Press-One

Updated Nov 23, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Orr

Send me back to California!

Membership Service Representative (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company sent me and some coworkers to Southern California for a couple of days. We met with the executives from our client. Our manager took us to the beach, a hockey game and famous California restaurants. I liked California and our clients were really nice. It was a good experience. The job pays okay and has very flexible hours. I like the account that I work on. My team is pretty motivated to help our customers. They have awesome service to their customers. I think Press-One tries.

ConsParking. Some teams are better to work on than others. I am lucky to be on this team. They took away the debit card. I would like that to come back. I used it every week. We try to help customers but some people could be a lot nicer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote me and send me to California more!! I like Brittany and Emma and Ben as my managers. They're nice people. We

I Suppose It's Better Than Sending These Jobs To Asia

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One part-time for more than a year

ProsWeekly paycheck and okay communication with my supervisor via the e-mail system - the debit card advance system is cool my old employer was every two weeks and no way to get cash between paychecks. it's nice that they have a system that lets me get some of my money when I need it rather than wait for the payroll department. They promote from within but I don't know if I like the people they promote LOL! . Most of these types of jobs have gone to India or Philippines so there's probably not a lot of extra earning potential in call centers but they pay better than the other call center in town and much more than fast food or other entry level jobs.

ConsLots of weekends and early mornings - but that keeps me from partying too much! My next job will not start before 8 a.m. - which will seem like noon compared to this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let anonymous people write reviews. LOL!

A pay check, nothing more.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One part-time for less than a year

ProsA pay check, nothing more. Work on a variety of "campaigns". Variety of people. Nothing really much more than that.

ConsThey will work you to death, and make any bonus hard to get with ridiculous ever changing requirements. This is how they keep from paying the bonuses they advertise to get you in the door. They have a high turn over rate due to this. And you are a body to them, not a person.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people better. Don't have such ridiculous requirements that can't be met. And I'm gone first chance I get a better job.

Pleasantly Surprised To Find It A Nice Place To Work

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One full-time

ProsI was very hesitant to take this job as I had a prejudice about customer service call centers. But, i had to get a job and as it turns out, it's been pretty good. I like the people I work with and quite a few seem to have been there for a pretty long time. They keep the place clean and it's a great location in Old Town. The best part is the Press-One Visa debit card they give to employees. I would say the pay is pretty good for a customer service job - not great but good. It's a pretty low stress job but sometimes you get a rude customer or a problem you can't fix without getting a hold of the client. I pretty much get the hours I need but could do with less weekends. Oh well.

ConsSometimes you have to wait for the Snowfly system to work to get cash on the Visa card. They make me take an unpaid lunch break. I would like to work thru lunch and get done quicker. I don't always agree with my QA scores. They could do better at scoring calls. Some of the problems with the deliveries take too long to get fixed. I've had customers call me days in a row who still can't get their paper. The call control rules are a little rigid.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that some calls take longer than others and that some of us need to have our Snowfly points in order to eat or get gas in the car that day.

Good opportunity to move up, excellent job for a CSU student looking for a flexible schedule and decent pay.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press-One

ProsOverall Press-One has allowed me to move up to a Operations position within the company. I moved up fast and they presented me with a lot of opportunities and experience in management.

ConsIn my position I am expected to do about 5 jobs at once and it is often times overwhelming. I wish there was more management support for operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive call center operations more help.

decent place to work as a student at CSU

Call Center Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Press-One

ProsFlexible scheduling, ability to earn a large paycheck, you work in downtown fort collins which is amazing. work hard and show up and you can advance.

Conslittle to no benefits, paychecks could be 1000 one week and 300 the next. Very little possibility to earn much beyond 30-40k. and it's telemarketing.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing, sound business plan, and keep adapting to the changing landscape. More could be done to retain top talent.

Good of Bad Depending On What You're Looking For

Call Center Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Press-One

ProsIf you need a job to get through school or to take while looking for a new one, this is a good place. The bonus structure is decent and the flexibility in scheduling is unparalleled.

ConsThey throw you on the phones with minimal training. You're left to sink or swim. For a company that's built on customer service, some of its managers have poor interpersonal communication skills. Expect to learn your job on your own with little help from the supervisors.

Ultimately, customer service is an unpleasant job that grows old, fast. There's not much the management or company can do to change this fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the time to give new hires thorough (paid) training before they're actually on the phones talking to people. Stop forcing people to "wing it" on campaigns they aren't prepared for.

Worked for Press-One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press-One reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press-One CEO Andy Orr. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Press-One employees.