Press Ganey Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
109 reviews filtered by

1. Way Ahead of the Market

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey is by far the leading provider of patient satisfaction and related services. We have deeper benchmarks, better analytics and more advisors working personally with clients than any other player in the market. As far as opportunities, virtually all vendors in the health care industry want to explore ways to work with Press Ganey to better serve providers.

Cons

Too many offices and remote locations that prevent greater efficiency. Needs to consolidate offices.

Invest in more resources so we can move quicker.

2. exciting time to work at Press Ganey

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive and strong leadership
    Great company culture
    Open and honest senior leadership

Cons

Press Ganey is in a high growth phase right now, so at times work can be crazy but I know that in the end it is all worth it.

Keep up the good work!

3. Great business with strong history, bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience. While improvement has become a buzz word in the industry, Press Ganey has long been committed to this issue and it is the core essence of the business and mission of its team. The company is equally committed to looking for new ways to improve the patient experience in the 21st century by supporting its clients with new products, services and solutions. The vibe internally and externally is that Press Ganey is poised to continue being the industry leader and will continue to make a positive impact on health care for years to come.

Cons

To use a sports analogy, Press Ganey needs to ignore the "noise" -- those out there who say it can't, shouldn't, doesn't or won't. It can be distracting when people -- competitors or other naysayers -- espouse negative statements about your mission and purpose, but Press Ganey must not let this be a distraction.

Continue staying positive and encouraging all employees to reach greatness!

5. Physician tool

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Just saw a demo of Press Ganey's new physician survey tool -- looks great and innovative. I like the crispness of the presentation. I think this will position us well in the marketplace.

Cons

Nothing really as I think things are going well.

Look to do more efforts similar to this.

Misleading

Former Employee - EDI Specialist
    Former Employee - EDI Specialist

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any at this time.

Cons

Management has no idea what is going on. Hired as a 6 month consultant to hire, was told 3 weeks in that I will be hired at the end of my contract, then three weeks later they changed their minds.

Get a clue.

Strong on cultural commitment thru Sr. Management not dedicated to employees or improving product reliability

Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The organization is a highly influential industry competitor, and directly helps the South Bend community with a cultural commitment and focus that is unsurpassed. This is a direct result of operational efforts to improve brand reliability.

Cons

Sr. Management overlooks the leadership qualities and capabilities in employees and prefers to bring in outside leadership rather than provide opportunities for internal staffers. More importantly, leadership is quick to downgrade top executives in favor of outside management as a result of an ineffective belief that such tactics might improve the organization's diminishing credibility in their industry. For instance, replacing the COO was a horrible and damaging business decision. The organization's "good 'ol boy" mentality is the only reason the previous COO was not terminated - it was obvious that operations was failing under inneffective leadership sowed with distrust, and misalignment to clearly established company goals and values - but instead a new COO was brought in (instead of brought up from internally) to "fix" the damages, and the previous COO was promoted to President of Operations.

Prospective employees are shown smoke and mirrors to establish that the organization cares for its employees with a deep commitment and likewise is extremely customer focused to the point that clients always talk to a live person when they call the company rather than talk to an automation system. On the surface this seems like the perfect type of company to work for - family centric, employee driven, customer focused - except - behind the smoke and mirrors is a close-minded, distrustful, stagnant, and transactional autocratic leadership where leaders rule by fear and consequences.

Employees cannot express concerns with leadership without fear of serious reprecussions including immediate termination, which is just another fear tactic to help ensure that internal operations runs smoothly and successfully.

Trust in your own employees and cease the practice of bringing in outside leadership as a perceived solution at solving inefficiencies in management - especially when you've tried and failed at bringing in multiple outside leadership multiple times in a short period of time, none of which has been effective!

Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance team.. Best Contract team I have ever worked with- they are tireless and meticiulous. Very responsive Account Management team.

Cons

This company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails that every employee is on- is ridiculous- way too much unnecessary information on a continuous basis -with no strategy or thought to make changes. If you encourage change- you are frowned upon for speaking up.

Upper management is the problem here -from Sr. VP down to VP. A different approach or change is discouraged in this company. This management style and culture would work better in a repetitive environment- such as a factory or assembly line- but a challenge a market where the competition is far more innovative and streamlined than PG.

Marketing and Product Management - no changes in messaging or product ingeunity . Total lack of creativity. In more than 18 mos- 1 new feature- Quick Reports- that was a tiny improvement in the solution- Too much data, too little openness to change or streamlining- and sales leadreship churns through new business sales on a regular basis, (people are not aware they are gone for months.) As a result, ZERO sales growth and competition is eating away at the PG market share- ( PG's pride and joy.).

Many of us had high hopes for Pat Ryan and his new managment team to bring change. Pat Ryan is personable, charasmitic, intersting person. Unfortunately, he is one person who can't change the biggest challenge of all- Press Ganey internal team who have been there far too long and think continue the way we have always worked and everything will be fine. In this changing market- this lack of foresigth and vision will continue to erode PG's business. And no amount of analytics, 300 page reports, or PhD statisticians will be able to fix this slow moving, red -tape company. They are their own worst enemy.

Advice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity won't be able to change the "Stepford" mentality (responding to clients, product, and sales the same way we have always done.) and lackluster performance until an overhaul of internal change is done. If factory, assembly-line mentality work is for you with tons of emails to always read- this is the place !

9. Many passionate people with entrepreneurial spirit!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than a year)

Pros

employees are passionate about their ability to impact the quality of healthcare, and this resonates throughout the company. There are some of the brightest and innivative minds leading the teams and momentum is positive. This is a fast paced environment where creativity and vision are rewarded. Communication from leaders has never been better!

Cons

Travel to South Bend isn't the easiest for the expanding group of employees in other locations, but the establishment of key offices in Chicago and Boston is helping

The worst professional experience of my life!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has some excellent employees at the ground level.

Cons

There is massive turmoil and backstabbing at the middle management level, the senior managers are inexperienced and in over their heads, and the executives have their heads so far in the clouds that they can't see what is really going on.

From my individual perspective, the workload is unbearable. People keep quitting the company and they are not replaced, so their job responsibilities fall on other already overworked people. When I asked for help, I was told to "work more hours." When I demonstrated that I was already working 60+ hours per week, I was told to "work more efficiently." I'm doing the work of 2.5 people in 60 hours, so I'm already extremely efficient!

The company seems top-heavy with management; for example, there are at least 5 layers of management between the average worker and the executives in a < 1,000 person company.

Salaries are on the low-end of acceptable and the fringe benefits are Spartan. The health care coverage is abysmal, which is ironic because Press Ganey purports to be a leader in the health care industry.

Interview some of your ground level employees. Realize that the middle management turmoil is

11. Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Talented and committed employees, growth opportunities, industry leader, excellent mission.

Cons

We've experienced three executive teams in the past two year, each with their own business model and leadership style. However, there has been stability in the past year and a strong focus on innovation and growth.

Take time to hear employees; take action on issues identified in the employee survey. Provide clear mission and vision to align the company and engage employees.