Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "They are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)
    South Bend, IN

ProsGreat people, great product, industry leader

ConsSince new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

Do not like the direction of the company

ProsLaid back work environment and fast paced culture

ConsToo many managers and too few associates

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates more

Disorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home options, business casual dress, decent pay.

ConsAmbiguous job descriptions; unclear roles and responsibilities. Attended a major conference call that was boring and rather quiet. Then, the CTO jumps on the call and it was as if the seas parted and the sun started shining. Everyone and anyone was trying to get their point or feedback in at any cost. Highly political environment. Several groups withhold information in order to keep system knowledge at a minimum, therefore ensuring job security. Leadership runs and hides when things go bad, leaving front line staff to pick up the pieces or clean up the mess left behind. Lots of good employees left the company in my short time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define roles and responsibilities. Figure out what type of company you want to be. Open the lines of communication. Slow the amount of strategic/visionary changes and let your folks run with it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unrealistic expectations

South Bend, IN

ProsStill some flex scheduling/WFH allowed, good people on teams, still some smart people remaining. Can still see a shadow of what the company used to be.

ConsBleeding staff off like crazy, low or non-existent raises, management constantly changing focus and promising clients projects on unrealistic delivery schedules. Always having to compromise product quality to get things done under the gun. Cannot hire new staff to cover attrition, or hiring process moves interminably slow if allowed (rarely).

Advice to Senior ManagementResign.

Great mission. Lousy vision.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are some of the smartest and funniest people I've ever met. Very committed to the job.

ConsVery top heavy. Lousy management. No clear strategic vision. No transparency. Misogyny runs rampant. Employees not valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or develop good management talent. Too often, managers are sharing information inappropriately with subordinates. Managers also play favorites with subordinates who are also friends. There is too much of this going on there, so, those who aren't friends with their managers get the short straw.

Great if you are an executive....

ProsGood experience, I don't do a lot and I get my personal things done.

ConsBad pay,I basically am a high paid nanny, maid.

Mixed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a small company with a tremendous focus on patient/ employee/ physician satisfaction metrics, measurement, reporting, and helping clients scientifically understand their feedback and how to use it to improve.

ConsTurned focus away from measurement; multiple clients and employees have left and continue to search for a company that truly focuses on accurate reporting of experiences. Several new management teams have come in and thrown the company off the rails. So many good people left, and continue to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots - return to your core business.

Disapointing

ProsBenefits, hours flexibility.Able to work remotely.

ConsLack of leadership. Cut throat, cold working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Human.

Unappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are wonderful; lower-level employees really know what teamwork means...

ConsSenior leadership seems so removed from those employees at the bottom.

Was a great company to work for

ProsStill has some great people doing some good things.

ConsVery little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 84 reviews posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.