PriceSpective

PriceSpective President & US Partner Steve Slovick

Steve Slovick

Good job

I have been working at PriceSpective

ProsConstantly learning interesting and exciting information

ConsGreat variation among offices, little client exposure to junior staff

Unpleasant and meager use of my time

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at PriceSpective

ProsYou can learn a decent amount about pharma consulting and there are interesting things going on with the company's trajectory.

ConsProjects are focused on value strategy and market access/pricing, after two or three projects, you've practically done them all. Disjointed offices and practices within the firm results to limited amount of exposure to different projects as well as the limited amount of responsibilities given to junior members; expect to spend a painful amount of hours reading syndicated reports and stressing over tedious powerpoint adjustments. Long hours with too few weekends to yourself.

Culture is overall collaborative, but isolation is not uncommon and new hires are not welcomed warmly. Expired members are not treated with respect or courtesy. Management is preoccupied with making a point that they often times simply lack decency and professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your workers, their time, and encourage growth.

It's a paycheck.

I have been working at PriceSpective

ProsMany opportunities to spend a lot of hours at work with no recognition. Excellent lack of communication skills and great poor training. Most people are good at heart. You can wear jeans to work on most informal days. There's always a lot of parking in the parking lot. The sandwich joint next door has good bread.

ConsNever a time when there;s no work to do. Too few times when the weekend is yours. People keep quitting so work load just keeps getting more and more. Senior management ony lives in LA and UK - Philadelphia only staffed with "managers" who don't even do good job.

Concise Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PriceSpective

ProsFast growth / Great Exposure / Steep Learning Curve / Strong Reputation / Expertise in Pricing Valuable / Freedom to Set Momentum / Good feedback mechanisms

ConsLong hours, disconnected management, dispersed offices, tough standards, unclear standardization in pay scales, sometimes significant disparities in workload across offices / low salaries for the hours worked

Advice to Senior ManagementStronger commitment to employee well-being needed.

Boutique Consulting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Blue Bell, PA

I worked at PriceSpective

ProsGrowth with company, breadth, learning

ConsNo work life balance promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Small company with good growth opportunities

I have been working at PriceSpective

ProsBecause PriceSpective is a small company, there is a large potential for growth within the organization. It is a very positive work environment that encourages personal development. The experience gained through project work and business development is invaluable to junior staff looking to build their resumes.

ConsNot unlike other consulting firms, there is a significant time commitment and it can be difficult at times to maintain work / life balance. Also, as a small company the absence of a well developed infrastructure for data management can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining protocols for new employees could be better developed to ensure that all of the staff is working to their full potential within the company's framework.

Good work atmosphere

I have been working at PriceSpective full-time for more than a year

Pros1, interesting work if you like to learn medic/disease knowledge, healthcare system, drug/device development; 2, people are really friendly and supportive; 3, not much travel requirement or on-site work

Cons1, can get high pressure, long-hours like all consulting; 2, specialised in late-phase development & commercialising, 3, confusing branding after acquisition by ICON

Advice to Senior Management1, need more incentive on compensations; 2, integration process should be faster after acquisition by ICON

It was just OK

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at PriceSpective full-time for more than a year

ProsWide rage of therapy area.

ConsPeople here are not very friendly unfortunately.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer! Everyone should be more positive!

Great place to work

I have been working at PriceSpective

ProsThe work is stimulating even for a specialized consulting company. Projects across many disease areas and scopes will allow you to learn a lot and fast. From big pharma clients to smaller ones, you'll get it all. Here you are valued by the quality of your work and there is a meritocracy in place. Career progression is not just a buzz word and actually a real thing - I was surprised to see this was an issue with other reviewers. People are friendly More senior level folks are competent and knowledgeable, so no despairing over dumb bosses. Formal training is good, but it can be a couple of months before you get any, so get ready to hit the ground running. However, people are truly available to assist you in anything you need and will ease you in your responsibilities.

ConsAfter looking at some of the previous reviews, let's get something clear: this is a consulting company so no chance for 9 to 5, and expecting it is naive. The pressure to deliver can be considerable at times and high turnover, so no room for slacking. Another thing, and not necessarily a con is that this is a company specialized in pharma pricing and market access - it's all we do! If you are looking for sales force optimization, IT implementation or other general management consulting type of projects, this is not the right place for you.

Overall a great experience

Pros*Great people
*Interesting work
*Opportunity to learn a lot in a short time span

Cons*Sometimes long hours, but that's true for every consulting firm

Worked for PriceSpective? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PriceSpective reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PriceSpective CEO Steve Slovick . All 12 reviews posted anonymously by PriceSpective employees.