Presbyterian Healthcare Services

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2014

Presbyterian Healthcare Services President and CEO Jim Hinton

Jim Hinton

patient oriented and progressive, this hospital works hard at providing quality care to an underprivileged community.

Nursing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPHS works hard at trying to be the best in healthcare for New Mexico. It truly has the community's needs as it's primary focus and concern. Tim and time again it has shown that it's heart is with the needs of the patient.

ConsAdministratively, it likes to think it engages the hospital's many talented doctors, nurses , pharmacists and support staff....but still seems to make decisions based less on the input of those individuals who in fact are the "service", and makes decisions based on either middle to upper management slant alone or possibly it's heavily placed financial input. The result is frequently complex and poorly implemented service or systems roll outs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your middle management to truly involve those of us who are on the front lines of care giving and who reflect the day to day service of your organization.

Great,up until 7 months ago................

Medical Technologist (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI work for the patients, we tend to forget the elder, who advocates for our older generations??pres allows me to offer some thing to drink to our patients. this makes me and our patients happy.......

Consmanagement, not enough exp. lack in social skilles.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave forgotten why we are here????? (for the patients)

I love it

Professional (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

Prosserving the community when they need us most

Conshealthcare is challenging.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

best place to work in healthcare to serve New Mexicans

Albuquerque, NM

ProsMission focused in all things. adapting quickly to the changing industry which will position well for future. expects high quality of care for the patients and members. A not for profit company. great teamwork and people.

Conshealthcare is hard industry right now. lots of changing, puts lot of demand on the employees. they work very hard and the pace is fast.

hardwork

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services

Prosgreat coworker as well as pay and hours

Conslot of work that is in three hour. It may feel like to some people six hours

Good learning experience

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Clovis, NM

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services part-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, nice and helpful people to work with

ConsManagement is very far-removed from what actually goes on, yet they still make decisions that greatly, and often negatively, impact the employees. Long hours, stressful.

Mission focused, values oriented, stellar operational and clinical performance

ProsCommunity reputation, opportunity to make a postive difference.

ConsMost areas are a high pace environment designed for those that can keep pace.

Management Not Qualified

PFS Billing Specialist (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGood PTO, retirement

ConsManagement is not trained in how to manage. Many have no secondary education. Internal transfer is not private, your current manager is sent a copy of your application. Sabotage is common. There is a high school atmosphere with a lot of cliques within the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workforce like adults, not school children. It is easy to see why so many people leav .

Does not walk the talk. Data is power and Senior Mgt hoards it, throwing middle mgt under the bus. Schoolyard bullies.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Presbyterian Healthcare Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPHS has amassed huge resources at their disposal for improving healthcare in NM.

ConsUnderstands the (old) business of healthcare but not the delivery of healthcare. Strange culture of power hoarding, schoolyard bully threats (veiled or explicit), and "watch your back" mentality at the top frequently translates to the frontline to produce a fear-based atmosphere, eroding the compassionate care experience significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture tone is set at the top. It is fully institutionalized, entrenched. No change in sight.

A year of interfaith resident chaplaincy and clinical pastoral education

Chaplain Resident (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Presbyterian Healthcare Services as an intern for more than a year

ProsAn organization committed to excellence and the ethical treatment of its employees
An organization with a strong, positive mission statement of customer service that it strives to follow with great diligence
A medical organization that sees health through the all three lenses of body, mind and spirit
Rust Medical Center in particular is outstanding for its sense of team and the integration of body, mind and spirit in an innovating environment striving for constant improvement

ConsThe work of resident chaplain and CPE student requires a lot of time and commitment to a rigorous process of formation (not really a con if you realize the result of this experience)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep holding to the Pres vision of medicine and healthcare that strives to integrate body, mind and spirit for patients, families, staff and the entire community

Worked for Presbyterian Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Presbyterian Healthcare Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Presbyterian Healthcare Services CEO Jim Hinton. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Presbyterian Healthcare Services employees.