Primary Services

www.primaryservices.com

Primary Services Reviews

Updated May 5, 2014
Primary Services – Houston – “We had a blast giving out Ben & Jerry's ice cream…”

Regina Mellinger

A great personable and growing company

ProsQuite turn around time, Good communication about timelines and expectation, Friendly Staff, Fortune 500 clients, Good understanding of the market

ConsNot many. They are honest with people about pay rates and skill sets

Overall this was the best experience I had working with a temporary agency

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey work with a lot of top companies in Houston. They provide long-term contract employment as well as a few direct hire opportunities.

ConsOnce you have worked on in a contract position for a long period of time it is easy to get disconnected from the recruiters. When my contract ended it was slightly difficult to get placed in another opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits such as vacation and health insurance should be better for long term contract employees.

LifeSaver

Doc Cnntrol (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI worked with them from 2001 - 2006, they were awesome, I worked with Helen and she was very nice and professional.

ConsI think they need to have more people like they did when they had Helen, now its seems they don't care as much.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all your recruiters are doing follow-ups with people who really have a lot to offer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK for recent grads .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot so much experience required.

Consno advancement. even if hired full time.

Difficult to work with and do not stick up for their employees/contractors

Analyst (Former Employee) Bartlesville, OK

ProsI was able to get placed at a Fortune 500 company with a good wage

ConsWhen I was informed that my contract was ended, it was abrupt and no prior notice. No reasons given as to why. When filed for unemployment, they challenged it causing it to be denied.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your contractors and find out how to partner with them and help resolve issues. Be an actual "Representative" for the contractors to help in their process and possible transition to full time employment

There are better agencies to work for out there.

Clerk (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAt times, they have some decent jobs in the area.

ConsThey will not communicate with you. If you are unhappy on a job site, you can expect that it will be turned into "what did you do wrong" as opposed to "how can we help". If you are not happy and give a notice, you will be let go immediately and they will not help you find another position, regardless of what they say.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind employment professionals who have genuine empathy for the people who make you money.

Great place to work. Best people I have worked with so far!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsComing out of college, I had a very hard time finding a job because of my retail background. After several months of searching, I finally received a call from Primary. The interview process was quick, and I was given some great feedback regarding my resume. The next few days I was called in for a second interview and then soon placed with them on a contract position. Within the first few weeks I was able to gain extensive experience and skills which have made me become successful. I am now a full-time employee, working with some amazing and talented people. I really feel that they have put in the time to set me up for succes.

Pros:
    - Great people, friendly and professional environment, flexible, benefits,

ConsSo far everyhing has been a journey. It is a fast paced environment, but I feel that I have come to adapt to the pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for getting my career started!

The worst staffing agency in Houston

Project Administrator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe only pro to working with Primary Services is that you will be able to put a Fortune 500 company on your resume.

ConsThere are too many cons to list but I will start with the most important. Their pay is terrible. The recruiters just want to fill a job and make no effort to match your skills and desires for your career path with the company. They will make up lies to keep you from getting unemployment between assignments. There is poor communication internal and with the candidates. Their conflict resolutions between the client and candidate are poor, they offer no real guidance or assistance to help you be your best on the assignment. Interviewing with them is often a waste of time as it takes several months before they finally find a job to present you to that will most likely not be in your background or range of expertise, and once again at low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need take a cue card from your clients and start practicing some corporate values. You need to stop low balling your candidates in their pay rate just so you can fatten your pockets. You need to have development measures in place for your candidates. You also need to take the time to get to know your candidates so that you place them in the right position. You are big enough and have been around long enough to know all this, it shouldn't have to be told to you.

A BIG waste of time. Don’t bother going for an interview.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros- Time Killer
    - Refresh your skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint

Cons- a waste of time
    - Unfriendly staff
    - Keep you at Temporary to make more commission for them (less money for you)
    - Stay away from this Temp Agency as your time will be better spent looking for jobs on your own

Advice to Senior Management- Show more initiative

LOW PAY, AND IF YOU DONT EXCEPT A LOW JOB THAT YOU OVER QUALIFIED THEY IGNORE YOU.

Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAble to work for Big Oil Gas companies

ConsPay sucks .. and they try to keep you as a temp.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be loyal to those that been working for you for a long while

Worked for Primary Services? Contribute to the Community!