with innovative software
    Release of M&S 2013

ConsPresagis has gone through recent right-sizing activities that have resulted in decreased headcount
    Geographically dispersed teams offers its own challenges

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees recognize that the current management were faced by many challenges when they took over the organization and that it takes time to turn a company around. The release of M&S 2013 marks the first tangible accomplishment in this long journey.

Great until 2009

Software Developer (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe people were great to work with. Until management decided to let them all go.

ConsManagement has been extremely poor the last several years. Multiple CEOs, regular changes in direction and a lack of understanding of the market the Presagis serves. Or rather, served.

This is a company who unfortunately has no idea who they are

(Former Employee)

Pros- Sold core of technology
    - Some good people escaped the "right sizing" and nepotistic practices
    - pay is competitive

Cons- Upper and middle management do not seem to know or understand the products, customers, or markets
    - Most of the capable people who understood the products and customers have either been let go, moved into positions of no effect, or left on their own
    - The result is a set of good products with very few people capable of supporting or maintaining them

Advice to Senior ManagementMake yourselves accountable for your many mistakes. Find leaders who will inspire and lead, not spout theoretical and useless paragraphs from business books. Spend more time leading and less time covering your collective escapes from the inevitable implosion

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I don't recommend working for this company

Software Developer (Current Employee)

Pros- Hours were good. Wasn't overworked for the most part.
    - People are friendly and nice to work with.

Cons- The company goes through reorganizations routinely. There was rarely a year where I thought I wasn't going to lose my job.
    - The CEO gets replaced about once a year or two and every time it happens the company starts making a ton of changes to the structure, processes, and goals of the company. Sometimes patterns would appear where CEO A would make a change, then CEO B would undo that change, and then CEO C would return to the change made by CEO A.
    - Deadlines were always being moved as management kept adding features to products.
    - Management doesn't distribute important information to the rest of the company. Operating blind is common.
    - When management held meetings, instead of passing around important information, they would give long speeches about how we need to "focus", "deliver to customers on time", and "provided quality products". While telling us this they would show power points with incredibly unrealistic profit forecasts and would never explain where the data for these forecasts was coming from.
    - Management listens to employee feedback but rarely implements it.
    - The company got into trouble quite often when individuals would make promises to customers that the products and services couldn't keep. This would result in late nights for many developers and people losing their jobs.
    - The coffee was terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to a plan and stop changing everything around so often. Communicate important information with the rest of the company more often and don't waste peoples time with all hands meetings that are nothing but bad storytelling and cheerleading. Stop telling us that we need to "focus" and provide quality products on time; we already know that.

circling the drain

Software Developer (Former Employee)

Prosgood people, great engineers, free parking; great product. high profile customers. In the past, bleeding edge technology. good coffee.

ConsLayoffs/ reorganizations yearly. It seems that the management makes decisions without thinking about the consequences. No career paths for the employees.

Advice to Senior Managementtoo late to do anything

Management has no idea. Very segregated into classes of Management and workers. No concept on spending or saving.

ProsGreat employees and site in Montreal.

ConsManagement has no idea how to manage. They continually tell employees to focus, work harder but change direction of comapny every year. We are a COTS company, no we are a services company, no we are both. QA is non-existent. Currently release a product and do testing for a week then release. No new features always playing catch up. Spend way too much in some areas and none in others. Under bid contracts to win them and then over commit to items not in contract thus ending up in Red every contract delivery.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not a 200 million dollar company. Never will be. Use services to fund development. Give employees a path to a career not just a job. Stay on course and quit changing direction.

Wish there was a negative rating selection for executive leadership

ProsGood coffee machine in Montreal. Excellent people at the individual contributor level. Good products, nice office, flexible work schedule. Most of the personnel at the worker level are very talented with few exceptions and will go out of their way to help a co-worker.

ConsNo chance of advancement unless you are well connected. No vision for the future at the executive level. Cronyism is rampant over the past year with many "yes" men being brought into the organization. Independent thinking is not tolerated. If you agree with upper management without question, you can progress otherwise you are blamed for any and all problems in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling the future by making numbers each and every year through layoffs. Wake up! Layoffs in March are so common that everyone stops working the first day, waiting to see if they will still be around next year. Get out of the COTS business if you do not understand business and the need to build for the future.

Interesting time. Learned much about myself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLots of work at the beginning and due to smaller size of the company this gave more opportunities to expand one's skills. Co-workers were both helpful and encouraging. The visual simulation work has been the most interesting in my career and probably will be in the remainder of my career.

ConsNothing that has not already been said in other reviews. The real company is CAE and they should be getting these reviews posted on their site also. I wish a zero star rating could be given to senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on.

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat place to work. Good people friendly atmosphere. Managers concerned with their employers growth in the company and their individual skills. They understand that increasing the knowledge and skill of their employees help the company.

ConsTakes a while to get the ball rolling on things sometimes. However, when they do finally start they go fast.

Great place for internship

Programmer (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsWork environment is great, nice office and friendly employees.

ConsNothing to report as negative.

Worked for Presagis? Contribute to the Community!