Preston Marketing Concepts

2.6

Karyne Bazzano

pleasant

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts

Pros

company has really good communication

Cons

sales models not all professional

I Work To Get A Paycheck - Not To Be A Volunteer

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, fun work and and good pay (if you can get paid).

Cons

Trying to get your paycheck. There seems to be always an issue. You could wait 8 or 10 weeks for a check. They need to issue debit cards to the brand ambassadors so we do not have to spend our own money to purchase supplies. Also, too much time spent taking photos, etc. for the job. Do you want us to sell the product or take photos?

Please look into the payroll situation and stop expecting us to come across with the supplies for the event.

Good college money

Former Employee - Promotional Model in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Promotional Model in Boston, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Make your own hours, schedule and have fun while working

Cons

The areas were sometimes not nice. Preston also revamped and cut everyone's pay and said we all had to work a certain number of hours if we wanted to earn our original rate.

Decent management- told us what to do and gave me space to do it.

Gave me the authority to run the business as if it were my own, setting your own pace, to gauge my productivity.

Former Employee - Promotional Sales Model Coordinator/Media Relationship Specialist in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Preston Marketing promotes organically for leadership positions based on your experiences while working from the start. Personally I was able to hire my sales team and work with a team that would always produce results. Preston allows you to set your own goals to achieve and they are always recognized from the management team, and when they are, you get income bonus incentives, which made me work harder at the next event you coordinate. Flexible yet organized; a great career starter to help develop skills to use in future opportunities, & #1 is Networking, meeting people from all walks of this industry tom learn from. Reimbursement for expenses (gas) was a plus.

Cons

Politics with the owners getting in the way of advancement. Compensation was my main issue with the company, hours were never hardly ever documented correctly through the online portal and hours worked were sometimes lost and never reimbursed? Happened about 2-3 times while I worked for them. Other than that, great college job for young beautiful women to look into, and possibly advance within based on your performance at the events you coordinate with your team.

Stop with the politics and look for real winners who would actually change the company a set the [ace for success. If I were to give any advice to management is that I was made a proposition to become a brand ambassador and because of a specific person who was in charge of deciding whom would take the position, ended up taking it away and giving it to a friend, rather than to the girl that worked her tail off, to grow with the company. I would probably still be with you today.

an absolute joke of a company

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hourly pay is decent.. but don't expect to be paid on time

Cons

as i mentioned in the "pros" section.. the hourly pay is decent but you will NEVER get your check on time and 9 times out of 10 you will have an issue. I've been with the company 2+ years and pick up 2 promos a week, you WILL get your money eventually but it will takes weeks and weeks... so do not work for preston if you are resilient on this paycheck.

your company is going down the tubes... good luck to your future

Worst marketing company EVER

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in New York, NY

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pros this company is bs. I would of given them 0 stars if the site allowed it

Cons

No payment !! I am currently filing a lawsuit against Preston because like others stated, they do not pay you when they are suppose to and when they do you will be shorted. And like the others mentioned, many times you will show up to these promos and the people there wouldn't even know you were coming because the company does not confirm with them

Pay your employees!!!!

Good part-time job

Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Promotional Sales Model in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many events, but things get slow around Jan/Feb. I am able to make my own schedule and work when I am available w/o being penalized.

Cons

Sometimes the checks take a while. I always get what I'm owed, but I wish it was a bit faster

Management has been really organized in the past year or so...I am content with it.

Positive so far!

Current Employee - Salesmodel in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Salesmodel in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can make your own hours, get paid a decent hourly rate, freedom to pick your own outfits (as long as its black & heels), you get to check out different bars & interact with people, you literally get paid to party, meet some fun girls, aquire some sweet promo items, very easy as long as you are friendly, on-time & understand that there is NO drinking while at the account!

Cons

some girls who are consistently late/bail at the last minute seem to get rebooked, getting paid is a slow process but just keep good records and you will be fine, getting booked is difficult if you arent on your phone all the time, do not expect promos in january/february (this is the slow time for the liquor industry), hardly ANY accounts know that you're supposed to be there/cant find the kit (this is an inner-company problem though. If the owner doesnt tell his staff about the promo then its not Preston's fault that the bar is clueless)

good job stepping up the training process for promos- It is important to find great managers to facilitate your salesmodels. Jourdan Guyton is great and helpful.

Good for part time/extra hours

Former Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Promotional Sales Model in Boston, MA

I worked at Preston Marketing Concepts as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The company was mostly professional. I met a lot of great girls while working events. Everyone was very friendly! The jobs are easy, and the pay is good.

Cons

The pay checks never came on time. It took forever (almost a year) to get off the mass email list. The only other thing that was tough was you have to race to email managers about open promotions before others booked them. I was a student at the time so with classes, I couldn't always be near a computer and missed out on a lot of opportunities.

Figure out a system to make the bookings more fair.

Great Part-Time Job!

Current Employee - Zone Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Zone Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Preston Marketing Concepts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Flexible hours (work as much or as little as you want)
    - Above average hourly pay
    - "Bonuses" - Including: Gas compensation if driving over a certain amount of miles, picking up hard-to-staff events, last minute events, working a certain amount of events in a given week/month

- Exposure to leading clients in the beverage industry
    - Fun job while learning about various brands, as well as promotional marketing

Cons

- Paychecks late or wrong occasionally, but usually will get your money in the end