Press Ganey Reviews

Neutral about Account Manager position

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Advice to Management

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

Changing the future of healthcare

Current Intern - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA
    Current Intern - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey does a very good job of making every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. Since joining Press Ganey, I have been able to meet all levels of management to directors all the way to the CEO. Everyone that works at Press Ganey work hard each day in order to help shape the future of the healthcare industry.

Cons

Most people that work at Press Ganey do not spend every day in the office and most employees will work from home, which can give a very empty feeling in the office space.

Advice to Management

In order to create a better office atmosphere weekly office meetings might be helpful. Meetings could have each person in the office share what they are working on. It can be a good way to get people more comfortable with each rather then separated.

Call Center

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Management is friendly

Cons

Low pay based and not much room for advancement into new areas of work. Lots of negativity throughout the call center with unappreciated employees. Too focused on quantity and not focused enough on quality.

Great people to work with and wonderful clients

Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

Cons

Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

Advice to Management

I am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

Instead of Good to Great has gone from Great to Mediocre

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great front line staff; hard working, caring and intelligent. Wonderful CNO - love her focus regarding the importance of nursing on patient satisfaction. Get to work with great hospitals in various places across the nation.

Cons

Sr Management; more interested in promoting "their" way than making sure what is best for the organization. Too many egos. Not trustworthy - will make a decision one day and then reverse it a week later regardless of how it hurts any employees. Used to promote a small sample for surveying as the best methodology - now promote "every patient" as a way to charge more. Have lost a lot of good people which have been replaced by Sr Mgmt cronies.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the welfare of the company, its workers and clients more than your own personal welfare.

Disappointed

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there. People often like the work they do. Their core product is strong. Great clients. Good to average benefits.

Cons

The CEO is on a personal power trip and has surrounded himself with buddies who won't disagree with him. Many bad decisions by C-suite and no accountability. Buying companies without successfully integrating. The culture is going downhill. (Many reviews on Glassdoor are fake and written by marketing to improve ratings)

Advice to Management

Clean house at the top and focus on employees. A service organization is only as strong as its people. Don't ignore the talent drain - invest in employee development and culture, and you can turn things around.

The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are great, the work-life balance is average.

Cons

The management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Overall, satisfied with my experience here.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Tuition Reimbursement. Some what of Flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of communication between lower and upper level employees. Favoritism towards other employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate and recognize your employees hard work!