Presidio

Presidio Reviews

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014

Bob Cagnazzi

Pros
  • Compensation is very good, work/life balance is good (in 5 reviews)

• Presidio has given me the opportunity to work with some great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Only provide flexibility and work/life balance to people they like (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management is not listening or they are blatantly being lied to by middle management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Account Manager in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Presidio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generous salaries, people were great to work with. They offered good work-life balance and training on new products. Good comp plan, full benefits.

Cons

I worked remotely in a different state, so was not engaged in the day to day office life and stimulation. Although I prefer to work from my home office. My initial manager was not very engaged with me.

I know Presidio is an engineering focused company, but it's the sales force that's brining in the business, so perhaps doing a little more to support them would be my advice.

Solid nationally, horrid locally

I worked at Presidio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large national partner with lots of resources and presence in most major markets.

Cons

Local politics lead to decisions based on what side of the acquisition you were on. 'Presidio, Presidio' employees now taking precedence over any other employee not from the original gang. In the South, cost cutting is initiative #1, followed closely by the goal to oust all Coleman employees.

You cannot cut your way to growth. Score settling for past slights, real or perceived, is also not a business strategy. North and West seem to be on the right track, South region should not be allowed to continue to self destruct.

Good place to build experience

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started with experience in a related position but no substantive experience for the position for which I interviewed. The department management team took a chance and I learned a lot of skills that will serve me well. The company offers tuition reimbursement and a generous amount of PTO.

Cons

The office culture is works well for those who are part of the clique. For those who are not, it is easy to see the favoritism and difference in demeanor between those who are in and those who are out. Unfortunately, this affects everyone because management is part of the clique.

The area in need of significant improvement is the lack of regular and consistent training. Those who get training are likely to receive different answers to the same question from the person who conducted the training even if the question is asked within days of the training. Another area for improvement is instituting consistency of policies and procedures across the regions. The greatest opportunity for improvement is with regard to accountability. Some departments are held to a higher standard while others hire a person whose sole purpose is to fix the mistakes of others. The result is that those who make the mistakes do not learn what is done incorrectly or how to correct the behavior.

Messed up company

I have been working at Presidio

Pros

I don't have any pros sorry

Cons

high turnover, low quality management, etc...

Great team, culture, and career.

Current Employee - Post Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Post Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am currently in my second run at Presidio. I have been here a total of 5 years. I made the poor choice of leaving a few years back to take a job with a competitor and quickly found the grass is not always greener. After a couple of years away, I came back. Presidio has given me the opportunity to work with some great people. I have also had the chance to stretch myself technically and managerially which is always what I am looking for. The team members I have now are fantastic. Everyone has your back and there are no egos to get in the way.

Cons

If anything, sometimes it is a bit frustrating when seeing chances to improve and not the time nor the managerial support to take a step back to re-evaluate. Time is money at a VAR so this is understandable. This is improving and I have seen much worse in my other jobs.

Utilize peoples strengths. They are different. Some people excel in certain types of projects both internal and external, find out what your employees are good at, what excites them, and then use them as such.

Presidio is a great place to work, learn and grow professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a lot of great resources here, and we have a ton of fun! Everyone is friends and we work together really well. The culture is more than just selling stuff and making money - we give back to the community and we really try to help each other. Our team is like a close-knit family.

Cons

We work hard, but we also play hard. There is a high bar here and if you're not committed to the team and the goals, you may not be happy here, but if you are, the rewards are well worth the hard work.

I would tell management to be more in touch with people one or two levels down from them. The higher up managers know each other well but many of the regular employees don't know anyone other than their direct manager personally.

Very fast paced company, need to be patient

Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance with Presidio, just need to look for them and be willing to push for what you want. Compensation is excellent and fairly transparent. Work-Life balance can vary depending on how efficient you are at your work, and of course your manager and team.

Cons

Do to the size of the company, it does take time to get training scheduled, but once you are on the radar, it does not talk long. And there are times when the workload may seem to be to much, but nothing that I would no expect and you just have to keep management informed of your status if overwhelmed.

Help proven talent move laterally in the company for new opportunities.

Great People, Good Salary

Current Employee - Manager in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Presidio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, great salary, good benefits, great people to work with. Engineering is top of the class. Relaxed environment. Encourages independent work and ownership of job responsibilities.

Cons

No formal processes and if so, not updated to keep up with increased workload. Internal systems cumbersome and not efficient. Management lack luster due to high-level of employee competency. They don't think outside the box. Does not embrace process improvements. No salary increases.

Consider changing environment and value employees that actually do the work input. Integrate processes into one consistent for overal company instead of 2-3 different due to company mergers. Get rid of the individual empires within the company.

Worst company out there

Current Employee - NOC
    Current Employee - NOC

I have been working at Presidio (more than an year)

Pros

None. You'll get experience because you're so overworked. You receive absolutely no recognition for your hard work and will look for another job like I've been doing.

Cons

Prepared to be so underpaid compared to your peers that you'll end up bitter and disgusted with this POS company. They don't pay market value and undervalue you as an Engineer. Management genuinely doesn't care about you. You'll see this every 2 weeks when you get your paycheck just how they feel about you. All the Engineers do is complain and look for jobs elsewhere. I don't know anyone who has stayed more than 2 years and most of those people I assume spent that time looking for another job. No incentives to work any harder since there's no such thing as a raise or a pat on the back. The only people getting paid are the Cagnazzis.

Actually pay your Engineers a real salary. Bunch of greedy pigs.

Very good coworkers, good people, horrid upper management

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Presidio full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people you work with on a daily basis are some of the best. All the best qualities you would hope for in a team environment. Decent time off and good benefits.

Cons

The salary is WAY below market. Upper management is not listening or they are blatantly being lied to by middle management. Morale is very low and turnover is extremely high. Certification training is tough to get and those who get it usually leave right after they do, probably because they can get a market rate salary.

Spend a few dollars more to keep your good employees happy or you will keep spending thousands in fees to replace them.