Prestera Center for mental health

Add Photos

Karen Yost

Only been here for 7 months so far I really like it

BRS (Current Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsEasy, interesting and fun. Learn alot from the clients and the other staff. Everyone seems to get along and there is a lot of support from each other

ConsNeed more staff for all the homes so that staff are not spread too thin and have to work so much overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher wages especially for AMAP you will keep good quality people longer if the wages were more livable. People cannot support their families and afford the insurance at $8.00an hour

worked overtime everyday to keep up with documentation without compensation or acknowledgement

Coordinator (Former Employee) Madison, WV

Prosco workers are fantastic, free parking

Consno training, expected to fraud medicaid, long hours with no OT pay, no management support, treated patients poorly

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all management and start over with leaders who respect employees and arent out for just money and not the patients. Respect mental health/MR?substance abuse patients and their well being and not billing their visits just to increase revenue. Listen and spend time with patients before diagnosing. Quit pushing medicine on patients and try and provide support in other ways.

Case Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Co-workers when I was able to get to know them.

ConsDue to turnover, the team was in constant transition so no solid teamwork was developed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

feel under appreciated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charleston, WV

ProsThe best reasons are the patients, thats what make it all worth wild. There are some decicated people who work for prestera and putting the patient first and taking care of their needs is what important!

ConsCharleston is still considered a step child to the Huntington office if things are not done like they are in Huntington then its not done right.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employee's

I enjoy my job at Prestera Center.

ProsFulfillment in knowing that, by what you do, you are making a difference in someone's life, staff and Coworker support and an excellent benefits package.

ConsDisappointment in knowing that you can only offer help and pray that those to whom you are offering choose to accept it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo those in leadership at Prestera Center for Mental Health: Please keep up the difficult, yet great, work that you do!

Stressful

ProsHelping children and families in need and make difference in their life.

ConsVERY Poor management and very inconsiderate of clients and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop thinking about money and shove kids; It's like a day care when 13 children are in group therapy. Hardly can do things. They also complain about having too many peers in a small group therapy room, as well as that they don't get too see their therapist as often as they need because of so many in a group and one therapist just cannot keep up with.

Worked for Prestera Center for mental health? Contribute to the Community!