Pride Reviews

1. .

Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Chicopee, MA
    Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at Pride

Pros

Good pay reliable set schedule transfers are pretty easy all over mass

Cons

.no communication your store team determines how good or bad of an experience u have

2. Was full time, company going in loss, currently every employee including Msnaging positions on part time, that

Current Employee - District Manager, Manager, in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - District Manager, Manager, in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Pride full-time

Pros

Owner, & people work with very happy . Very Understanding & a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Cut down on all employees salary, also I know I have more capabilities, owner agree too. Deserve better position & salary. At that time I grabbed the Oppurtunity as staff & owner very genuine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pride (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck and that's all Nothing else

Cons

Everything about this company is bad. They way people are treated and talked to is the worse. High employee turnover. You could be fired at any point, even the corporate employees. They entice you with a nice starting salary, but as time goes on it is not worth it. Rules and expectations change on a daily basis. If your thinking about leaving your current job to work for this company, do not do it. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

stop treating people like crap.

Don't Even Think About Working Here!

I worked at Pride

Pros

None. This is honestly the worst work environment and company to work for.

Cons

The company makes promises and puts nothing in writing; then goes back on their words. Hostile and stressful work environment with people fearing that they will be fired on a daily basis. Micro managed at the top and you are just expected to do what you are told. High employee turnover rate. Long hours are expected and even if you take a lunch break it is frowned upon. I would not wish working here on my worst enemy, it's that bad.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and don't make false promises. Run a more professional organization with written documentation. What goes around comes around and the way you treat people will catch up to you and the organization.

Long and Exhausting

Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA

I worked at Pride

Pros

Good pay rate for low end job

Cons

Everything. Treats you like a borderline slave. Want a day off better fine someone to cover your shift because it's not there problem. Sick days?! Even if you have the flu they expect you to come in they don't care.

Advice to Management

Fix your company and be better to your employees

Not a good place to work, especially the corporate office.

I worked at Pride

Pros

Seems like a good job. Management appears to listen for the short term. It does not last however and the turnstile method of changing out people begins again.

Cons

Unusual micromanagement style of top management cripples efforts, enthusiasm, forward momentum and any good ideas brought forth by mid-managers. I could go on forever...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "CEO" and see the company for the opportunity it is.

GREAT COMPANY, GREAT BENEFITS

I have been working at Pride

Pros

Great Company to work for been working here for close to 5 years and I love the enviroment, Great Managers and Great District Managers. They are here to answer your questions or even when you need time off they are very flexible. Nice to have Bob and Marsha come to your stores and care about the team and ask how we are doing. Alot of owners will not come out to stores and do what Pride do. Keep up the Good Work Pride you will have me here for 50 more years.

Cons

I don't have nothing bad to say. The only challenge I have is to have all these negative people talking about an excellent company. If you don't like what you are doing why you are still here. Something the company is doing right that you are still here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work.

9. I'll miss this place

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicopee, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicopee, MA

I worked at Pride full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Pride for over two years and it was always a wonderful job. There are great advancement opportunities. I started as an overnight cashier and when I left was an assistant manager. Both of the managers I worked for were always good to me and really cared that I loved my job. They pay was great and I got to work with good friends. If I had not moved out of state I would still be working there now. When I left my former manager wrote me a very nice letter of recommendation.

Cons

The only thing I dont like about Pride is that they dont have any in Florida, I was unable to transfer and had to find a new job.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees happy. Happy people want to go above and beyond for their employers.

10. Taking care of your people pays off and that's what pride does .

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are competitive wages, room for advancement and friendly and outgoing staff

Cons

There are no cons . The work experience is great each day.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to advance from the bottom to the top with the great bonus program and understanding that family time is important . I'm always taken care of .

11. Great Local Business

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has taken care of me for years with promotions, bonuses, and opportunity for personal growth. Everyday is different when dealing with new challenges, interesting customers, and being pushed to accomplish new goals. Its great working for a local company where I am not a number and the commute is under 10 minutes.

Cons

If there was any it would be long hours but this a 24/7 business so I understood that when I started there would be some late nights and early mornings.

Advice to Management

Adding bonuses and increasing your minimum wage have been great things for your team members. Keep doing what you are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed