Preventive Medicine

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alfred L. Pinto, DC L.Ac

A Good Place to Work

ProsManagement is pretty flexible when it comes to scheduling, good hourly pay plus some bonuses, free chiropractic care and acupuncture plus 20% off massages. Owner truly cares about patients and employees. I see some of the previous comments below that the doctor only sees dollar signs and that is not the case. This IS a business and it is important to think about those things so people have jobs. Decent insurance and vacation benefits. Best job I have had.

ConsSometimes there is an overload of work/responsibilities given. On occasion it is difficult to get in for treatment but if you are persistent and see the front desk to get scheduled they will make it happen. No paid holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to show up on time for meetings if you expect other employees to do the same.

Run

Mishawaka, IN

Proshourly wage was ok. Off on Sunday.

ConsThere are so many I don't know where to begin. It's a VERY tension filled environment. The Pinto Poop Policy prohibits pooping on the premises. You have to walk across the parking lot to another building. No breaks except lunch which can range from 15 minutes to 5 hours. Hours vary greatly. Sometimes you'll get 40/wk and other times maybe 20/wk. There is no way to plan anything during the week since you have no idea when you will get lunch or for how long and when you will get to go home. Chiropractic benefit is difficult to receive as you are often told "we are too busy." Patients are seen as $ signs and are scheduled whether or not there is enough staff to treat them so they may have very long waits, sometimes up to 4 hours at the office. Employees are discouraged from talking to each other. Any complaining is seen as creating a hostile work environment. Management creates the hostile work environment! I could go on and on but this gives people a good idea of the environment

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you want to be treated. DO NOT reprimand your employees in front of other staff members and patients. DO NOT tell your employees that they are stupid or incompetent. Any performance issues should be addressed with only the employee and, at most, their immediate supervisor behind closed doors. When an employee is injured or ill, don't just cast them aside with the attitude of "workers are a dime a dozen." You end up spending more money in hiring and training new people than you would in making the business a pleasant place to work. Losing 20+ employees per year is a horrible turnover rate and you should be ashamed, though I know you're not. Make sure that you are following through on the benefits you claim you supply.

Awful place to work at

ProsThe end of the day
    Lunch Breaks
    The drive home
    The Bathroom
    Half Days
    People who get treatment that are funny

ConsYou may work 6 days in a week and not even total 30 hours. Excessively long lunch breaks that range from 2 to 5 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with your employees. Make sure they fully understand what they are getting themselves into. Especially the fact that you have no idea how many hours you are going to work on a daily and weekly basis.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Burnt Out

Prosflexible with schedule
    no strict management

Consno advancement opportuntities
    minimal benefits
    salary does not equal tasks given

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not overload your employees' with supervisor work if they there is not supervisor pay or incentives. employees then feel like they are being taken advantage of.

Worst Place I have EVER worked!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is nothing good I can say about this place or it's wacky management.

ConsLong lunch breaks and weird hours
    I had to take tests all the time and know such things as where the doctors went to school and other nosensical things like that
    Had to walk to another building if we had to "poo"
    Employess were not allowed to converse freely in a professional manner-for instance could not ask a co-worker how her weekend went if a patient was nearby.
    Such a rigid atmosphere-no oy felt at work at ALL

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner of this practice needs to be more flexible and not make this such a tense worl enviromenment

Worked for Preventive Medicine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Preventive Medicine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Preventive Medicine CEO Alfred L. Pinto, DC L.Ac. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Preventive Medicine employees.