PriceRite

PriceRite Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

very enjoyful place to work at any age

Retail (Former Employee)
Providence, RI

I worked at PriceRite full-time for more than 10 years

Prosvery nice people to work for at any age

Consnot enough hours in the work day

Advice to Senior Managementmake more hours in the work day

One of the worst places going

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at PriceRite full-time

ProsNone at the time I was there

ConsNo management. glorified stockboy. They order way to much and you have to cram product in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from some or your experienced employees to run the store

Horrible Company

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Torrington, CT

I worked at PriceRite full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay and benefits, people in my store.

ConsClueless upper management. All of them would be fired working at any other major company. Corporate had one goal, beat on their management and find ways to get them to quit or terminate them for any dumb reason. Too many corporate people involved, no clear direction from anyone and everyone had a different idea on how your store should look.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all corporate and start fresh

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked under-appreciated

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at PriceRite part-time for less than a year

ProsAs a coworker for this company I have not ran in any Pros

ConsI was working at a Price Rite in the Buffalo NY region, and may I say was not a very pleasurable working area. This is what I have encountered as being a fellow employee, the managers did not follow thru with anything they said or promised the employees, promised us if we wanted to at anytime switch our positions but yet wouldn't allow myself to change, the truck driver delivering produce was in such a hurry he knocked the power jack off the lift causing Battery Acid to spill all over the receiving floor and the Yams as well as cutting up my leg and said I was able to still work, mice running thru the store and managers laughing because customers were scared of the mice, I noticed at times some stuff left out of the freezer unit for about forty-five minutes they replaced it in the freezer units. The grocery employees who stocked milk had milk expired for two weeks still on the front milk display. Managers taking naps in their offices, fellow employees stealing food and rushing it up to the break rooms to eat. As I said I will not pull myself to work in this company again.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your employees better

Decent job with opportunities to grow.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at PriceRite part-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers and Management are very easy going and enjoyable to work with.

ConsThere is a large volume of customers that don't speak english, making it difficult to communicate. Not many hours for part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo more in depth with the hiring process. This way they can find more reliable candidates.

Sketchy on the corporate level, good coworkers

Cashier (Former Employee)
Bridgeport, CT

I worked at PriceRite part-time for less than a year

ProsThe store-level management almost always sides with employees in disputes with customers, and you can be sure that you'll be treated fairly by your managers and coworkers. Management is very willing to work with employees on scheduling, and you won't be given crap for taking days off - as long as you schedule them!

ConsEntry-level jobs are paid minimum wage, which is $8.25/hr in Connecticut. Employees are given a $0.10/hr raise every six months, a difference of less than $4 a week (before taxes) for most; I didn't notice my own raise for a few weeks. On Sundays and certain holidays employees get an extra $1/hr. There isn't much room for cashiers to get a promotion, although it may not be worth the extra stress anyway as supervisors have told me that the difference in pay isn't much. There are no employee discounts.

The company is very strict about employees getting their breaks, likely because of some lawsuit. Part time employees are given a 15 minute break, but between clocking out, heading to the break room while dodging customers, and having to make it back before those fifteen minutes are up, the actual time spent unwinding is more like 11-12 minutes. This might sound trivial, but when you're actually working there it feels like a lot. Think about it this way: part-timers only get 80% of their break time! Supervisors and managers also have to follow this rule, so it is definitely a corporate initiative and not store-level.

It's impossible to get in touch with anyone from human resources. While I was looking for permission to use the store as a reference I called my store's HR person at least ten times over a three week period and never got a reply (and this was while I was still an employee!). Individual managers may be willing to be references, but the official policy is that only HR can do that.

Anti-union propaganda was tacked up next to the employee schedules, and corporate people once held an anti-union meeting in our break room, which had a broken air conditioner and was often sweltering because the company didn't want to pay to have it fixed.

Like at any job the customers could be abusive, but since management supports their employees (as I said in the Pros), this bad behavior is never encouraged.

I remember a few people wondering why employees had no loyalty to the store. The only good thing about PriceRite is that your fellow inmates acknowledge that you are a human being, which isn't bad, but we need more than that if we're to care if the company does well or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have anything that the store managers don't already know or which corporate guys might be interested in.

The Most Ungrateful Company I've Ever Work For.

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at PriceRite

Pros-Great Starting Pay
-Good Co Workers
-Great Health Insurance

Cons-Poorly Treated Employees
-Over worked and under appreciated
-Huge turn over
-Too many bosses who aren't on the same page
-Worse Training I've ever had

Advice to Senior ManagementGo Back To Business School, Practice Better Ethics and Learn How To Treat the People Doing the Right Thing.

Over-worked, under appreciated, horrible customers

Management (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at PriceRite

ProsPriceRite pays very well for certain positions. A Meat dept supervisor starts out at $16/hr and a produce manager starts out at $19/hr. Definately opportunity for advancement

ConsMy store in buffalo has the most rude, ignorant, disgusting customers I have ever seen. Management is not consistant with employee treatment. Most management staff only last a few months. PriceRite employees are extremely over-worked. The dollar per man hour rating ( judges how many hours each department gets based on sales) is more than double most other grocery stores. Poor healthcare and dental care. Extremely poor Corporate officials and the worst HR in history. This store has the potential to be a gold mine but due to other management staff and corporate, this company is on the fast track to failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire bases on qualifications and set up multiple interview, call previous employers dont just hire the cheapest person you can get or the quickest. Give the departments and workers the amount of hours they deserve and treat everyone the same and fair. Dont put out unachievable goals and then reprimand employees when they are not reached

very unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hyde Park, MA

I worked at PriceRite

ProsSome good employees, prices, not to bad for retail hours

Consno organization, dissarray, stubborness, lack of training, bad locations,

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees and don't think you know what is best for the store when u are never there.

Worked for PriceRite? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PriceRite reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by PriceRite employees.