Price Chopper Supermarkets

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
2.7

Jerel T. "Jerry" Golub

Pros
  • Room for advancement, flexible hours for part timers, multiple departments to cross train in (in 9 reviews)

• Worked part-time for 5 years, definitely a great place to work while I attending college (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Moving into a full time position is almost impossible (in 10 reviews)

• Want superior customer service while cutting hours (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

tough market

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets

Pros

fair salaries, good sense of team mate comradery

Cons

minimal perks, employees annual raise reduced to 1% TY for the entire company, operating in a contracting market which means high stress roles, little room for opportunity/growth, positions are rarely reposted if abandoned.

IT guy

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets

Pros

good working environment over here

Cons

ok working environment over here

keep good

A long journey.

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the most important reason,for me, is the ownership of your work. Additionally, you have a daily structure to follow. These guidelines help define who you are, as it relates to your position.

Cons

In many cases there are difficult teammates to work with. At times, this does hinder the work process. In many cases like this, attitudes and behavior fuels the unwanted drama, and adds to the ongoing issues.

Look at the reality that is everyday life. The stores can't always master some of the programs that are put out there for us to complete, not because we aren't trying, because in some areas, the desire of the customers doesn't fit the form of the model.

Always have the chance to further your careerbut must work hard to do it

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Team Leader in Brattleboro, VT
    Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Team Leader in Brattleboro, VT

Pros

There is always a way to advance and the pay is great once you becaome a department manager. Health insurance is good for full time employees

Cons

Not very many full time positions available. If you are a capable employee to are expected to perform at the level of department manager but don't get the pay or respect. Very stressful work environment.

Change the pay scale part time employees working as a supervisor or in the service desk/cash office should be paid more than minimum wage. 1st clerks who tend to do the job or the department manager shouldn't have an $11,000 salary gap (that's at minimum too could be more) between them and the department head position. I have been a hard working 1st clerk and don't make enough for what I do. It makes for a bitter employee that you will loose soon.

deli

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

none, zero, zelch, nadda, poop

Cons

dont work here. poor pay, bad hours, cut hours, bad or very little raises. 10 cent for a raise. really???

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Price Chopper is an innovative company. The company delivers work-life balance and offers training in all aspects of retail. The company pays very well and the bonus structure is fair. Compared to other retailers this company takes care of its teammates and offers competitive benefit packages.

Cons

Has to continue to improve on technology but company is heading in the right direction

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I can't found another job in that town jajaja

Cons

Oh yes learning how spike more English jajaja with my paisa English jajaja

Stores Mangers need understand special for deli departments is a very busy department and workers need more time to done some jobs, and give more motivation to continued ahead.

Not a good place to work anymore

Former Employee - Assistant Team Leader in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Price Chopper Supermarkets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

To many upper management people not enough real employees

Cons

Work long hard hours by yourself, no staff, care about stupid little show things and not employees or customers anymore.

Get Rid off your dead weight Management and not the little people who actually do 100% of really running your stores!

Price Chopper

Pros

Everyone needs food so the job security is great. Turnover throughout the company is consistent so there will always be open jobs that you can apply for if you are interested in moving up.

Cons

Not much of a work life balance for management. They love to tell you what you need to do but not how to do it. Every year they try to cut back in some way.

Listen to your people

Great place to work

I have been working at Price Chopper Supermarkets

Pros

management, clean stores, career advancement, customer service

Cons

none, none, none, none, none

Price Chopper Supermarkets Photos