Pride

www.pridestores.com

Pride Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Pride – Southwick – “Pride”

Pride – Southwick – “Pride”

Marsha Del Monte

Great Local Business

Store Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsThis company has taken care of me for years with promotions, bonuses, and opportunity for personal growth. Everyday is different when dealing with new challenges, interesting customers, and being pushed to accomplish new goals. Its great working for a local company where I am not a number and the commute is under 10 minutes.

ConsIf there was any it would be long hours but this a 24/7 business so I understood that when I started there would be some late nights and early mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdding bonuses and increasing your minimum wage have been great things for your team members. Keep doing what you are doing.

Great Company with Room for Advancement

Project Manager (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsGood work environment with great benefits. Able to learn new things and make advancements in the company. Good work-life balance. Flexible if a family emergency arises and concerned for you and your families welfare.

ConsIf you work hard and do your best you will thrive in this company. This company and management took good care of us for years and I have nothing negative to say about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are absolutely no pros.

Conseverything, do not work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to run a company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Read these reviews closely! Current staff is writing these! Beware!!!! Shady!

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAll deceiving! Seemed like a great opportunity until day 1 of work!

ConsMicro manage, disrespectful, rude, dirty atmosphere, closed communication, non forward thinking and non employee centric.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and let employees do their work! You have some very qualified employees. Bob and Marsha you know what you know but have no clue how to run other areas... So don't!

Wonderful Job (corporate)

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsGreat manager who always was pleasant to work for and with. If you work hard you will be rewarded and enjoy your work. Great vacation benefits for a part-time employee and very flexible if you needed time off to care for a family emergency. This is by far one of my most favorite jobs, if I didn't move out of the area I would definitely be staying with the company. Everyday was different and I never felt bored in my position. Great co-workers & an enjoyable work environment.

ConsThe only downside of the job is when you had to deal with difficult people who were customers, but even that can be handled by having a good attitude and doing your best to help them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are. You do a great job of caring for your employees both by compensation and be being concerned with their wellbeing.

Great opportunities for good employees to advance.

Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsOpportunity to advance in growing company.

ConsIf you can't handle being flexible in your work schedule, it will be a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Terrible inexperienced management and horrible owner

Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) Chicopee, MA

ProsHours
    Fun co-workers
    Kind customers
    Nothing else
    Terrible company

ConsNever receive off time
    Corporate staff mocks store staff
    10 min breaks
    No tipping policy, but instructed to put tips into drawer. Manager probably took it for herself

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat people

Love my job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsIt is a fun and enjoyable place to work. They allow you time off to spend with your family. They have very competitive wages.

ConsI don't have anything bad to say about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You hire the best to achieve the best.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Enjoyable place to work. Provides an excellent work-life balance and generous salary and benefits.

Corporate (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsExcellent people. Corporate environment is well-balanced. A lot of variety and interesting aspects of the business. A lot more people who enjoy working at Pride that don't post versus the few former employees who have posted.

ConsDifficult to shed unwarranted attempt to cast bad reviews and bad reputation from few prior employees. Interesting the reviews here who allege the environment is bad all were by employees who were employed for at least a year. Claiming something is terrible, yet continuing to work there, is contradictory and makes no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith success comes envy. Continue to do what you feel is in the best interest of the business and the employees.

Current Corporate Employee

ProsI work here now and I don't see where the negative reviews are coming from. I've had great experiences in my 2 years here

ConsI haven't seen any cons. Pride has a great work environment and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up the great work. Pride is a great place to work, our stores are clean and friendly, and our prices are very competitive.

Worked for Pride? Contribute to the Community!