Press Ganey Reviews

Updated April 17, 2015
112 reviews filtered by

Not fair accross the board

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility is great! Great co-workers th a t willing to help. Casual dress code.

Cons

A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work. Inequality within same departments, promotions are not based on anything concrete nor hard work.

Bunch of Monkeys

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is simply nothing. Hope this helps job seekers.

Cons

As you might have guessed from the title bunch of monkeys try to run the show. You will find no trust, no leadership, no commitments but you will find lot of headache for free. Sincere advice is don't trust these idiots.

Advice to Management

Keep on dancing Monkeys. No body is going to trust you.

CEO and pals haves killed the company

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing.

Cons

This CEO has brought in friends and family and has done literally nothing in the past year to deliver on the changes he spoke of. He has crushed the culture and created a terrible place to work where people are constantly looking over their shoulder in fear of losing their job.

Advice to Management

Leave.

Absolutely terrible, worst placed I've EVER worked.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent - but this is expressly a deceptive technique.

Cons

There is a lot of initial noise about how great the company culture is and how much they care and take care of their employees. Managers spend a lot of time convincing you there is an open door policy and that they will advocate for you. A lot of promises of upward mobility. This is NOT TRUE. They will throw you under the bus the second they perceive it could possibly be beneficial to them. Managers are two-faced and vindictive, do not offer resources or help when merited. "Upward mobility" is a joke. They do not seriously consider internal applicants. Management is often unqualified and perform poorly; they are not held accountable for errors and complaints are not taken seriously and rarely, if ever, followed through on and often result in punitive actions.

Lower level employees are treated as expendable and an embarrassment - they are relegated to a separate building and apparently new-hires are mandated to telecommute, which the company treats as a "great privilege" when in reality, they don't want to expand office space or expend the resources to accommodate, which is hypocritical since their whole business model is veiled in this "advocate for the little guy" rhetoric.

If you are thinking about working here, consider your motivations, and focus your efforts somewhere else.

too bad the PR doesn't match the reality

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In a difficult job market, any job can be a good thing. There is an attempt to be competitive on pay and benefits. Experience here can help you move on to your next position while PG still has a good reputation in the industry.

Cons

Bloated and ineffective senior management and too few people to do work. We have more "C" level execs than I have ever seen in a company this size. If you have not worked with the current CEO at his prior positions, you are not going to be taken seriously no matter your experience or abilities. New initiatives are poorly planned and executed, and we expend huge efforts trying to make these initiatives work after initial failures. If you are reading positive reviews of this company, you are reading scripted responses from CEO's new team who seem concerned about perception than reality.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing high paid friends and cronies on board while telling departments with severe staff shortages to "make do". Whether or not you hear comments about this - employees see and recognize this is happening.

A poorly executed good idea doesn't differ much from a bad idea in practice. Execution of plans is as important as anything else - stop developing and trying to implement new initiatives until you can figure out how to execute better.

Unappreciated

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are wonderful; lower-level employees really know what teamwork means...

Cons

Senior leadership seems so removed from those employees at the bottom.

Run into the ground

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Advice to Management

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

Very satisfied with my experience at PG

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Advice to Management

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.

Used to be a great place to work, not so much anymore

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc.

Cons

I used to really think Press Ganey was a great place to work, but in recent months my opinion has taken a complete reversal.

This company continues to pile on unnecessary upper level management (all of whom are old friends of the current CEO), while treating its average employee like dirt. If you are considering working here, don't expect to be fairly compensated for your hard work. Merit increases are no longer a given, and, though they claim that you may still be eligible for a merit increase if you score high marks on your annual performance review, this is a blatant lie. Myself and several others with whom I spoke received marks of "Exceeds Expectations" on our performance reviews, yet we received no merit increases. In the past 6 months alone, I worked an average of 60 hours per week, yet I guess that just wasn't good enough. On the same day that they announced the creation of yet ANOTHER upper level management position, the CEO of the company sent out an e-mail explaining to us that only 65 people in the entire company were deemed worthy of a merit increase this year.

They can't afford to give us raises, or to provide us with desperately needed working laptops, but they sure can afford that new manager! I expect a mass exodus soon.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with all of your friends and driving this company into the ground. You're ruining what used to be a good company.

Was a great company to work for

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Still has some great people doing some good things.

Cons

Very little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Advice to Management

Don't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.