Primary Residential Mortgage

Primary Residential Mortgage Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014

Primary Residential Mortgage President & CEO Dave Zitting

Dave Zitting

Great small office feel with big company support

MOrtgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBig company that is on top of compliance, which is huge deal in the mortgage industry. Efficient systems to manage pipelines

ConsFor such a big company, they lack in marketing and brand awareness. Relatively unknown in mortgage industry for the amount of production.

Solid

Loan Officer (Current Employee) Towson, MD

ProsLarge national company with local roots.

ConsInterest rates tend to be an 1/8+ higher than the competition

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should have better rates now that we are servicing a majority of our loans. Focus on giving the customer better rates which will allow for more business for the LO and happier clients.

PRMI is a great company. Success comes from having a team of like hearted and like minded people.

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Celebration, FL

ProsGreat Teamwork and Operations. Communication and training is excellent. PRMI as a whole keeps all of us protected by being on top of all the changes in the industry and ensures we all keep our standards above the rest. PRMI raises the Bar! Definitely a plus to be part of the Dionne Group in CT who give us LO's all the support we need to be successful.

ConsNeed to obtain a Foreign National Product

Advice to Senior ManagementForeign National Product.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most Toxic Work Environment I Have Seen

Corporate Office Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWork with some nice people
    Opportunity to gain experience

ConsNepotism -- hiring unqualified family and friends into positions of power
    Harassment -- sexual and personal harassment; daily bullying is a problem
    Poor wages -- severely underpaid and under-appreciated with minimal raises
    Poor job security -- track record of several layoffs, feared for my job
    Non-transparent environment -- not transparent with employees and Branch partners
    HR does not act fully on complaints -- slap on the wrists or just watching problems happen
    Unprofessional/toxic working environment -- hostile and vulgar work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress bullying, nepotism, and transparency issues

If you enjoy working for idiot & narcissist, PRMI is perfect for you.

Management (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe other employees share your pain & a bond is created that gets you through the day

ConsProfessionals punching a time clock? Come on!!! Being the Director of a department and being told "not to think" by the owner. Unbelievable! The worst employment decision of my life!

great training ground, good first job

Analyst (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Prosjob security. if show up you basically have a job for as long as you want

Consnepotism, frequent and long work hours. badly structured bonus system

Advice to Senior Managementreward those who work hard.

My experience with the company was one of frustration.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMoney-remote-ot when allowed-friendly-work with branches

ConsRespa and Compliance should not have been made the underwriters responsibility. This should have been completed by a separate department. The challanges of the outdated system and Compliance underwrite made it nearly impossible to meet the daily quota.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe system must be updated to today's needs and compliance should be completely seperate from the underwriters.

Current Employee-Very Satisfied With Direction Of Company

Loan Officer (Current Employee) Manchester, CT

ProsGreat business model to succeed in with management that recognize and appreciate that those out in the field are responsible for a huge part of the company's success. Corporate allows the people in the field to do what they do best-originate and close loans. Human Resources, Investor Relations, and Compliance all are handled by corporate which is huge in the present day environment.

ConsPricing can be slow to correct when there is a large market change. Most competitor's rates come back to normal faster than ours do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing (going to DC). Providing feedback to HUD about our industry is necessary and so important. Relaying what is coming down the pike and taking the necessary steps to make the best of what uninformed bureaucrats are dictating to us is vitally important to our success.

Primary Residential Mortgage

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can appreciate how the company was started and I was given an opportunity in Raleigh NC to work with the company. My experience was great and the owner then was concerned about people.

ConsTime it takes to complete a mtg. One may have credit problem that they could have help but wouldn't take the time to serve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt may not be that the client's credit may not be the best but to at least attempt to assist will aid them in getting more customers in the future.

It was very good

Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) Delray Beach, FL

Prosgreat on line processing systems

Consneed more management employee contact

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Primary Residential Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!