Press Ganey Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
3.1

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• Still has some great people doing some good things (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Flexible and forward thinking - constantly changing and challenging employees to go above and beyond.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career development, opportunities for professional growth, teamwork, flexibility, good leadership, thought provoking

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work surpasses the amount of resources that we have.

Appreciate employees at all levels as much as possible.

Really Good Team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This team is very close knit and works hard. I can rely on my colleagues to get things done and we all have a lot of pride in what we do.

The direction of the company is pretty compelling. No one else can do what Press Ganey can today, so I'm proud to work on something really different.

Compensation is good - and there is still a 401k match! (which no one has anymore).

Cons

There's a lot of volume and you have to sort out how and where you are going to spend your time. It's constant prioritizing so you don't get overwhelmed. Not so balanced...

I think it's the same everywhere. But we have a solid company, so it makes it worth the effort.

Lot's of work to come but a bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has struggled in the past, but it very much seems to be on the rise. The work environment is casual and my co-workers are friendly and intelligent. There was a management change two years ago and its revitalized a spirit of creativity and new ideas.

Cons

There has been some major changes in the past two years, there is no doubt it has turned the company around. It has however made a few employees a little uncomfortable and resulted in some jumping ship. This has presented a great opportunities to those who stick around to show some initiative but has increased to over all work load.

Do what you can to put employees at ease and get them them behind these changes. The ship is going in the right direction, it just needs the crew to be excited about the course to really pick up speed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed

Former Employee - Comment Processor  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Comment Processor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Used to be a great family atmosphere

Cons

No longer interested in employee retention or ideas

Listen to those other than just Mgmt.

Sticking to a great mission

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros

Press Ganey is truly focused on improving the patient experience. Few organizations have the data and front line team to make such a great impact in an important area. There are many great individuals at the company that work hard to achieve the mission and truly care about each other. As an employee, you feel like you can express and implement your ideas without too much red tape.

Cons

Leadership has a tough job staying on top of the market and figuring out where we need to expand to stay competitive. There is a lot of change, which is always difficult. A lot of the employees work remotely, which improves work/life balance but makes it hard to feel daily support from colleagues or simply brainstorm ideas.

Focus on empowering individuals and teams to lead the change that needs to happen. Take a close look at the HR department and recruiting strategy or it will be tough to keep a competitive workforce.

You need to be an entrepreneur

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. if you have a great idea and share it - you can make it a reality
    2. We now have the right senior leadership - with Dr. Lee - to articulate our true mission
    3. Quality of life - working virtually ensures it

Cons

1. Yes - you must work hard. You had better care about the patient experience. If you do not - this will not be a fit for you.
    2. You must be patient. Our corporate culture is growing - getting better every day. We are not there yet - and you will be happier here if you can take a longer-term view.
    3. Most people on either coast take a pay cut for quality of life.

1. Make yourself accessible.
    2. Stop promoting family members - or at least give others an equal opportunity at those newly-created positions.

Great people

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great product and great people to work with

Cons

CEO changed multiple times over a few year period

Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Talented and committed employees, growth opportunities, industry leader, excellent mission.

Cons

We've experienced three executive teams in the past two year, each with their own business model and leadership style. However, there has been stability in the past year and a strong focus on innovation and growth.

Take time to hear employees; take action on issues identified in the employee survey. Provide clear mission and vision to align the company and engage employees.

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Clerk  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Clerk in South Bend, IN

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros

management was helpful (as a new employee) to show how to do things, very appreciative of your work. Good pay, benefits ok.

Cons

Could of had more training, employee I was replacing really did not want to show me much about the job.

Great company to work for.

I worked at Press Ganey

Pros

Great professional opportunities in patient satisfaction.

Cons

Travel can be a bit much.

Press Ganey Photos

Wakefield Office Building
Wakefield Elevators
Wakefield Balcony to Lobby

+ Add Photo

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!