Pride Mobility Products Reviews

worked here less than 1 year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products

Pros

Products help customers lives, benefits are good. Offers 401k program after 6 months. Offers experience for new hires, or people who wereout of job market for a while

Cons

Managers who do not manage, rude employees. Everyone passes the buck on work, which seriously annoys customers. Most employees not happy with thier pay amounts. After deductions working for peanuts. No way to complain or report other employees misuse of time or office supplies. Retalation is swiftly taken by long term employees whom have bad attitudes. Some managers expect you to eat sleep breathe thework.

Advice to Management

I agree, some leadership trainings and paying attention to whats going on In your departments, knowing whos working and whose screwing off on company time. Evaluate what your employees are doing.

BEWARE

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

Non-managers were good to work with. Everybody I encountered higher up in the food chain will say stuff behind your back or in an email because they don't have the guts to do it to your face.

Cons

The boss if you can even call him that, is the worst I have ever had. Tells you to bring any questions to him and then when you bring questions to him he just stares at his computer like he couldn't be bothered and then gives you a one word answer. They are a multi-million dollar company yet they do everything via Excel spreadsheets, laughable. EVERYONE just passes the blame for everything nothing is ever anyone's fault, so whoever doesn't know the right person gets fired. If someone told me today Pride has gone under I wouldn't even be surprised.

Advice to Management

I would honestly look for other managers. Get some people in there who understand how to work with other people.

Going the wrong way down a one way track.

Former Employee - R&D in Exeter, PA
    Former Employee - R&D in Exeter, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

I worked with some great people there. There were times when the job was fun. There is also a sense of satisfaction knowing the products you make are helping people.

Cons

Management is completely clueless. It is a culture of hire, throw under the bus, fire, repeat. The people who are truly a detriment to the company will never leave because they protect themselves. It is without a doubt a good 'ol boys club like so many others have mentioned. Salary is insultingly poor - even for the area. There are people who work hard and are not recognized and people who hardly work at all yet maintain their status.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand. Take a class on leadership. Collaborate with leaders at other companies in the area to see what works for them. Being a yes man doesn't make you a leader and they are short on leaders.

Quantum Tech Rep

Former Employee - Quantum Tech Representative in Duryea, PA
    Former Employee - Quantum Tech Representative in Duryea, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

There is really not much to say here. Only good thing is the products they offer

Cons

Will advance there friends before better qualified employees. They say they are open to suggestions but never act on any. Huge good old boys club. You will have to fight to advance in the company. Managers and supervisors will lie to you just to make you happy for the moment. Managers and supervisor don't get held accountable for anything. All employees get an hour lunch for their appreciation luncheon but tech service doesn't.

Advice to Management

Take suggestions and act on it. Make common sense decisions on things. Re evaluate entire tech department included managers and supervisor. Don't degrat employees show respect. Give out Christmas bonuses more than the whooping $25 dollars you currently give.

6. In a small area with limited opportunity, Pride is the best place to work.

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Pride through the good and the bad. I started during the times of lavish Holiday Parties and perks, and when times got hard and the company took a hit I was one of the people laid off. It was very hard for me and it was equally hard for my manager. I have always loved my Pride family and have made some of my best friends here. In the 10+ years at Pride I have advance through my own hard work and not because I am in some "good 'ol boys club". When a company goes through a hard time and has to make cuts people get angry and point fingers at the CEO or HR, this isn't just at Pride, this is everywhere! Business is business and unfortunate, tough decisions have to be made and no one enjoys it. I saw an opportunity a couple years ago to come back and I took it. Within a year of coming back I got a new position and a promotion. The CEO and his family have always been very approachable to me and have always been willing to help me and my family out. I have seen many friends be promoted and advance through their years at Pride. In this small area where there is not much opportunity this is one of the best places to work.

Cons

In some cases you have to do more with less, dealing with tight budgets.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job does not always mean putting in extra hours. If you can go above and beyond within your 8 hour work day that says more to me than someone who has to work extra every day to get the job done. Time management and efficiency are great qualities.

Look before you leap

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

Benefits. Many good people come then go. Friends and family are always welcome. Good stepping stone company. Having a hard time finding positive things to say.

Cons

High stress, no long term strategy, what are we doing today? Where the wind blows this company shall go. Friends and family first company. Below average pay scales. Continually eliminating positions to make room the latest friend or family member.

