Press-One Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.8
Andy Orr

1. Good opportunity to move up, excellent job for a CSU student looking for a flexible schedule and decent pay.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One

Pros

Overall Press-One has allowed me to move up to a Operations position within the company. I moved up fast and they presented me with a lot of opportunities and experience in management.

Cons

In my position I am expected to do about 5 jobs at once and it is often times overwhelming. I wish there was more management support for operations.

Give call center operations more help.

2. A pay check, nothing more.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A pay check, nothing more. Work on a variety of "campaigns". Variety of people. Nothing really much more than that.

Cons

They will work you to death, and make any bonus hard to get with ridiculous ever changing requirements. This is how they keep from paying the bonuses they advertise to get you in the door. They have a high turn over rate due to this. And you are a body to them, not a person.

Treat people better. Don't have such ridiculous requirements that can't be met. And I'm gone first chance I get a better job.

3. decent place to work as a student at CSU

Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Call Center Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Press-One

Pros

Flexible scheduling, ability to earn a large paycheck, you work in downtown fort collins which is amazing. work hard and show up and you can advance.

Cons

little to no benefits, paychecks could be 1000 one week and 300 the next. Very little possibility to earn much beyond 30-40k. and it's telemarketing.

keep doing what you're doing, sound business plan, and keep adapting to the changing landscape. More could be done to retain top talent.

5. Good of Bad Depending On What You're Looking For

Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Press-One

Pros

If you need a job to get through school or to take while looking for a new one, this is a good place. The bonus structure is decent and the flexibility in scheduling is unparalleled.

Cons

They throw you on the phones with minimal training. You're left to sink or swim. For a company that's built on customer service, some of its managers have poor interpersonal communication skills. Expect to learn your job on your own with little help from the supervisors.

Ultimately, customer service is an unpleasant job that grows old, fast. There's not much the management or company can do to change this fact.

Spend the time to give new hires thorough (paid) training before they're actually on the phones talking to people. Stop forcing people to "wing it" on campaigns they aren't prepared for.