Press Ganey Reviews

Reset

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits Flexible work hours Very little travel Genuinely good people

Cons

No opportunity to advance Do not give raises Account Management is a dead end job, constant turnover of employees due to low pay

Press Ganey Response

Jan 22, 2015 – VP, Human Resources and Org Development

I’m sorry to hear that you have not yet had an opportunity to advance in your current role. We promoted 19 Account Managers in 2014, both within their functional area and to other positions within ... More

Investing in the Future.

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Press Ganey continues to invest in the future of their products and their people. The 3 million dollar investment in the Operation's facility in South Bend was timely and well received. This new facility gives the Operation's Team plenty of room for growth and the stability of staying in South Bend. The Information Technology Team is continually enhancing our products and introducing new technology to help the Operation's team become more efficient. This is all needed because the Sale's Team continues to win and win big in our space.

Cons

The major hurdles we face are keeping up with the Government mandates on the CAHPS products, while rolling out enhancements for our other products. They are both fighting for the same resources at the same time, which then requires our team to put in long hours to accomplish all tasks. This effort is not always recognized by Senior Leaders.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more resources to our CAHPS effort. This will allow others to concentrate on other parts of our business.

3. Amazing opportunities at an industry thought leader

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Press Ganey are amazing. They are highly motivated, passionate about our clients, and focused on bringing about positive change in the health care industry. The culture promotes teamwork and there is always a positive, highly charged energy in every office.

Cons

The pace of work is very fast, which can prove challenging, as Press Ganey looks to shape the future of the patient experience in health care.

Advice to Management

Associates at all levels have great ideas and varying perspectives. Finding time to talk with individuals across departments and responsibilities can prove insightful and offer a fresh look into the company and our work.

5. A great, innovative company to work for, who puts the patients at the center of the mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our senior executive team is extremely involved with our clients, and they are investing in the right places to ensure that we are positioned at the market leader. Since Pat Ryan has joined Press Ganey, we have solidified our thought leadership, and have clarified our mission - which is to partner with health care organizations to improve the patient experience. The pay is great, the work is meaningful, and we have fun while we are doing it.

Cons

There is a strong focus on the bottom line. We have to justify all expenses - which is a good thing, but it means there is some red tape to jump through.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the clients! Keep listening to the employees!

6. Making an Impact on Healthcare alongside talented individuals

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Since my first day working at Press Ganey, I've been blown away by the friendliness and dedication of my colleagues. While we have experienced tremendous growth, I continue to come to work excited each day both because of our mission (giving patients a voice in healthcare) and because of the committed and insanely talented people I get to partner with on that mission every day.

Cons

You have to be open to change, and working in a fast-paced environment. Healthcare as an industry is ever changing, and we are trying to stay ahead, so be prepared!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to associates, take the employee feedback seriously, and remain transparent.

7. An innovative industry leader with ample opportunity to advance

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

***Great company culture (at South Bend headquarters, as well as auxillary offices) ***I have been granted numerous opportunities to advance throughout my career at PG ***We are by far the industry leader, so there is much pride in working for the best ***We are making considerable investment in technology used for internal operations ***The benefits are better than those of most employers in the South Bend area ***Internal communications have greatly improved over the past few years, and will continue to trend that way. ***Our leadership team is very capable and savvy

Cons

***To be successful, you must be willing to work many more than the standard 40 hour work week. However, when you're passionate about the corporate mission, and you know your hard work will be recognized, the benefit is worth the cost.

Advice to Management

***Continue the excellent work in representing Press Ganey in the marketplace. When Pat Ryan, Joe Greskoviak, Dr. Lee, and other C-Suite executives visit clients, they put the company's best foot forward and build tremendous credibility and it has amounted to some amazing closed deals. Keep forging onward in the marketplace and we will continue to deliver optimal customer service and operational excellence.

Not Impressed

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great group of people working as Account Managers, and the work done to improve patient satisfaction in the health care industry is rewarding. If you are going to work for Press Ganey the best area to get into is Patient Experience Advising role. The position has a lot of freedom. They give you a laptop and a book of business to manage/consult. The people who work on the Advising team are very much people oriented and all have bright personalities. The position is primarily remote work, so you can work from home. Great job!

Cons

Management lacks the ability to recognize talent and the company is leaning toward hiring upper level positions from outside the company instead of promoting within. The seek to keep highly qualified people in the lowest possible position they can talk the person into accepting, then keep them there and use their talents at the lower pay rate. When this company started, it was a great company. Roughly 6 years ago, the founders Dr.'s Press & Ganey (former professors of the University of Notre Dame) sold the company off and the purchasers sought to make the culture very corporate, they succeeded, but to the detriment of employee satisfaction. People fill out employee satisfaction surveys each year, but are afraid to list anything negative on the surveys, because they are "confidential but not anonymous" meaning they each have a bar-code attached that is registered to the employees name. The company has a name for discharging those who lower the employee satisfaction scores.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent when you have it & don't micromanage folks. Add some variety into the Account Management position. Press Ganey took variety away from Consultants when they transitioned into a split model with Account Managers, Advisors, and Sales Executives. Also, the building account managers sit in is windowless (except for managers who have offices lining the outside windows). I would suggest allowing some natural light into overcrowded work areas, so the moral may improve some. Lack of natural light makes people depressed and this is an obvious problem for employees at Press Ganey in South Bend, IN.

Press Ganey Response

Dec 1, 2014 – Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that Press Ganey wasn’t the right fit for you. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your review ... More

9. Exciting time to work for an industry leader

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly motivated associates who care about each other and the work they're doing every day. Opportunity to be involved with challenging, innovative initiatives. Leadership makes a real effort to be transparent and communicate changes. Excellent benefits.

Cons

In the past there have been limited opportunities (at least in my department) for training and professional development. I think that has started to change the second half of this year and I'd like to see continued focus on this area - internal and external learning opportunities for all associates

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you've focused on this year - listening to associate feedback and making changes, recognizing accomplishments and communicating our progress today and our vision for tomorrow.

Neutral about Account Manager position

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Advice to Management

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

RSS Feed </> Embed