Presidio

Updated January 10, 2015
Updated January 10, 2015
3.2

Bob Cagnazzi

Pros
  • Compensation is very good, work/life balance is good (in 6 reviews)

• Presidio has given me the opportunity to work with some great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Only provide flexibility and work/life balance to people they like (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management is not listening or they are blatantly being lied to by middle management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of exposure to the biggest & best OEMs. Excellent Inside Sales Support.

Cons

Locked into working w Cisco & EMC too much. Internal issues often deter moral bc we want to provide the client with the best outcome possible and sometimes the resources are overbooked. Presidio needs to hire more strong engineers to scale better.

Consolidate the systems better, use a better CRM and get out in the field more.

Presidio is great

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great management, high performance learning organization

Cons

No annual reviews, or guaranteed yearly raises

Good Place To Work overall I like it

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

Nice group of people overall and I like them

Cons

sold too many times and not additional shares are being offered

include middle management in more of the high level conversations

I worked at Presidio

Pros

Great benefits and time off. Nice facilities. Great location in Orlando

Cons

Some shake ups in management when CTI was purchased by Presidio.

Project Manager

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

Presidio is a great place to work. My manager is excellent and I like my co-workers. The engineers are the best.

Cons

I have no complaints so far.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Accounts Recivable Clerk in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Accounts Recivable Clerk in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Presidio as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, fast paced environment, friendly staff, and well stocked kitchen. The working environment was quiet but fast, and there was a lot of really cool technology to make work easier and more efficient.

Cons

The building was cold in winter and hot in the summer. As a temp it was not a permanent position, sadly and as such when the economy turned down a notch it was impossible to remain, even though they asked me to come back later

Keep your high performers when they are available to you

Jan 16, 2015Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Presidio. We agree in that working with cutting edge technology allows employees to keep developing new ... More

I love working at Presidio.

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

Family culture and the ability to work with all teams across the board. Strong vendor relationships and engineering excellence enables Presidio to execute for our customers and continue to grow over the years.

Cons

Like any company we have challenges, however because of the above mentioned structure above we have the ability to get through most challenges throughout the days/weeks/quarters/years.

Keep it up

Jan 16, 2015Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We agree that vendor relationships and engineering excellence are keys to our success. If you'd like to further discuss, feel free to email us at ... More

Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Presidio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Presidio. It took me a couple years to finally make the jump but I am glad i did. I love working with a close knit team and I know I can depend on the people around me.

Cons

There are a lot of policies to learn.

Keep on training the employees, This is a very talented company and lets make it even better!

Jan 16, 2015Head of Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Working within a tight knit group is certainly a positive! If you'd like to further discuss, feel free to email us at glassdoor@presidio.com.

Margins and Billable Hours!!!

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

You mostly get to telecommute, especially if you're a PM or Engineer. Quarterly bonuses are good, but beware they are totally dependent on billable hours and "utilization", both of which are out of your control, despite what they tell you. The bonus and OT is great, IF you work 70+ hour weeks. Be sure to review the "compensation package" carefully!

Cons

Project Managers are not technically savvy and mostly mediocre. Engineering managers are always MIA and seldom reach out to their subordinates. There is a HUGE disconnect between pre-sales and delivery teams. Account managers and pre-sales engineers often over-sell solutions without understanding client requirements. Expect to be thrown into the wolves on short notice, being asked to jump into a project mid-stream with next to no information or requirements provided to you. Back end operations are sub-par, ranging from Benefits/HR/Help Desk to so called "service coordinators" who don't do much of anything. Expect to be double-booked and over utilized working on 6+ projects simultaneously. If you're a project manager, expect to manage two dozen projects simultaneously.

Shake up the ladder from the top down. There is a lot of overhead in this company and it can be run a lot leaner. Seems that on a regional basis, the story is always the same. Presidio buys a local company and turns it into an unpleasant place to work. There is a reason Presidio is a revolving door of employees.

I wake up every day happy I am no longer at Presidio

I worked at Presidio full-time

Pros

I spent 5 years of my life at Presidio. In the beginning, it was a great place to work. The money was always above average. The last 12-18 months were absolutely HORRIBLE and I could not get out of there fast enough.

Cons

Engineering management's vision is office independent and extremely black and white -- don't expect anyone in engineering to think outside the box because they won't. Also, don't expect that the vision in one office matches another. There are literally 20 different visions within one company. You will get a story about their single vision and perhaps that is the case at the upper management level but is hardly the case at the local level.

Pre-sales engineering has tunnel vision and needs to get out of the office more. They over-price their services and think they are justified because "We are Presidio".

Delivery engineers are treated one step above endentured servants. They get stuck working every weekend and have a poor work/life balance.

You preach about a "destination workplace" -- get out in the field and see if that is really the case. I suggest you ask the employees that aren't part of the local management cliques what they think about their local office. Also, the absolute biggest joke is sending an employee who is leaving an "exit interview" that some HR intern created with Survey Monkey and expecting you will get effective and meaningful feedback.