Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "They are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Used to be a great place to work, not so much anymore

ProsThey are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc.

ConsI used to really think Press Ganey was a great place to work, but in recent months my opinion has taken a complete reversal.

This company continues to pile on unnecessary upper level management (all of whom are old friends of the current CEO), while treating its average employee like dirt. If you are considering working here, don't expect to be fairly compensated for your hard work. Merit increases are no longer a given, and, though they claim that you may still be eligible for a merit increase if you score high marks on your annual performance review, this is a blatant lie. Myself and several others with whom I spoke received marks of "Exceeds Expectations" on our performance reviews, yet we received no merit increases. In the past 6 months alone, I worked an average of 60 hours per week, yet I guess that just wasn't good enough. On the same day that they announced the creation of yet ANOTHER upper level management position, the CEO of the company sent out an e-mail explaining to us that only 65 people in the entire company were deemed worthy of a merit increase this year.

They can't afford to give us raises, or to provide us with desperately needed working laptops, but they sure can afford that new manager! I expect a mass exodus soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites with all of your friends and driving this company into the ground. You're ruining what used to be a good company.

Great Company to Work For!

ProsI honestly enjoy working here. Everyone I interact with is friendly, helpful and supportive. I have found the communication coming directly from the CEO very refreshing and you don't find that in many companies. He has clearly communicated the goals of the company and that the success of the company is due to the efforts of every single employee. Within my role, my manager gives positive feedback and lets you know when a job is well done. People need to embrace change, put trust in the leadership team and give 100% every day. I believe 2013 will be a breakout year for Press Ganey.

ConsWhile it would be nice to all be in one location and know our co-workers better, videoconferencing and communicator help out a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

Great Company To Work For!

ProsThe employees are truely invested in the company's success. It is refreshing to work alongside individuals who enjoy coming to work!

ConsWith offices throughut the country, you can work with people from all over and have limited opportunites to connect in person.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate and provide opportunities for feedback.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and great people to work with

ConsCEO changed multiple times over a few year period

Way Ahead of the Market

ProsPress Ganey is by far the leading provider of patient satisfaction and related services. We have deeper benchmarks, better analytics and more advisors working personally with clients than any other player in the market. As far as opportunities, virtually all vendors in the health care industry want to explore ways to work with Press Ganey to better serve providers.

ConsToo many offices and remote locations that prevent greater efficiency. Needs to consolidate offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more resources so we can move quicker.

exciting time to work at Press Ganey

Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPositive and strong leadership
    Great company culture
    Open and honest senior leadership

ConsPress Ganey is in a high growth phase right now, so at times work can be crazy but I know that in the end it is all worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great business with strong history, bright future

Wakefield, MA

ProsPress Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

ConsTo use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!

Physician tool

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsJust saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

ConsNothing really as I think things are going well.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to do more efforts similar to this.

Misleading

EDI Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsI cannot think of any at this time.

ConsManagement has no idea what is going on. Hired as a 6 month consultant to hire, was told 3 weeks in that I will be hired at the end of my contract, then three weeks later they changed their minds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

Many passionate people with entrepreneurial spirit!

South Bend, IN

Prosemployees are passionate about their ability to impact the quality of healthcare, and this resonates throughout the company. There are some of the brightest and innivative minds leading the teams and momentum is positive. This is a fast paced environment where creativity and vision are rewarded. Communication from leaders has never been better!

ConsTravel to South Bend isn't the easiest for the expanding group of employees in other locations, but the establishment of key offices in Chicago and Boston is helping

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 84 reviews posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.