Primary Services Reviews

Reset
Regina Mellinger

1. CSR

I worked at Primary Services

Pros

Fast placement Great employees Multiple positions available Great opportunities Benefits available This staffing agency is the best at what they do and really enjoy helping their employees

Cons

Located in the Galleria area

Advice to Management

Continue to provide excellence, and I really enjoyed working with the representatives at the office.

2. Services has diminished

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a new candidate Primary is very helpful. They make sure to visit you once a month to give you a treat and to see how you are doing in your job. When you email them questions about benefits, they are quick to respond.

Cons

Once your contract is over, they are extremely difficult to reach. There is no communication between Primary and employee in regards to where your resume is being submitted or if it's being submitted.

Advice to Management

Following up on emails and phone calls sent from the employee should be answered in a timely matter. When they are not, the employee is left with the impression that you do not matter to the company.

3. Low morale in the office

I worked at Primary Services full-time

Pros

Some big name clients, majority of the people there are nice, some tenured people that have excellent lasting relationships

Cons

Big name companies...low low margin/markup, the Clients with higher markup/margin are the worst and make you question your integrity and morals, commission structure is set up so that the recruiters don't make any money and the sales people make it all, long hours with no overtime or comp time

Advice to Management

Stop putting sales on a pedestal, without the recruiters working 50-60 hours a week filling the low paying jobs that they bring in, they would be nothing.

5. Wonderful step for my career!

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Primary Services is very responsive, professional and genuinely wanted to help me further my career.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't have it any different.

6. cutlure is outstanding. people are nice and friendly

Current Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working as a contractor for Primary gives you the opportunity to work where you want without all of the corporate politics. The interview process is detailed and quick and they let you know whether you are a fit right away.

Cons

have to pay for parking.

Advice to Management

Keep doing such a good job.

Call in after your last day so you are not denied benefits for failing to call.

I worked at Primary Services

Pros

Good assignments Good pay rates Decent benefits Paid promptly

Cons

No communication from agency once you are on assignment. So happy to read review of 7/28/2014, particularly point #4. They did the same thing to me, even though I visited the agency after my assignment and went on interviews. I am appealing their decision to deny my benefits. Very disappointing after dedicating two years of service to them.

I worked at Primary Services

Pros

Fun company Treats employees well Room for growth

Cons

Everyone was sweet and I didn't have any cons in the summer I worked there

A great personable and growing company

I have been working at Primary Services

Pros

Quite turn around time, Good communication about timelines and expectation, Friendly Staff, Fortune 500 clients, Good understanding of the market

Cons

Not many. They are honest with people about pay rates and skill sets

10. Great place to work. Best people I have worked with so far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming out of college, I had a very hard time finding a job because of my retail background. After several months of searching, I finally received a call from Primary. The interview process was quick, and I was given some great feedback regarding my resume. The next few days I was called in for a second interview and then soon placed with them on a contract position. Within the first few weeks I was able to gain extensive experience and skills which have made me become successful. I am now a full-time employee, working with some amazing and talented people. I really feel that they have put in the time to set me up for succes. Pros: - Great people, friendly and professional environment, flexible, benefits,

Cons

So far everyhing has been a journey. It is a fast paced environment, but I feel that I have come to adapt to the pace.

Advice to Management

Thank you for getting my career started!

The worst staffing agency in Houston

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working with Primary Services is that you will be able to put a Fortune 500 company on your resume.

Cons

There are too many cons to list but I will start with the most important. Their pay is terrible. The recruiters just want to fill a job and make no effort to match your skills and desires for your career path with the company. They will make up lies to keep you from getting unemployment between assignments. There is poor communication internal and with the candidates. Their conflict resolutions between the client and candidate are poor, they offer no real guidance or assistance to help you be your best on the assignment. Interviewing with them is often a waste of time as it takes several months before they finally find a job to present you to that will most likely not be in your background or range of expertise, and once again at low pay.

Advice to Management

You need take a cue card from your clients and start practicing some corporate values. You need to stop low balling your candidates in their pay rate just so you can fatten your pockets. You need to have development measures in place for your candidates. You also need to take the time to get to know your candidates so that you place them in the right position. You are big enough and have been around long enough to know all this, it shouldn't have to be told to you.

RSS Feed </> Embed