Press Ganey Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

PMO

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work that matters: The work I do matters to the growth of the organization and there is tremendous respect and recognition to the work I do. It also adds value from the customer point of view, as the work I do drives the customer deliverable. 2. Innovation: Press Ganey is driving Innovation in the healthcare industry through its thoughtful strategies and expertise. It is always exciting to be working for a company where they value Innovation and spend on Innovation. There is a culture to appreciate new ideas and the management values new approaches and ideas to be successful in this challenging and every changing market. 3. Work-Life Balance: Great company to work for with a good work-life balance. The company is flexible with its work policy and there is no micro-management, and a great deal of trust is shown on the employees.

Cons

Change is constant, and sometimes there is more change than required. But these are growing pains for an organization which is expanding by leaps and bounds.

Advice to Management

1) Don't be so reactive to market. 2) Try to do whatever it takes to keep good talent. 3) Keep doing what you are doing

Jun 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. We'll continue to keep the lines of communication open, especially since we are focused on adapting to the constant changes going on within the industry. I'm happy to hear ... More

2. General

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Committed to improving the patient experience. A lot of expertise within the company.

Cons

Very very long hours. Typically have to deal with work even if you're on vacation.

Advice to Management

Allow all levels of employees to have an uninterrupted vacation to avoid burn out.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. We know everyone deserves a relaxing break after working very hard throughout the year, so we'll continue to identify opportunities for cross-training within departments so ... More

3. On the rise

Current Employee - Manager, IT
    Current Employee - Manager, IT

Pros

Company that is growing - both in market and culturally, lots of opportunities, open leadership, good communication

Cons

Change, change, change. There are many growing pains as the company works to adapt to changes in the market and maintain leadership in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication. Focus on transparency. Invest in your people. Innovation often comes by doing less and trusting your people more.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for writing a review. We'll continue to communicate the company's vision, especially since we continue to adapt to the constant changes going on within the industry. Keep those innovative ... More

The Worst

Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Consultant/Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey (More than a year)

Pros

If you're in a management position, you'll be there forever or as long as you want to be. Still its low pay for management...

Cons

This company is horrible to work for. It was a great environment before Dr.'s Press & Ganey sold it to a corporation. Now its so corporate...the way they treat their employees is horrifying, and they offer very low compensation. Press Ganey Associates is all about the profit margin, not the employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better for God's sake. They're people not robots. Stop dumbing down position titles, so you can save $$ on wages and increase your profit margins. Recognize talent when you see it. Though I don't think you would recognize talent if it hit you in the face. You've got people who've been there for 6+ years with no opportunity to move up, young talented people. The only thing keeping you in business is your benchmarking capability, because at some point you were #1 and you have the book of business. If you keep having account manager turnover, you're going to continue to loose that, and sink. It's only a matter of time unless you get with the program, stop trying to increase profits at all costs and focus on the employees and clients.

6. Awesome Professional Experience

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely strategic company, constantly innovating ideas and products. Clinical leadership is unmatched in the industry. Incredible clients who want to partner to change the patient experience. Best benefits I have had in years. Great, smart people to work with. Love going to work every day!

Cons

I don't have any - I truly enjoy the leaders, clients and my colleagues!

Advice to Management

Keep the great information coming - we are all behind the mission one hundred percent!!

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. It's great to hear your enthusiasm and commitment to our mission. We'll continue to communicate the company's vision to ensure everyone is on the same page and ... More

Lacked Integrity, Middle Managers and Below were awesome, though.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very open culture of sharing best practices, teamwork, and fail/succeed together. No one was ever afraid to ask another team member for help and internal training was excellent. Flexibility in working from home, big budget for making things happen. Well managed at the middle and high-middle levels.

Cons

Senior leadership cut most good efforts off at the knees; did not protect relationship with clients when making business decisions; failed at integrating new companies and products as they were acquired. When the new CEO came on, a mass exodus of employees occurred because the company changed so much for the worse.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership should be willing to spend the dollars it takes to integrate new teams successfully and deliver on the promises they make to customers.

May 19, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. I agree that one of our organization's strengths is our culture of collaboration and education, and we need to ensure we embrace acquired companies and ... More

8. I support the Press Ganey frontline associates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company Senior leadership is very bright, engaged with clients, and understands this industry Client-focused organization Great pay and benefits A lot of reinvestment back into the business to improve client value realization

Cons

We work very hard (long hours and occassional weekends)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Glass Door Profile has to be Managed Says A Lot

I worked at Press Ganey (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were many great individual who went on to do many great things post Press Ganey. Careers were made both with the organization and outside of the organization.

Cons

Although I had left, once the culture began to head south in terms of employee satisfaction. There has been significant employee turn over in the past 4-5 year. Most of the original employee have left. The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves. The fact that Glass Door reviews needs to be actively managed and most of the reviews that are positive are posted by individuals seeking to increase the Glass Door scores as it was abysmal a few years back.

Advice to Management

Many years ago the culture was a place the fostered growth and was a local company that supported many in the area. It was an extremely profitable organization with a good corporate culture. I am sure it still profitable but the culture died many years ago.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt the company culture has declined. As our company has grown significantly over the last few years, we have experienced a few growing pains. Our ... More

10. I've been with Press Ganey since 2000 and it is only my second place of employment. I enjoy the people and the atmospher

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The flexibility and goals surrounding the company.

Cons

There is a lack of togetherness and teamwork but it is something that is being worked towards.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback coming from your employees.

11. There are better companies to find work.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company aims to change healthcare experience Working from home

Cons

Poor management Lack of transparency Sub-par pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Don't make arbitrary decisions about staff. Care about the product and provide necessary support for the teams to do their job effectively. Make sure employees are treated decently. Hard work is not always appreciated by managers. Bonuses are uneven, even when the company is profitable.

Apr 17, 2015 – Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Press Ganey. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed