Pride Reviews

41 reviews filtered by
2.8
Marsha Del Monte

1. GREAT COMPANY, GREAT BENEFITS

I have been working at Pride

Pros

Great Company to work for been working here for close to 5 years and I love the enviroment, Great Managers and Great District Managers. They are here to answer your questions or even when you need time off they are very flexible. Nice to have Bob and Marsha come to your stores and care about the team and ask how we are doing. Alot of owners will not come out to stores and do what Pride do. Keep up the Good Work Pride you will have me here for 50 more years.

Cons

I don't have nothing bad to say. The only challenge I have is to have all these negative people talking about an excellent company. If you don't like what you are doing why you are still here. Something the company is doing right that you are still here.

Keep up the Great Work.

Don't Even Think About Working Here!

I worked at Pride

Pros

None. This is honestly the worst work environment and company to work for.

Cons

The company makes promises and puts nothing in writing; then goes back on their words. Hostile and stressful work environment with people fearing that they will be fired on a daily basis. Micro managed at the top and you are just expected to do what you are told. High employee turnover rate. Long hours are expected and even if you take a lunch break it is frowned upon. I would not wish working here on my worst enemy, it's that bad.

Treat employees with respect and don't make false promises. Run a more professional organization with written documentation. What goes around comes around and the way you treat people will catch up to you and the organization.

Long and Exhausting

Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA

I worked at Pride

Pros

Good pay rate for low end job

Cons

Everything. Treats you like a borderline slave. Want a day off better fine someone to cover your shift because it's not there problem. Sick days?! Even if you have the flu they expect you to come in they don't care.

Fix your company and be better to your employees

Not a good place to work, especially the corporate office.

I worked at Pride

Pros

Seems like a good job. Management appears to listen for the short term. It does not last however and the turnstile method of changing out people begins again.

Cons

Unusual micromanagement style of top management cripples efforts, enthusiasm, forward momentum and any good ideas brought forth by mid-managers. I could go on forever...

Get rid of the "CEO" and see the company for the opportunity it is.

6. I'll miss this place

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicopee, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicopee, MA

I worked at Pride full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked for Pride for over two years and it was always a wonderful job. There are great advancement opportunities. I started as an overnight cashier and when I left was an assistant manager. Both of the managers I worked for were always good to me and really cared that I loved my job. They pay was great and I got to work with good friends. If I had not moved out of state I would still be working there now. When I left my former manager wrote me a very nice letter of recommendation.

Cons

The only thing I dont like about Pride is that they dont have any in Florida, I was unable to transfer and had to find a new job.

Keep the employees happy. Happy people want to go above and beyond for their employers.

7. Taking care of your people pays off and that's what pride does .

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are competitive wages, room for advancement and friendly and outgoing staff

Cons

There are no cons . The work experience is great each day.

Thank you for the opportunity to advance from the bottom to the top with the great bonus program and understanding that family time is important . I'm always taken care of .

8. Great Local Business

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Pride full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company has taken care of me for years with promotions, bonuses, and opportunity for personal growth. Everyday is different when dealing with new challenges, interesting customers, and being pushed to accomplish new goals. Its great working for a local company where I am not a number and the commute is under 10 minutes.

Cons

If there was any it would be long hours but this a 24/7 business so I understood that when I started there would be some late nights and early mornings.

Adding bonuses and increasing your minimum wage have been great things for your team members. Keep doing what you are doing.

Horrible

I worked at Pride full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros.

Cons

everything, do not work here.

Learn to run a company.

10. Great Company with Room for Advancement

Former Employee - Project Manager in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment with great benefits. Able to learn new things and make advancements in the company. Good work-life balance. Flexible if a family emergency arises and concerned for you and your families welfare.

Cons

If you work hard and do your best you will thrive in this company. This company and management took good care of us for years and I have nothing negative to say about them.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Read these reviews closely! Current staff is writing these! Beware!!!! Shady!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pride full-time (less than a year)

Pros

All deceiving! Seemed like a great opportunity until day 1 of work!

Cons

Micro manage, disrespectful, rude, dirty atmosphere, closed communication, non forward thinking and non employee centric.

Hire and let employees do their work! You have some very qualified employees. Bob and Marsha you know what you know but have no clue how to run other areas... So don't!

Pride Photos