Press Ganey

Updated December 12, 2014
3.4

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are great, the work-life balance is average.

Cons

The management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Quit.

Overall, satisfied with my experience here.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Tuition Reimbursement. Some what of Flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of communication between lower and upper level employees. Favoritism towards other employees.

Communicate and recognize your employees hard work!

Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, industry leader

Cons

Since new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Stop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.

Rewarding, hard work

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very dedicated to their work and this leads to very accomplished workers who will do all they can to achieve success

Cons

It is a very corporate environment and can sometimes be very hectic and chaotic, not very laid back despite people being able to work from home

Emphasize communication between teams and offices -- lots of people are remote workers or are on the road a lot so it makes it that much more important that everyone communicates with each other

Making a difference in healthcare by leveraging the unique strengths of really great people!

Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The greatest satisfaction comes from knowing you can make a difference. If you have a great idea, you can run with it with blessings and support!

Cons

There are lots of moving parts and it's tough sometimes to see all the inter-related issues and impact of decisions.

Please continue to push the envelope and innovate to better support our clients. Listen to them, respond to them, remember that we all work for them.

A Hot Mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

My experience at Press Ganey has been rewarding and satisfying.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

We generally work with people that want to have a positive influence on healthcare and peoples lives. The pay is good and we get to be creative in how we work with clients and prospects. Leadership communicates well encourages problem solving.

Cons

Integration of firms we've acquired into one cohesive organization seems to be challenge...not sure why.

Continue to enhance online analytics platform without increased pricing.

Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Appreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.

Regional Director

Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best leadership, very well respected by our clients, excellent products and solutions, very satisfied employee.

Cons

Multiple office locations requires greater effort to connect with colleagues