Presbyterian Village North

Presbyterian Village North Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wonderful residents, some great employees, untrustworthy management.

Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

ProsMine was a full-time, supervisory position in the food service department. The pay was adequate for a start and benefits were available. I fell in love with the residents, enjoyed my job, and looked forward to the challenges every day. I could have been happy with this location, my position (with hopes of moving upward in management) and expected a long, successful adventure with this company.

ConsThis company had a rigid cap on employees earnings (many employees having worked for years without any hope of a raise) making it impossibly unaffordable for them to take advantage of the benefits package.
Management was unyielding pertaining to common sense issues, making the challenges for more difficult to overcome than necessary - if at all. Most egregiously, corporate considered their written, mandatory policies to be arbitrary.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine what you may be doing wrong to earn yourself a turnover rate of 40+%.
Awarding human resources authority over the departmental management team to make decisions concerning their employees and issues that arise is unacceptable.
If an employee offers a solution to a issue, see it for the benefit to management that it is rather than an affront to anyone's standing.
Accusations of wrong-doing without supportive evidence wins no one respect and ultimately continues a restless, volatile work environment.
When earning outstanding reviews from state agencies, rather than passing on prayer and praises, it might do well to express your appreciation to the employees who helped the company earn those reviews in the form of much-needed salaries rather than making excuses that your pay is in line with the competition.

Committed to low wages.

Departmental Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Presbyterian Village North full-time for less than a year

ProsThe residents of this retirement community were a blessing to work for and to know.

ConsWhile the company praises itself better than the competition it insists on paying its employees based on the same competition.
The company flaunts its faith-based affiliation, but the hypocrisy is more than evident in how it treats its employees.
Constructs mandatory regulations and procedures but will not abide by them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach.
Do unto others.....
Work smarter, not harder. This is the most dysfunctional company I've had the benefit of being associated with.

Employees that actually work hard are underpaid and unappreciated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Presbyterian Village North

ProsPatients were the only reason I worked there as long as I did.

ConsLazy coworkers; greedy, uninvolved upper management; low pay; no appreciation for good service from employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers with respect, especially the CNA's, they are the backbone of the entire facility. Encourage opinions and new ideas, offer raises based on performance and NOT social preference.

Worked for Presbyterian Village North? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Presbyterian Village North reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Presbyterian Village North employees.