Presidio
www.presidio.com Greenbelt, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Presidio Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Bob Cagnazzi

OK place to work if you are on the right team

Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsLarge provider with a lot of access to training. There are many talented engineers with great experience. There are some opportunities for advancement.

ConsRun to much like a public company due private investment owner. Tell you what you want to hear management style in middle management. Company values are great, in theory:)

Advice to Senior ManagementPretending to listen to feedback does not fool anybody.

Could. Be better

Technical (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat overall company. Not good in growth market

ConsManagement could be more technically in tune.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right manager

Excellent Team Environment

Engineering (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEngineering teams work together very well, strong growth potential technically and professionally

Conslots of weekend and night work

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the positive culture

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Misaligned goals; micromanagement; impending doom.

Delivery Center (Current Employee)
    Lewisville, TX

ProsExposure to networking, voice, and data center technologies. Great people to work with, but thats about it. Good place to get started and looks nice on paper but ultimately the experience is not worth it.

ConsZero culture. Everyone complains about how bad it is and are either actively pursuing new jobs or keep there heads down and accept their fate (which is sad). Too many mid-level and senior management around running an IT company like a sweat shop. Multiple mergers means everyone is on a different system in each department, database don't match up so customer information is either unavailable or difficult to locate.

Management prefers to hire unqualified personnel to save a buck and views value on quantity over quality. Every engineer is a body in a seat and nothing more.
    Customers allowed to run rampant and make unrealistic demands. Where ITIL makes a Priority 1 incident a total network outage, some customers have P1s for a router down, while others view P1s and P2s as a 1 server with high CPU. Some customers have contracts where every issue they have will be regarded as nothing less than a P2 incident.

No compensation for extra hours worked, or at best comp time is given, but because they are so short staffed one never has time to take vacation.

With impending rumors of a buyout, management remains aloof and would rather spend money on flash for touring customers than hiring additional "Competent" engineers.

Priorities are completely mixed and unrealistic with engineer on call expectations of 24/7. Voice and R/S engineers rotate on call every 3 weeks or less, and are expected to work 60+ hours with little pay increase or incentive.

No culture or soul. VPs and Directors do not interact with their workforce, threaten to fire employees for mediocre and alienating reasons (managed services could be fired for simply walking through the Professional Services door.)

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to pay attention to the customer, and their employees. Sit down, and listen to what their workforce needs and why their customers are upset. Address the issues without trying tag a sale into the mix. Fire half of the unnecessary managers there. There are way to many, so trim the fat.

Good company, great learning opportunities

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood place to work, lots to learn but must be self motivator. Most of the time working autonomously, however the amount of engineering talented available is amazing when under a difficult task.

ConsLack of deeper upper management interaction with staff. Middle management on par. Decision making issues due to over management. Seems to push more product than service. Segregation of sales and delivery teams causes issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince this is an IT solutions company I would suggest to C-level management that engagement with sales engineering and product delivery integrate at an engineering level and not a management level.

Feel like rental furniture moved around in a staged "flip house" on an HGTV show.

ProsThere are good engineers, highly-effective project managers, helpful support staff and competent managers that you will encounter within Presidio. These decent people who are dedicated to professionalism and to furthering their craft often make that knife-edge difference where the "culture" and lack of focus (see cons) fail. Also, the pay, bonus and benefits are slightly above industry average.

ConsI have witnessed some of the most unprofessional and demeaning behavior of my career directed toward my colleagues by "high performers" (particularly by sales and sales management). My colleagues and I would expect to be summarily fired if we were to do this to anyone, but somehow, for some it's okay and it continues. Whatever or whoever makes a buck, right? This selfishness is further enabled by the "coin-operated" value system in place. "If you do 'X', then you will (possibly) get 'Y', but we don't really care how you get X. The more bodies left along the way, the better our EBITDA looks, anyway." Finally, companies do not have "culture". Going to COSTCO and buying something with the intention of getting people to "hang out" may be well-intended and probably working for some nifty Wall Street darling start-up, but is not going to solve this problem, here. It's ironic, our people are looked at as "objects" and objects looked at as ways to solve the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe get it, you're not really here to make Presidio a "destination workplace". You're here to increase EBITDA and to cash out. We really get it, so please drop that smoke screen, as it's insulting our intelligence. Also please, on your way out, don't further demoralize those who really want to take care of their customers, have a stable and enriching career, and work with good and well-behaved people. The "instant powdered culture" approach, constant slow-motion reorganizations and placing the wrong people in key regional positions are also not helping things.

Good place to work!

Analytics Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood projects and lots to learn!

ConsCompany is in mode of consolidation of processes within various regions after acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed solid management on services side of the house and better integration and flow within various regions.

Horrific culture with a cancer that ate it away in california

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsNOTHING!!! Upper Management has never listened and California imploded on itself losing many good people due to the cancer brought into the company over two years ago.

ConsThe cancer has finally been eradicated! It took over two years of woeful performance, alienating partners, employees and becoming a good old boys club. It is bittersweet as what all the employes said would occur, did and many people suffered because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees!!!!!!!!

Fast moving, growing fast

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is very good, work/life balance is good.

ConsInconsistent product and service offers across geographies. Getting bigger, more bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter, more consistent on-boarding of new employees.

Could be a great company

Sales (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat engineers, great vendor partners

Consbad decisions by VPs, not in alignment with the CEO at all

Advice to Senior Managementbe like the CEO, he's trying to create a great company and you veeps are not helping.

Worked for Presidio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Presidio reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Presidio CEO Bob Cagnazzi. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Presidio employees.