Press Ganey

Updated December 12, 2014
3.4

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Really is a great company

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey over 10 years, through the ups and downs that all companies have, and I have always been impressed with how our staff bands together and always comes out on top. I feel that Press Ganey has become my second family. I know that people here care about me, and want me to succeed. In my time with PG I have been promoted 5 times, and have been able to grow in my career, and I see I have many more opportunities ahead. Along with being able to grow I am constantly challenged. Every day is different, and I find the change and the challenges thrown my way exciting and makes me look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Like any growing company, we have hurdles to over come and our ups and downs. It is how we handle and get through the hard times that make us successful. I know leadership would like to promote everyone and give everyone an opportunity to grow in their careers, but that takes time.

It is important for front line managers and leaders to promote the culture of PG with their staff. It seems like there are times we are waiting on the CEO, COO to own the culture of PG, and that is not always possible.

Great people!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Supportive team. Driven and motivated individuals.

Cons

Limited upward movement. Lots of remote employees

Career growth. Creating a sense of company culture through engaging remote employees

Investing in the Future.

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

Good

Current Employee - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Decision Analytics and Research in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place for interns. Interns get really project practice and guidance. Team work driven. Open office and people are really nice each other.

Cons

Nothing here! Because I'm just an intern and stayed for like less than 5 months, I don't have much opportunity to get in touch with higher management team.

Making an Impact on Healthcare alongside talented individuals

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Since my first day working at Press Ganey, I've been blown away by the friendliness and dedication of my colleagues. While we have experienced tremendous growth, I continue to come to work excited each day both because of our mission (giving patients a voice in healthcare) and because of the committed and insanely talented people I get to partner with on that mission every day.

Cons

You have to be open to change, and working in a fast-paced environment. Healthcare as an industry is ever changing, and we are trying to stay ahead, so be prepared!

Continue to listen to associates, take the employee feedback seriously, and remain transparent.

A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

An innovative industry leader with ample opportunity to advance

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

***Great company culture (at South Bend headquarters, as well as auxillary offices)
    ***I have been granted numerous opportunities to advance throughout my career at PG
    ***We are by far the industry leader, so there is much pride in working for the best
    ***We are making considerable investment in technology used for internal operations
    ***The benefits are better than those of most employers in the South Bend area
    ***Internal communications have greatly improved over the past few years, and will continue to trend that way.
    ***Our leadership team is very capable and savvy

Cons

***To be successful, you must be willing to work many more than the standard 40 hour work week. However, when you're passionate about the corporate mission, and you know your hard work will be recognized, the benefit is worth the cost.

***Continue the excellent work in representing Press Ganey in the marketplace. When Pat Ryan, Joe Greskoviak, Dr. Lee, and other C-Suite executives visit clients, they put the company's best foot forward and build tremendous credibility and it has amounted to some amazing closed deals. Keep forging onward in the marketplace and we will continue to deliver optimal customer service and operational excellence.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Flexible work hours
    Very little travel
    Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance
    Do not give raises
    Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

WORST PLACE EVER!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can clock in and out on your phone!

Cons

-Management sucks
    -Hours are terrible
    -Pay is horrible
    -No room for growth
    -No communication
    -Worst Work/Life Balance

I have worked in health care for over 15 years, in a clinical setting, outpatient you name it. This company is horrible! C-suite and execs put 4 people's jobs on one employee, they do not communicate changes. RUN FOR THE HILLS!! Do not work here!!!!

Pay us more, do not treat us like garbage!