Pride Stations & Stores Reviews

2.9
Marsha Del Monte

1. Great company

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

Good pay, great management teams

Cons

Constant change, flexibility is a must

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Pride for 3 years as a member of their management team. Pride has been a great company to work for, they hold true to their company values, treat all employees equally and with respect. Any problems that arise are taken care of immediately and in a professional manner. They provide a set schedule that allows you to have a life outside of work. They want every employee to succeed and train them for success. In the three years that I have worked here I have not had a negative experience and would recommend this company to everyone. Pride takes care of their employees.

Cons

There are only locations in Western Mass and Connecticut.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing; Marsha Del Monte does a great job.

3. .

Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Chicopee, MA
    Current Employee - Overnight Cashier in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

Good pay reliable set schedule transfers are pretty easy all over mass

Cons

.no communication your store team determines how good or bad of an experience u have

You Can Do Better Somewhere Else

Former Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Springfield, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is reasonably good.

Cons

Don’t work here. The leadership are like alcoholic parents: you don’t know what mood or what they want from day to day. Company loses 1 out of 3 in its of its workforce per year. That’s your odds of success. Not only is it a sick place to work, there are no substantial plans by leadership to improve the way business is done. However, some really, really nice people work there. Unfortunately for them, they are making good pay while enabling leadership to continue their abusive style of management. Don’t be fooled by their social networker who posts positive feedback on Glass Door to offset the truth.

Advice to Management

They don't take advice. They know everything.

A most horrendous experience.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are few pros for working here other than decent pay.

Cons

If you are on salary expect to work a ridiculous amount of free overtime in the name of being a leader. Be aware that you will be expected to so whatever management instructs you to do even when not quite right or safe. If you object you will be reminded that you work for Pride, not the government / OSHA / DEP or EPA / or state DOR'S. I have seen some criticism regarding people who stay working there if the conditions are so bad. In my case it was that there were no jobs available due to the economic downturn, and the money was good so you tend to justify dealing with horrible conditions for the paycheck. It is not worth the money. Also, if it is discovered that you are looking for work someplace else your replacement will be hired and a termination with cause will be engineered or conditions will be made to be so unbearable that you quit. I have helped engineer some teminations and put others in unbearable situations to cause them to quit for the upper management. This allows the company to avoid paying unemployment insurance. This company generally has 300 or so active employees however they mail out about 1200 W-2's a year. What does that tell you? Do yourself a favor and pass this company by.

Advice to Management

Treat people better when they work for you. Don't request your employees to stretch the law to serve your needs. Don't badmouth people that left years ago, otherwise they will write the truth on review sites.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck and that's all Nothing else

Cons

Everything about this company is bad. They way people are treated and talked to is the worse. High employee turnover. You could be fired at any point, even the corporate employees. They entice you with a nice starting salary, but as time goes on it is not worth it. Rules and expectations change on a daily basis. If your thinking about leaving your current job to work for this company, do not do it. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

stop treating people like crap.

Don't Even Think About Working Here!

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

None. This is honestly the worst work environment and company to work for.

Cons

The company makes promises and puts nothing in writing; then goes back on their words. Hostile and stressful work environment with people fearing that they will be fired on a daily basis. Micro managed at the top and you are just expected to do what you are told. High employee turnover rate. Long hours are expected and even if you take a lunch break it is frowned upon. I would not wish working here on my worst enemy, it's that bad.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and don't make false promises. Run a more professional organization with written documentation. What goes around comes around and the way you treat people will catch up to you and the organization.

Long and Exhausting

Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ludlow, MA

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

Good pay rate for low end job

Cons

Everything. Treats you like a borderline slave. Want a day off better fine someone to cover your shift because it's not there problem. Sick days?! Even if you have the flu they expect you to come in they don't care.

Advice to Management

Fix your company and be better to your employees

Not a good place to work, especially the corporate office.

I worked at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

Seems like a good job. Management appears to listen for the short term. It does not last however and the turnstile method of changing out people begins again.

Cons

Unusual micromanagement style of top management cripples efforts, enthusiasm, forward momentum and any good ideas brought forth by mid-managers. I could go on forever...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "CEO" and see the company for the opportunity it is.

GREAT COMPANY, GREAT BENEFITS

I have been working at Pride Stations & Stores

Pros

Great Company to work for been working here for close to 5 years and I love the enviroment, Great Managers and Great District Managers. They are here to answer your questions or even when you need time off they are very flexible. Nice to have Bob and Marsha come to your stores and care about the team and ask how we are doing. Alot of owners will not come out to stores and do what Pride do. Keep up the Good Work Pride you will have me here for 50 more years.

Cons

I don't have nothing bad to say. The only challenge I have is to have all these negative people talking about an excellent company. If you don't like what you are doing why you are still here. Something the company is doing right that you are still here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work.

RSS Feed </> Embed