Presbyterian Senior Living

Presbyterian Senior Living Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

PSL has provided wonderful opportunity to grow and serve others.

ProsAbility to work in an organization that promotes Christian beliefs and values. Independent and innovative ideas are discussed openly.

ConsAfter having worked in the for profit world of aging services, trust me when I say there are no cons worth mentioning.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to seek new and innovative ways to serve seniors

Not a great place to work.

Held A Few Different Positions (Current Employee)
    Dillsburg, PA

ProsThe majority of staff members are caring. The properties are beautiful and well cared for. Upper management is interested in and follow up on client feedback.
    It's nice that staff is recognized for years of service and attendance.

ConsStaff members in nursing homes are overworked. Patients have to wait entirely to long for assistance, often wetting themselves while waiting. Food is lousy and food service slow. Bathing of patients twice weekly is not satisfactory. Nursing home residents are placed in their wheelchairs in front of nursing stations to vegetate. Takes weeks for new patients to get TV and phone service. Patients have to ask repeatedly for their needs to be met, even simple needs like water.

When management closes early due to weather, staff is required to use their personal time. Most companies just pay their employees when they are sent home. Very few paid holidays, no benefits for part time employees.

Lower level management is unskilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower level managers working from home is a joke. Housing service manager (TW) leaves early to pick up her child. Only returns calls from upper management. Underlings are ignored and frustrated. New managers are given free range to make up rules as they see fit. Upper management should hold them accountable by asking for feedback from employees.

poor management, always putting out fires

ProsThere is flexibility in allowing you to balance home and work. The mission statement is great-- the core values would make me excited to work for this organization. Unfortunately, these values are not consistently demonstrated.

ConsThere is very poor communication among staff that begins with management. There have been management issues for years; however, it seems like it continues to get worse. The morale among staff is low and continuing to get worse.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great care, poor management

Prosgreat care given to residents, direct staff are pretty awesome, great food...depends on each facility...

Consoperates like a for-profit, management plays politics between facilities and corporate office, building management not supportive of direct employees

Mixed feelings

Nurse (Former Employee)
    Lehigh Valley, PA

ProsGood environment, good conditions, good care

ConsStaffing issues. One person with too much responsibility to accomplish tasks as completely as necessary

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

Worked for Presbyterian Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Presbyterian Senior Living reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Presbyterian Senior Living employees.