Press Ganey Reviews

23 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

Do not like the direction of the company

Pros

Laid back work environment and fast paced culture

Cons

Too many managers and too few associates

Advice to Management

Listen to associates more

Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, industry leader

Cons

Since new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are great, the work-life balance is average.

Cons

The management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Call Center

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Management is friendly

Cons

Low pay based and not much room for advancement into new areas of work. Lots of negativity throughout the call center with unappreciated employees. Too focused on quantity and not focused enough on quality.

6. Horrible Senior Management has taken this company from GOOD to AWFUL

Former Employee - Client Improvement in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Client Improvement in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great client base heading for the exits Loyal clients that are becoming fed up

Cons

Service has declined measurably in the last 2 years Client & Employee Satisfaction at all time low No one cares about what employees say - management does not comprehend the business they are in. Only positive review are company written The incredible shrinking company - disliked by too many both clients and employees

Advice to Management

Please leave before its too late! What's your Press Ganey score? The old Press Ganey cannot survive this regime

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits Flexible work hours Very little travel Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance Do not give raises Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

8. There are better companies to find work.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company aims to change healthcare experience Working from home

Cons

Poor management Lack of transparency Sub-par pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Don't make arbitrary decisions about staff. Care about the product and provide necessary support for the teams to do their job effectively. Make sure employees are treated decently. Hard work is not always appreciated by managers. Bonuses are uneven, even when the company is profitable.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Press Ganey. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your ... More

Glass Door Profile has to be Managed Says A Lot

I worked at Press Ganey (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were many great individual who went on to do many great things post Press Ganey. Careers were made both with the organization and outside of the organization.

Cons

Although I had left, once the culture began to head south in terms of employee satisfaction. There has been significant employee turn over in the past 4-5 year. Most of the original employee have left. The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves. The fact that Glass Door reviews needs to be actively managed and most of the reviews that are positive are posted by individuals seeking to increase the Glass Door scores as it was abysmal a few years back.

Advice to Management

Many years ago the culture was a place the fostered growth and was a local company that supported many in the area. It was an extremely profitable organization with a good corporate culture. I am sure it still profitable but the culture died many years ago.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt the company culture has declined. As our company has grown significantly over the last few years, we have experienced a few growing pains. Our ... More

Climbing the Ladder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than any other company I've ever worked for, Press Ganey invests the time and recourses into developing their employees. They find associates who excel in their current positions and cultivate in them a desire to succeed, grow, and assist others in doing the same all while strengthening the already thriving PG image and ever growing client connections.

Cons

There are times when the communication between departments is lacking. This can cause confusion in the correct procedures/protocol and a general distaste between some departments.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible as soon as possible about changes within the company. We've got a lot of great minds working here and not tapping into that potential when it comes to problem solving and future planning can be a great loss.

Good co-workers, benefits provider needs to be reconsidered & culture is in flux

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay, several energized employees throughout, good plan for the future with introduction of technology, great HR team, good co-workers, knowledgeable leadership

Cons

Expectations need to be more realistic, pushed selling technology to existing clients before successful delivery capability, working environment demands 60+ hour work week, created counter productive relationship with industry leaders after adding consulting, difficulty working with health plan provider involving ongoing medical benefits, slow to respond to competition pressure involving significantly lower pricing

Advice to Management

Live the words you speak - Under promise and over deliver & evaluate your benefits provider through employee feedback

RSS Feed </> Embed