Preston Marketing Concepts

Add Photos

Karyne Bazzano

Good college money

Promotional Model (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsMake your own hours, schedule and have fun while working

ConsThe areas were sometimes not nice. Preston also revamped and cut everyone's pay and said we all had to work a certain number of hours if we wanted to earn our original rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecent management- told us what to do and gave me space to do it.

Gave me the authority to run the business as if it were my own, setting your own pace, to gauge my productivity.

Promotional Sales Model Coordinator/Media Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) New Bedford, MA

ProsPreston Marketing promotes organically for leadership positions based on your experiences while working from the start. Personally I was able to hire my sales team and work with a team that would always produce results. Preston allows you to set your own goals to achieve and they are always recognized from the management team, and when they are, you get income bonus incentives, which made me work harder at the next event you coordinate. Flexible yet organized; a great career starter to help develop skills to use in future opportunities, & #1 is Networking, meeting people from all walks of this industry tom learn from. Reimbursement for expenses (gas) was a plus.

ConsPolitics with the owners getting in the way of advancement. Compensation was my main issue with the company, hours were never hardly ever documented correctly through the online portal and hours worked were sometimes lost and never reimbursed? Happened about 2-3 times while I worked for them. Other than that, great college job for young beautiful women to look into, and possibly advance within based on your performance at the events you coordinate with your team.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the politics and look for real winners who would actually change the company a set the [ace for success. If I were to give any advice to management is that I was made a proposition to become a brand ambassador and because of a specific person who was in charge of deciding whom would take the position, ended up taking it away and giving it to a friend, rather than to the girl that worked her tail off, to grow with the company. I would probably still be with you today.

an absolute joke of a company

Promotional Sales Model (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Proshourly pay is decent.. but don't expect to be paid on time

Consas i mentioned in the "pros" section.. the hourly pay is decent but you will NEVER get your check on time and 9 times out of 10 you will have an issue. I've been with the company 2+ years and pick up 2 promos a week, you WILL get your money eventually but it will takes weeks and weeks... so do not work for preston if you are resilient on this paycheck.

Advice to Senior Managementyour company is going down the tubes... good luck to your future

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst marketing company EVER

Promotional Sales Model (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNo pros this company is bs. I would of given them 0 stars if the site allowed it

ConsNo payment !! I am currently filing a lawsuit against Preston because like others stated, they do not pay you when they are suppose to and when they do you will be shorted. And like the others mentioned, many times you will show up to these promos and the people there wouldn't even know you were coming because the company does not confirm with them

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees!!!!

Good part-time job

Promotional Sales Model (Current Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsThere are many events, but things get slow around Jan/Feb. I am able to make my own schedule and work when I am available w/o being penalized.

ConsSometimes the checks take a while. I always get what I'm owed, but I wish it was a bit faster

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been really organized in the past year or so...I am content with it.

Positive so far!

Salesmodel (Current Employee) Toms River, NJ

ProsYou can make your own hours, get paid a decent hourly rate, freedom to pick your own outfits (as long as its black & heels), you get to check out different bars & interact with people, you literally get paid to party, meet some fun girls, aquire some sweet promo items, very easy as long as you are friendly, on-time & understand that there is NO drinking while at the account!

Conssome girls who are consistently late/bail at the last minute seem to get rebooked, getting paid is a slow process but just keep good records and you will be fine, getting booked is difficult if you arent on your phone all the time, do not expect promos in january/february (this is the slow time for the liquor industry), hardly ANY accounts know that you're supposed to be there/cant find the kit (this is an inner-company problem though. If the owner doesnt tell his staff about the promo then its not Preston's fault that the bar is clueless)

Advice to Senior Managementgood job stepping up the training process for promos- It is important to find great managers to facilitate your salesmodels. Jourdan Guyton is great and helpful.

Good for part time/extra hours

Promotional Sales Model (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe company was mostly professional. I met a lot of great girls while working events. Everyone was very friendly! The jobs are easy, and the pay is good.

ConsThe pay checks never came on time. It took forever (almost a year) to get off the mass email list. The only other thing that was tough was you have to race to email managers about open promotions before others booked them. I was a student at the time so with classes, I couldn't always be near a computer and missed out on a lot of opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a system to make the bookings more fair.

Great Part-Time Job!

Zone Manager (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

Pros- Flexible hours (work as much or as little as you want)
    - Above average hourly pay
    - "Bonuses" - Including: Gas compensation if driving over a certain amount of miles, picking up hard-to-staff events, last minute events, working a certain amount of events in a given week/month

- Exposure to leading clients in the beverage industry
    - Fun job while learning about various brands, as well as promotional marketing

Cons- Paychecks late or wrong occasionally, but usually will get your money in the end

Awful company to work for. Rip-off

Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNone at all
    Would never recommend them

ConsYou lose money working for free

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is an awful company to work for. Sales models quit left and right because they are never paid. They are consistently promised bonuses and they Don't see their paychecks for months. They have to fight for them 90% of the time. The only reason there are good reviews is because upper management encourages the team to write them.

If you get hired as a sales model, chances are you're thrown into a promotion with no training just to fill a slot. Managers are always complaining about their boss and how poorly they are treated. I can only imagine considering the way the sales models are treated.

Start paying the people that are working and stop blaming your models forlorn performance"! If we got paid, we would work. Why would anyone do their job when they haven't been paid for months??

Fun work but it's not worth it in the end because they won't pay you what you deserve

Promotional Model (Former Employee)

Pros-fun job
    -free tastings
    -easy work
    -get to learn about different types of alcohol

Cons-terribly managed
    -very disorganized
    -brand managers are rude, egotistical, and unhelpful
    -the company doesn't prepare you for promos at all
    -archaic technology makes submitting jobs much more difficult than it has to be
    -some promos are in sketchy areas
    -no tolerance for no shows, even if it is a completely valid emergency

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized! When someone asks to see the hours they have logged to calculate the correct pay, actually respond! It was common for girls to stop working for Preston because they were not getting paid/nobody would get back to them regarding payment issues.
    Some of the managers were VERY disrespectful towards employees - one in particular texts girls insults and bullies them!
    All in all, what seemed like the perfect part-time job became a personal nightmare for me. This company has a lot of potential, but the managers' attitudes and the company's disorganization paints a bleak picture for Preston, unfortunately.

Worked for Preston Marketing Concepts? Contribute to the Community!