Pride Mobility Products

Scott S. Meuser

Great place to work

Former Employee - Assembler IV in Duryea, PA
    Former Employee - Assembler IV in Duryea, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work isn't hard at all but your job description may sound like it is. You don't have to lift 70 lbs. boxes like the description says

Cons

My name is Stephen spencer and this place doesn't have a con I loved the place

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Research and Development in Exeter, PA
    Former Employee - Research and Development in Exeter, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

State of the art testing facility. It's clear where their priorities are, as lots of money is spent on testing products but nothing on the employees.

Cons

Pride has cut virtually all employee perks: no more holiday parties, and bonuses/raises are non-existent. People walk around and look like they've waiting for a meteor to fall out of the sky and put them out of their misery. Lowest morale I've ever seen at any job. The CEO and his brother are major Republican blowhards, and if you're not the same, don't expect to ever climb the corporate ladder, no matter how good your work is.

Stop firing/laying off people who offer suggestions or have different opinions. Retaining only the "yes men" has turned the company into a shell of what it used to be.

Las Vegas Facility--beware before accepting job here

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They seem to make a good product. There are a lot of great employees.

Cons

Although there are a lot of great employees there are a few who are not the kind of people you would want to work with. So this person/people can be disrespectful to employees and the management does not seem to want to listen to any criticism. So even if you are very reliable and an exceptional employee if this person/people want you gone, then you are at risk. Don't get too comfortable at Pride Mobility Las Vegas.

Take a good look at your employees and make sure they are leading by example as to the kind of employee behavior you want to see in the facility. You will not keep good employee's if you allow some to walk all over other people with no consequences.

Good place to use as a stepping stone to something better

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's hard to find good things to say about Pride..... they have alright insurance benefits I suppose.
    I guess you could say that the few co-workers who aren't back stabbers or constantly complaining about how much they hate their jobs make going to work everyday bearable.

Cons

Raises and promotions are virtually non existent unless you're part of the good ole boys club, then you can expect your face to be plastered on Pride Today every other week congratulating you on your new position as the "Insert what ever ridiculous job title you can here". You don't even have to worry about HR calling you to their office to discuss why you openly degrade the masculinity and size of a director in front of their department when your in this club. And yes I am refering to the same person that has been brought up in previous reviews on glassdoor except I share mine with first hand experience being in the same room on multiple occassions.

The atmosphere at this place is poor. And by poor I mean it's hard not to go an hour without hearing or talking to someone who is explaining how much more they hate their job than everyone else. Everyone secretly is looking for another job and productivity would probably increase tremendously if IT blocked job search sites because then everyone would have to find something else to do for the first 2 hours of the day.

The pay is ok I guess if your ok with a below average salary for your career field, and don't bother trying to negotiate with them because they aren't concerned with the quality of they're workforce..... Just the price of it. Like I said in the title Pride is a good place to use as a "stepping stone" not a place to stay for the long haul.

Pro for me but Con for Pride...... I learned what bad and immoral buisness practices looks like.

I'm just going to use this section to call out the HR department because Management doesn't listen to advice, until what you tell them is going to go wrong actually goes wrong. Back to HR..... It's very obvious that you post fake reviews on here. Pay attention to the problems being brought up on here and work to resolve them instead of masking them.

Tech

I worked at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No Pro about this company

Cons

They will let you go

Depends on what you do. Lots of change in the past decade. Not the same place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hard to find opportunity where this job is located. There aren't many employers this large in the area that also have an international reach.

Cons

Lots of layoffs. This is used to intimate current employees with the treat of being cut. So don't ask for a raise, less work or complain about anything. Keep your head down and you MIGHT stay if your working 10x harder than your coworkers AND making less than them.

There's no room for advancement. There is upper management and lots of workers. There's no in-between. What management is doing is also NEVER transparent. It makes every task a mystery.

It is a place for bureaucracy, if you want to advance, you have to play the game well. The organization changes too much

Former Employee - Contractor in Exeter, PA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Exeter, PA

I worked at Pride Mobility Products as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Not very strict management style, personal matters are considered reasonably. I guess if you can play the game well, it is very good place to work for.

