Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Physician tool

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsJust saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

ConsNothing really as I think things are going well.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to do more efforts similar to this.

exciting time to work at Press Ganey

Director (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsPositive and strong leadership
Great company culture
Open and honest senior leadership

ConsPress Ganey is in a high growth phase right now, so at times work can be crazy but I know that in the end it is all worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great business with strong history, bright future

Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

ProsPress Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

ConsTo use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!

Way Ahead of the Market

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsPress Ganey is by far the leading provider of patient satisfaction and related services. We have deeper benchmarks, better analytics and more advisors working personally with clients than any other player in the market. As far as opportunities, virtually all vendors in the health care industry want to explore ways to work with Press Ganey to better serve providers.

ConsToo many offices and remote locations that prevent greater efficiency. Needs to consolidate offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more resources so we can move quicker.

A leader striving ever higher.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

ProsForward thinking company where innovation and integration are highly praised.
Team environment where individuals are never too busy to teach and often place team goals ahead of individual goals, but even in this setting, individual contributions are well noted and praise given.

ConsWhile teamwork is strong, in my time, there have been no team-building events to further this strength of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is great. New vision and direction to maintain our industry leadership status.

Leading the company to improve healthcare

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt is impressive to work with a company that wants to be a part of the future of healthcare reform. The history of the company is fantastic, and have great opportunities to expand improvement opportunities. Teamwork continues to improve and the groups are beginning to become one.

ConsExpanding to new markets is complicated, and requires team effort. It is important to understand the difficulty in developing new services and gaining adoption by clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has a strong foundation built upon years of work and pride. Don't discount the value of employees that have a great deal of knowledge of the past.

Press Ganey is passionate about helping its client improve the patient experience.

Boston, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSenior leadership at Press Ganey is clearly passionate about ensuring that patients are heard and that the company is headed in a direction that will help health systems improve the patient experience. Press Ganey is the leader in its field and is dedicated to providing the best possible solutions to its clients.

ConsAs the company grows, change is inevitable but the focus on the patient voice and maintaining close relationships with clients remains strong.

Great benefits, great company

Phone Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits - competitive salaries, good employee benefits
Strong culture that values the company's past, present and future
Clear mission, vision and values
Good opportunities for upward mobility

ConsCulture is very collegial but fast-paced, especially in our department
My team's technology and equipment could use upgrading more regularly

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit in person with all departments and all levels within the organization more often

Feeling fulfilled by helping others

Patient Experience Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFrom my earliest memories, I always wanted to work in healthcare. The thought that I would be able to help others during a critical and often difficult period in their life was thrilling to me. Over the years, my career path has meandered a bit, but never far from that early purpose -- helping others with their care. I am proud to have found a home at Press Ganey where I can continue on my personal life mission. The beauty of Press Ganey is that our clients, our company and all of my colleagues are perfectly aligned around a single purpose - helping improve any aspect of the patient experience that is within our control. It is an incredibly rewarding opportunity for me and I know many of my colleagues feel the same fulfillment.

ConsThe cons of Press Ganey is less to do with the comapny and more to do with the industry environment. Healthcare may not be broken, but it isn't perfect and there are many organizations that need significant help improving. And the work is never done. There is always room for improvement - which is good, but sometimes can be frustrating. Overall, pros far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an all staff volunteer day where every person in the company contributes their time and energy to helping a local healthcare facility. It would remind everyone in the company why we exist - to help our clients improve the patient experience.

Best professional experience of my career

I have been working at Press Ganey

ProsThere isn't a better company to work for. The passion, dedication and commitment throughout the company is incredible. Since Pat's arrival last year, Press Ganey has taken tremendous strides in continuing the mission of improving the patient experience.

ConsPress Ganey is on the right track

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.