Press Ganey Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014
3.1

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Once an enjoyable workplace has become not so enjoyable after all

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

co-workers and middle management are very supportive

Cons

New senior leadership has brought an east-coast attitude to business to midwest family life - the two are like oil and water. Some of us are now expected to be on call 24/7 and in the office until west coast business hours end....which is past dinner time for our families - for those of us with college degrees it shouldn't be a surprise that we are dissatisfied with being expected to work retail hours like this. No more bonuses and funds for celebrations have been given away to unfamiliar charities. Not cool.

You may not think that the satisfaction of employees is important and that you can just hire more people to replace those who have left, but all of our data we've collected for our clients says a high turnover and dissatisfied employees equal dissatisfied clients and decreased revenue...perhaps we need to practice what we preach?

Good plan, poor execution and disconnected leadership

Current Employee - Improvement Manager
    Current Employee - Improvement Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at Press Ganey truly cares about making healthcare better. They are the best at what they do and have been doing it for 25+ years. The employees are (or were) passionate about what they do when not fearing for their jobs. People subscribe to the work hard play hard mentality and have fun with the people around them. I absolutely love visiting clients and help them give better care.

Cons

3 New CEOs and Executive teams in 4 years, each progressively worse. Each new team comes in with a "ground breaking" plan and then replaces the employees with those who they worked with in the past (truth be told, like any other corporation). We now have more Vice Presidents than one can count and not enough people to do the job. A constant revolving door where employees work in fear of losing their job with No bonuses. No one questions a decision because they are afraid they will be replaced, but we somehow are supposed to think innovatively.

Our core business is satisfaction surveys but we haven't had an employee survey in 2 years, I assume because leadership either knows how unhappy people are or that ignorant they think we are satisfied (and exactly why I am posting on here).

Since I started its a completely different place.

People will accept change if it makes sense, just be more gradual. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel and listen to the little guy every once in awhile. Go back to listening to customers and quit replacing good people with "your guys" as you've labeled them. Our people and customers will gladly tell you what you want to know, just listen to their needs.

Good co-workers, benefits provider needs to be reconsidered & culture is in flux

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent base pay, several energized employees throughout, good plan for the future with introduction of technology, great HR team, good co-workers, knowledgeable leadership

Cons

Expectations need to be more realistic, pushed selling technology to existing clients before successful delivery capability, working environment demands 60+ hour work week, created counter productive relationship with industry leaders after adding consulting, difficulty working with health plan provider involving ongoing medical benefits, slow to respond to competition pressure involving significantly lower pricing

Live the words you speak - Under promise and over deliver & evaluate your benefits provider through employee feedback

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Instead of Good to Great has gone from Great to Mediocre

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great front line staff; hard working, caring and intelligent. Wonderful CNO - love her focus regarding the importance of nursing on patient satisfaction. Get to work with great hospitals in various places across the nation.

Cons

Sr Management; more interested in promoting "their" way than making sure what is best for the organization. Too many egos. Not trustworthy - will make a decision one day and then reverse it a week later regardless of how it hurts any employees. Used to promote a small sample for surveying as the best methodology - now promote "every patient" as a way to charge more. Have lost a lot of good people which have been replaced by Sr Mgmt cronies.

Start thinking about the welfare of the company, its workers and clients more than your own personal welfare.

Disappointed

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there. People often like the work they do. Their core product is strong. Great clients. Good to average benefits.

Cons

The CEO is on a personal power trip and has surrounded himself with buddies who won't disagree with him. Many bad decisions by C-suite and no accountability. Buying companies without successfully integrating. The culture is going downhill. (Many reviews on Glassdoor are fake and written by marketing to improve ratings)

Clean house at the top and focus on employees. A service organization is only as strong as its people. Don't ignore the talent drain - invest in employee development and culture, and you can turn things around.

A Hot Mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some departments/teams are quite flexible and reasonable about work life balance, including working from home when needed.

Cons

Some departments/teams have a culture of constant chaos, tension and pressure.

The company's new executive team(s) over the past few years have made it very clear that they are not interested in investment or retention of staff level employees. Overall, the morale in my department has improved a bit but remains low.

The company is extremely top-heavy with many executives paid highly to make the important decisions (or, more accurately, to argue with each other over decisions that never get made, or get made only to be reversed within months) and not enough staff to complete work. Executives are out of touch with the actual work going on at any given time.

Loss of mission, vision and values is damaging those that matter most - the customers (external/internal).

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Casual work environment with benefits (vacation time/insurance). Friendly, educated and helpful co-workers willing to help with tasks. Discount toward gym membership to improve employee fitness/wellness.

Cons

Major disconnect between employees and leadership. Lack of resources and staff to adequately serve the customers. Promotions, if they happen, are rare and typically occur at senior manager/executive level. Huge employee turnover throughout 2013.

Lessons are repeated until they are learned...listen to your employees and implement improvements quickly.

Formerly fantastic currently awful

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co workers, the original mission of the company, the healthcare industry,

Cons

management is extremely arrogant with no results that would justify arrogance, A exemplary culture focused on accountability, mutual respect, customer focused, and employee driven has been destroyed. It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut

Please resign

Great colleagues, incompetent upper management

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Fellow colleagues are very supportive. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Upper management asks for constant feedback about work conditions and never seem to do anything about it. It's like talking to a wall.

Please stop putting the cart before the horse. Have a set timeline for employees with respect to internal improvements. After years of hearing "we're working on it," people become disheartened.

The company started out great, has become greedy and not employee oriented

Former Employee - Comment Processor
    Former Employee - Comment Processor

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Insurance benefits were really good at the time. Well as long as it wasn't for a family, but for a single person, however the opportunity for different types of benefits was good.

Cons

No job security, constant scrutiny, they are money oriented for the higher ups in the company, not employee oriented, constant pressure, crazy expectations, knowledge of being fired at any moment for no reason.

Go back to how the company was run when Dr. Hall was there, it has gone down since him leaving.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!