Pride
www.pridestores.com Springfield, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Pride Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014
Pride – Southwick – “Pride”

Marsha Del Monte

Wonderful Job (corporate)

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Pride part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat manager who always was pleasant to work for and with. If you work hard you will be rewarded and enjoy your work. Great vacation benefits for a part-time employee and very flexible if you needed time off to care for a family emergency. This is by far one of my most favorite jobs, if I didn't move out of the area I would definitely be staying with the company. Everyday was different and I never felt bored in my position. Great co-workers & an enjoyable work environment.

ConsThe only downside of the job is when you had to deal with difficult people who were customers, but even that can be handled by having a good attitude and doing your best to help them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are. You do a great job of caring for your employees both by compensation and be being concerned with their wellbeing.

Love my job

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is a fun and enjoyable place to work. They allow you time off to spend with your family. They have very competitive wages.

ConsI don't have anything bad to say about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You hire the best to achieve the best.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great opportunities for good employees to advance.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to advance in growing company.

ConsIf you can't handle being flexible in your work schedule, it will be a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable place to work. Provides an excellent work-life balance and generous salary and benefits.

Corporate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent people. Corporate environment is well-balanced. A lot of variety and interesting aspects of the business. A lot more people who enjoy working at Pride that don't post versus the few former employees who have posted.

ConsDifficult to shed unwarranted attempt to cast bad reviews and bad reputation from few prior employees. Interesting the reviews here who allege the environment is bad all were by employees who were employed for at least a year. Claiming something is terrible, yet continuing to work there, is contradictory and makes no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith success comes envy. Continue to do what you feel is in the best interest of the business and the employees.

Terrible inexperienced management and horrible owner

Sandwich Artist (Former Employee)
Chicopee, MA

I worked at Pride full-time for more than a year

ProsHours
Fun co-workers
Kind customers
Nothing else
Terrible company

ConsNever receive off time
Corporate staff mocks store staff
10 min breaks
No tipping policy, but instructed to put tips into drawer. Manager probably took it for herself

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat people

Current Corporate Employee

I have been working at Pride

ProsI work here now and I don't see where the negative reviews are coming from. I've had great experiences in my 2 years here

ConsI haven't seen any cons. Pride has a great work environment and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up the great work. Pride is a great place to work, our stores are clean and friendly, and our prices are very competitive.

great company!

Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, great coworkers, set hours

Conslength of drive to work

Worst place to work, Has the worst upper managment

Human Resources Department (Former Employee)

I worked at Pride full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is slightly above average for corporate employees, but low for store employees
Convenient location hours are not bad

ConsThe owner and president are pure evil. They both look down on the staff and have no respect for any employee. Have been told many times that the store employees are "stupid"
All rules and policies change almost daily. The owner forgets things then screams at everyone else for making the mistakes.
You will walk in every day thinking it will be your last, no matter if it is your first day, or 5th years with Pride.
You never know what your day will be like, it all depends on the mood of the two people in the corner offices... They could be nice, or make you walk out of their office in tears.
I have never worked for a company that treats the staff as poorly as they do. Trust me, it is not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner needs to give up control, you are a control freak who treats your team very poorly. And to the president, You are turning into Bob. You could change things but need that big check, put your people first and stand up to Bob

Happy to work at Pride Eastlongmeadow

Deli Team Leader (Current Employee)
Spfld (Long), MA

I have been working at Pride full-time for more than a year

ProsPride is a old school company they are all about customer service and hold very high standards I LOVE MY DELI JOB!!!

ConsNegative coworkers, because Pride has rules to follow when you are at work and god forbid they earn a honest paycheck!! What happened to getting to work on time ( or even getting to work sick, kid sick, car trouble, the way I was raised was show up and be thankful to get that check to pay your bills, we all things happen in life, and Pride respects that, so I am just saying Respect them back and be thankful and stop being negative!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the company and letting your team leaders give imput and ideas they may not all be good ideas, but for those of us that are as you say treating it like our own business, you know we take PRIDE in our jobs!! Thank You for the opportunity!!

Hard work but rewarding

Cashier + Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Pride part-time for more than a year

ProsPride was a good experience for me. The pay was better than my last two jobs. Training was thorough and gave me useful skills beyond just punching the clock. Skills I will use in my career going forward when I start my own business. During my 1st year as a cashier and 2nd as an asst. manager, I worked under a two managers; both were fair, supportive and considerate. When I needed help at the register or didn't understand something, they were always there for me and didn't make me feel bad about it. It was not like this at my other retail jobs in Springfield!

Customer service is super important to Pride; because I enjoy people and have a positive attitude it was a great fit for me. I also have a strong work-ethic and am detail-oriented, which helped a lot. When I gave my notice to go back to school they offered me an manager position and would work with schedule -- but I really need to devote all my time to school. I miss my friends and my regulars and stop in whenever I can to say hello!

ConsA lot is expected of you at Pride Stores - which for some folks is hard to handle. Some of my co-workers were not as motivated and had a hard time understanding how important customer service is. They were given opportunities to improve; but unfortunately couldn't adapt and didn't last very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure store staff are aware of incentive programs. Be more aware of vendors who don't deliver orders on time. Thanks for the opportunity.

Worked for Pride? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pride reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pride CEO Marsha Del Monte. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Pride employees.