Cons

Game playing too much, everyone is trying to stack others on the back. It seems the only way to climb up..................

Go to the offices and see things for yourselves.............

Sad Work Environment

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friends found while working here

Cons

Management was very poor. There was a very large move to make everyone an Alpha employee. In the years between 2011 and 2013 75% of the office workforce was let go and partially rehired. Many good hard working people were let go or left on there own due to the stress and negative, toxic environment.

Value your staff, talent.

Rehab Product Specialist

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time

Pros

The products are above average

Cons

There is absolutely NO training and I mean NO training out side of what you do on your own. Very Poor reputation for customer support, and product distribution, I am seriously not sure how this company makes money.

Sell it to someone competent

The truth is always somewhere in the middle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, PA

I have been working at Pride Mobility Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome medical benefits, I have a fantastic manager who cares about my well-being and co-workers who care about what they're doing and are always willing to help out. Plus, like everyone says, what we do here makes a difference in people's lives.

Cons

The wages aren't great, even for this area. But again, the medical benefits are solid and I know a lot of people who work here because of them when they could have left for more money to go elsewhere.

First of all, I would tell anyone who is reading this site to research Pride as a possible place to work, to not listen to the really negative reviews or the really positive ones. Pride is just like any other company - if you have a good manager and good co-workers,and you like what you do, you're going to love working here. If you don't like your manager, or you don't like what you do, then you won't like it here. But that's all subjective, and it's like anywhere else you'll ever work. I read the last post and had to respond because it felt like I was reading about some other company for the most part, not the one I work at. I've never had a Vice President or manager yell at me or curse at me, and I haven't seen them do it to any of my co-workers. I've met a lot of the VP's at Pride and have had a positive experience with almost all of them. Not all of them say hello in the hallway, but neither do some of the other people that work here. That doesn't make it a bad place to work, as there are way more people who DO say hello and are really friendly. There are some really awesome people who work at Pride, talented, funny, kind people, who really care about what they do. There are also others who for some reason or another aren't happy, or they have a legitimate axe to grind, but again, that's just like at any other company on the planet.

To knock the COO for not knowing people's names is a bit petty - he recently met with our department and asked us if we had questions or concerns, and seemed genuinely willing to listen to us. Who cares if he doesn't know all of our names? There are like a thousand people who work here. I'd be more worried if he DID know all of our names, because I'd rather he focus on making the company better than trying to remember if a guy in Tech Services goes by Bob or Rob or whatever. And to be mad because they gave us a free lunch with vending money? Okay, so it's not like the greatest thing in the world, but how is it something to get mad about? "What? They gave me a free lunch? How dare they!" I mean, come on, people. I also fact checked and there IS a Morale and Motivation committee, so I'm not sure who the last reviewer asked in HR because that's wrong. I was even told that HR runs the thing, so I asked and was told - by HR - when and where it meets each month. Not that I particularly want to be on it, but it does exist. Also, I got a raise this year, as did the rest of my department and a few others I know about, so to say that no one got raises is also inaccurate.

Even though it may seem like it, my overall point is not to attack the last reviewer, because it's their opinion and clearly they see things differently than I do. My point is to demonstrate that everyone has their own perspective on things, so if you're looking at Pride as a place to work, talk to as many people as possible and then judge for yourself. For what it's worth, In my opinion, I'm very happy here, and see myself staying here for a very long time.

My advice to management would be this - if what the last person said about the financials is true (which it may or may not be, as they were wrong on a couple of things), keep focusing on making better products and making the company more profitable, and pass more of that on to the work force so that the wages here are more competitive for not only the area but for the field people are in. I would also highly recommend that you not waste your time worrying about what a few people out of a thousand are saying on a web site, hiding behind their anonymity (yes, I'm being hypocritical) because they don't speak for everyone. Please instead focus on doing what you can to make the company stronger, so that Pride is around for a very long time and so we - the employees - can grow with it, professionally, personally and financially.