Primary Services Reviews

Awesome payrolling service!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Helpful staff, never missed any of my paydays. Loved the electronic timekeeping process.

Cons

None that I can think of!

If considering please read to protect yourself- worked very hard to make sure I didn't get unemployment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor

Pros

They did exactly what they said they would: they got me an interview and I got the job. They paid weekly as promised. I worked for close to two years and the project ended.
    I got a mug for Christmas

Cons

Please read number 4 closely:
    1 "Benefits" were a joke
    2 Professional pay extremely low compared to other staffing companies. I needed the job
    3 Minimal communication between company and me during assignment
    4 There seemed to be an effort to make certain that I, and other fellow employees, were denied unemployment. Here's how: I spoke with Primary during my final week to make sure that I took care of everything i needed on my end and to be considered for future placement. My last day I had the same conversation with my staffing agent."what do I need to do next for a new job" and her reply was "nothing, I've got you in the system already". I kept checking back with her for updates and told the same thing. Flash forward to a few weeks when I'm being denied my UI. Why? Well, Primary has an actual process that is required to follow to be eligible for UI. It involves calling into a special number and announcing yourself as eligible for work- weekly! The UI office told me they had a piece of paper, helpfully supplied by Primary, stating that I agreed to follow this procedure or else will not receive benefits. Apparently fine print at the bottom of the application. So when I called this same person at Primary she professed to remember nothing of our past conversations.

do your research- you will see that I am not alone and it appears to be a deceit aimed at avoiding UI payments. Considering how much money I made that company (I know their profit margin and let's just say it's not the employees getting rich) it's insulting. Have been called over the years by them asking if I'd be interested in a project and I ask them if they've stopped that practice. No response until the next contact by a different person.

Just be transparent about everything. Pay market rates. Respect the employees working to keep you in the black and quit the UI denial game. I don't know how a class action lawsuit hasn't occurred yet.

A great personable and growing company

I have been working at Primary Services

Pros

Quite turn around time, Good communication about timelines and expectation, Friendly Staff, Fortune 500 clients, Good understanding of the market

Cons

Not many. They are honest with people about pay rates and skill sets

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall this was the best experience I had working with a temporary agency

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

They work with a lot of top companies in Houston. They provide long-term contract employment as well as a few direct hire opportunities.

Cons

Once you have worked on in a contract position for a long period of time it is easy to get disconnected from the recruiters. When my contract ended it was slightly difficult to get placed in another opportunity.

Benefits such as vacation and health insurance should be better for long term contract employees.

LifeSaver

Current Employee - Doc Cnntrol  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Doc Cnntrol in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services as a contractor

Pros

I worked with them from 2001 - 2006, they were awesome, I worked with Helen and she was very nice and professional.

Cons

I think they need to have more people like they did when they had Helen, now its seems they don't care as much.

Make sure all your recruiters are doing follow-ups with people who really have a lot to offer.

OK for recent grads .

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor

Pros

Not so much experience required.

Cons

no advancement. even if hired full time.

Difficult to work with and do not stick up for their employees/contractors

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was able to get placed at a Fortune 500 company with a good wage

Cons

When I was informed that my contract was ended, it was abrupt and no prior notice. No reasons given as to why. When filed for unemployment, they challenged it causing it to be denied.

Talk to your contractors and find out how to partner with them and help resolve issues. Be an actual "Representative" for the contractors to help in their process and possible transition to full time employment

There are better agencies to work for out there.

Former Employee - