Press Ganey

Updated December 12, 2014
3.4

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Run into the ground

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

Very satisfied with my experience at PG

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers
    Fun and challenging work - on a brand-new team, creating a brand-new product from the ground-up
    Big impact - we were a small team so the work I was involved with had big impact to the company.

Cons

I don't really have too many cons. After our successful delivery of the product I was working on, management moved us to a new project and kept changing focus. Finally, after floundering around for a bit, I was unhappy with the direction of the company and left.

Focus - don't always go the way the wind is blowing.

Used to be a great place to work, not so much anymore

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are very flexible with your schedule - letting you work from home, flex hours, etc.

Cons

I used to really think Press Ganey was a great place to work, but in recent months my opinion has taken a complete reversal.

This company continues to pile on unnecessary upper level management (all of whom are old friends of the current CEO), while treating its average employee like dirt. If you are considering working here, don't expect to be fairly compensated for your hard work. Merit increases are no longer a given, and, though they claim that you may still be eligible for a merit increase if you score high marks on your annual performance review, this is a blatant lie. Myself and several others with whom I spoke received marks of "Exceeds Expectations" on our performance reviews, yet we received no merit increases. In the past 6 months alone, I worked an average of 60 hours per week, yet I guess that just wasn't good enough. On the same day that they announced the creation of yet ANOTHER upper level management position, the CEO of the company sent out an e-mail explaining to us that only 65 people in the entire company were deemed worthy of a merit increase this year.

They can't afford to give us raises, or to provide us with desperately needed working laptops, but they sure can afford that new manager! I expect a mass exodus soon.

Stop playing favorites with all of your friends and driving this company into the ground. You're ruining what used to be a good company.

Was a great company to work for

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Still has some great people doing some good things.

Cons

Very little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Don't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.

The Iron Triangle

Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

Misleading

Former Employee - EDI Specialist
    Former Employee - EDI Specialist

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of any at this time.

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on. Hired as a 6 month consultant to hire, was told 3 weeks in that I will be hired at the end of my contract, then three weeks later they changed their minds.

Get a clue.

Great Company To Work For!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The employees are truely invested in the company's success. It is refreshing to work alongside individuals who enjoy coming to work!

Cons

With offices throughut the country, you can work with people from all over and have limited opportunites to connect in person.

Continue to communicate and provide opportunities for feedback.

Great people

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great product and great people to work with

Cons

CEO changed multiple times over a few year period

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I honestly enjoy working here. Everyone I interact with is friendly, helpful and supportive. I have found the communication coming directly from the CEO very refreshing and you don't find that in many companies. He has clearly communicated the goals of the company and that the success of the company is due to the efforts of every single employee. Within my role, my manager gives positive feedback and lets you know when a job is well done. People need to embrace change, put trust in the leadership team and give 100% every day. I believe 2013 will be a breakout year for Press Ganey.

Cons

While it would be nice to all be in one location and know our co-workers better, videoconferencing and communicator help out a bit.

Keep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

Physician tool

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Just saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

Cons

Nothing really as I think things are going well.

Look to do more efforts similar to this.