Presidio Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
115 reviews filtered by
3.3
Bob Cagnazzi

Pros
  • Compensation is very good, work/life balance is good (in 6 reviews)

• Presidio has given me the opportunity to work with some great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Only provide flexibility and work/life balance to people they like (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management is not listening or they are blatantly being lied to by middle management (in 5 reviews)

1. I love Presidio

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of resources that help me

Cons

too many cooks in the kitchen

please be fair

2. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Delivery Center Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Delivery Center Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really smart people, really cool projects. There is never a dull day. My career development has taken off since working here, I get to touch so many cool things.

Cons

In addition to the really smart people, there also some really horrible processes. There are a number of things in managed services that haven't worked for a long time. The only reason anyone can provide for them being that way is that 'they've always been that way'. I'm still proud of the work we do, but sometimes the middle managers can be a pain to deal with.

Listen to the engineers when it comes to process. We know what works. Don't hire someone that's never done our job and put them in a place where they're telling us how to do it best.

3. They Don't Respect Finance

I worked at Presidio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer regular paychecks, I worked there for 2 years and they never once missed a check run or tried to with hold anything.

Will hire you right out of college.

Cons

They literally could care less about the finance department or the people who work in it.

At one point the finance team had to test run a new policy before it would get sent over to sales and engineering. They gave everyone a brochure of how this policy would work with dozens of examples. Not one example actually involved anything remotely on the finance side of the business.

Lots of turnover leaves most of their AR in really bad shape.

Middle management is a great team and tries to look out for their employees. Upper management needs to understand finance department is what actually brings in the money for the products you sold.

Great Company in a Dynamic Industry

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Despite the strong growth over the years, the Company still has a Family Culture feel to it. No Micromanagement--you understand your role and excel at it. Competitive salary and benefits package. Team works together toward common success goals.

Cons

The Company hires A-Players and has been running at $1 million revenue per team member since the beginning years. While this is not really a Con, you have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. It means you really need to pull your weight to succeed.

Maintain the strong family-team culture. Expand internationally to further strengthen the Company's position.

6. Just Meh With Possibility

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Professional in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Proposal Professional in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Presidio

Pros

Good Compensation; Friendly Staff; Positive Expansion

Cons

Expansion without solid plans to incorporate new ventures which leaves the company and its employees behind the eight ball and scrambling to work in an environment of disarray

There needs to be more cohesion with departments that are part of the process particularly with mergers and acquisitions.

7. Great environment, great team

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woburn, MA

I worked at Presidio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

More often than not, you end up leaving on time and your manager is very understanding if you are sick and have to take a day off. Over time, you are expected to be able to deal with issues yourself, but the team is always there to assist if you are struggling. Everybody is very friendly. Depending on the type of job, you can telecommute but you are still expected to show up in the office and are encouraged to do so.

Cons

The health insurance is good, but the overall cost is not. You have an exceedingly high total deductible before you get 100% coverage, and that is on the best plan available. Dental and vision is OK. Did not feel there was much or any opportunity for advancement.

I think an employee can be more effective if a performance review can be conducted twice a year, instead of annually. That way you can correct any incorrect behavior or turn more focus towards strengthening your weak areas. It can be a little discouraging when you don't get many good scores at a review, even though others commented on what a good you are doing.

8. Fantastic team environment fun place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, constantly varied work among many customers. Great team mates. Partial work from home. It's exciting to constantly work with new technologies. Special partner only training.

Cons

As with any IT job there can be Long hours, weekend work, and travel. Sometimes you are asked to travel outside your area.

More training opportunities like Cisco Live

Good Company to work for

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

Lots of really great people! Ability to learn leading edge technology

Cons

Information is does not flow to the individuals who need it. Management team seems to thrive on creating drama! The focus needs to be providing the best customer experience

Groups need to function as a TEAM

10. Sweat shop!

I worked at Presidio

Pros

Not sure? A short-term stepping stone?

Cons

They only care about revenue and EIBITA. Overworked employees struggling with a huge workload. All departments are on a "budget" with no help or support. I've seen this first hand in Sales, HR, Engineering, and Corp Services. Be wary. Ask them about their turnover.

we wonder if their new owner, Apollo Group Management, treats the rest of their shell companies the same.

Sales

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of exposure to the biggest & best OEMs. Excellent Inside Sales Support.

Cons

Locked into working w Cisco & EMC too much. Internal issues often deter moral bc we want to provide the client with the best outcome possible and sometimes the resources are overbooked. Presidio needs to hire more strong engineers to scale better.

Consolidate the systems better, use a better CRM and get out in the field more.