Advice to Management

Poor business decisions are rampant by non-qualified personnel in leadership positions. Promote based on education and knowledge, not because you want to keep a friend around or bring one on board. Never seen a company with such a revolving door at the top.

People need to go in order to improve this company.

Current Employee - Research and Development in Exeter, PA
    Current Employee - Research and Development in Exeter, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some very intelligent and driven individuals. I am happy with my job. The company overall is incredible. Watching individuals live a better life with our products is an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

Highschool all over again. Get rid of the rotten eggs. Listen to your employees and do us all a favor.

Advice to Management

The good ol boys club that everyone likes to bring up. Lets remember it is not only boys. The root of the problems are in that group. Watch your management. It seems to me and a lot of other folk a certain few like to take complete advantage of time and no one wants to hear about your personal problems. We all have problems, it is called life. Cry about it on your own time. COO, VPs, Directors, take your personal feelings about someone out of the mix. It would be a better place for everyone.

Running a corporate culture of fear.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Duryea, PA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Duryea, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products

Pros

Health benefits, dress down on Fridays.

Cons

Employees are run by a culture of fear. Business too dependant on government handouts. Employees retaliated against for dissenting opinions. Mandatory overtime. Forced to work on Saturdays. Makes empty promises. Not progressive as far as employee perks. Lack of communication between management. Disorganized.

Advice to Management

Start actually investing back into your employees. Be open and honest with your employees when you decide to fire them.

Once Great, Now Not So

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started working for Pride I loved my job. I enjoyed the work I did, and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned a lot during my employment. That changed over several years. Despite what other reviewers stated, the benefits are actually pretty good. I was always pleased with the options available. However, I am single. Not sure how having a spouse and children would impact the payroll deduction. The company develops products that have huge positive impacts on peoples lives. That is probably the number one "Pro". People truly need these mobility products, and despite the organizational and bureaucratic problems, the products are generally very good quality. In my opinion, they are aesthetically the best on the market. There are some great people working here also.

Cons

The company has a self funded insurance program. Im afraid the cost of this is reflected on the cost to the employees through payroll deduction, despite reasonable benefit packages. This is purely speculation. Over the years the quality of the workplace has declined severely in terms of huge lay offs resulting in low morale that never quite recovered. Some people left on their own. A lot of experience and talent went out of the door in one way or another; R&D especially. The workload for the employees who were left was heavy to say the least. Over-worked, under-payed, especially when compared to national averages per position. They brought in outside management and really mixed things up, and really messed things up. Granted, prior to this there was the "Good Ole Boys Club" like others mentioned, but the resulting breakup had dramatic effects on productivity, leadership, and morale. Something needed to be done, but it was done in the wrong way. The work environment has suffered ever since. Senior Management has not shown leadership; only the ability to place blame and create excuses instead of standing by whats right. Promises are made by the "Yes Men" without proper knowledge of what is involved (or complete disregard), resulting in unreasonable expectations that lead to increased stress on employees and decreased output. Senior management preaches that certain procedures are to be followed only to go against them and take shortcuts time and time again, thus creating more chaos and more work further down the road. Middle Management "takes a beating" as a result. In terms of product functionality, features and quality, they don't seem to be on the same level as the top end European products. Though as I stated, quality is very good; aesthetically excellent.

Advice to Management

Read some books on leadership. Not some corporate management book or anything suggested by HR. Take it upon yourself to read some classics; "How to win friends and Influence People", "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership", "Leadership and Self Deception". Firstly, make the investment in yourself by educating yourself. Secondly, use your newly gained knowledge in the workplace and make a positive impact. Stand up for whats right. Say No. Take responsibility. Instead of acting like a hot-shot with a nice sounding title, set an example for the culture of the workplace that you operate.

11. Great place for a career

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyable working environment. Very reasonable working hours. Most management is supportive and receptive to feedback. 401K match and annual performance increases were still being offered even through the economic crash. Health benefits are excellent, far better than any friends or family are offered at other companies. Although there was downsizing, through the economic crash, the company is thriving and expanding throughout the country. The CEO is committed to making this company the most successful in the industry.

Cons

Communication could be better. Some people are not receptive to change or suggestions.

Advice to Management

Reward those who do good and initiate positive change. Hold workers accountable for mistakes. Keep health benefits low.

RSS Feed </> Embed