Pride Reviews

I'll miss this place

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Chicopee, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicopee, MA

I worked at Pride full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Pride for over two years and it was always a wonderful job. There are great advancement opportunities. I started as an overnight cashier and when I left was an assistant manager. Both of the managers I worked for were always good to me and really cared that I loved my job. They pay was great and I got to work with good friends. If I had not moved out of state I would still be working there now. When I left my former manager wrote me a very nice letter of recommendation.

Cons

The only thing I dont like about Pride is that they dont have any in Florida, I was unable to transfer and had to find a new job.

Keep the employees happy. Happy people want to go above and beyond for their employers.

GREAT COMPANY, GREAT BENEFITS

I have been working at Pride

Pros

Great Company to work for been working here for close to 5 years and I love the enviroment, Great Managers and Great District Managers. They are here to answer your questions or even when you need time off they are very flexible. Nice to have Bob and Marsha come to your stores and care about the team and ask how we are doing. Alot of owners will not come out to stores and do what Pride do. Keep up the Good Work Pride you will have me here for 50 more years.

Cons

I don't have nothing bad to say. The only challenge I have is to have all these negative people talking about an excellent company. If you don't like what you are doing why you are still here. Something the company is doing right that you are still here.

Keep up the Great Work.

Taking care of your people pays off and that's what pride does .

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are competitive wages, room for advancement and friendly and outgoing staff

Cons

There are no cons . The work experience is great each day.

Thank you for the opportunity to advance from the bottom to the top with the great bonus program and understanding that family time is important . I'm always taken care of .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Local Business

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has taken care of me for years with promotions, bonuses, and opportunity for personal growth. Everyday is different when dealing with new challenges, interesting customers, and being pushed to accomplish new goals. Its great working for a local company where I am not a number and the commute is under 10 minutes.

Cons

If there was any it would be long hours but this a 24/7 business so I understood that when I started there would be some late nights and early mornings.

Adding bonuses and increasing your minimum wage have been great things for your team members. Keep doing what you are doing.

Do yourself a favor and find something else.

Current Employee - Lackey
    Current Employee - Lackey

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than a year

Pros

Someday my employment here will end and I will be free to speak my mind to Bob and Marsha. The pay check is good.

Cons

Pay is good but not worth the cost to my conscience. I constantly am in a position where I have to do things I know are wrong but I can't afford to expose my displeasure. I see these recent reviews and I know they are part of the corporate teams attempt to polish their image. It's despicable. I get a particular kick out of "if it is so bad why do you stay more than a year". The answer is the economy has been so bad there are no positions to move to. If you apply for jobs and Bob and Marsha find out, they line up your replacement and figure out a way to make you so miserable that you quit or manufacture a termination with cause.

Stop treating people like pawns. Stop mandating that people work with no breaks and/or no one to cover their time off.

Horrible

I worked at Pride full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are absolutely no pros.

Cons

everything, do not work here.

Learn to run a company.

Great Company with Room for Advancement

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work environment with great benefits. Able to learn new things and make advancements in the company. Good work-life balance. Flexible if a family emergency arises and concerned for you and your families welfare.

Cons

If you work hard and do your best you will thrive in this company. This company and management took good care of us for years and I have nothing negative to say about them.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Read these reviews closely! Current staff is writing these! Beware!!!! Shady!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pride full-time for less than a year

Pros

All deceiving! Seemed like a great opportunity until day 1 of work!

Cons

Micro manage, disrespectful, rude, dirty atmosphere, closed communication, non forward thinking and non employee centric.

Hire and let employees do their work! You have some very qualified employees. Bob and Marsha you know what you know but have no clue how to run other areas... So don't!

Wonderful Job (corporate)

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great manager who always was pleasant to work for and with. If you work hard you will be rewarded and enjoy your work. Great vacation benefits for a part-time employee and very flexible if you needed time off to care for a family emergency. This is by far one of my most favorite jobs, if I didn't move out of the area I would definitely be staying with the company. Everyday was different and I never felt bored in my position. Great co-workers & an enjoyable work environment.

Cons

The only downside of the job is when you had to deal with difficult people who were customers, but even that can be handled by having a good attitude and doing your best to help them.

Keep doing what you are. You do a great job of caring for your employees both by compensation and be being concerned with their wellbeing.

Great opportunities for good employees to advance.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to advance in growing company.

Cons

If you can't handle being flexible in your work schedule, it will be a problem.

Keep it up.

Worked for Pride? Contribute to the Community!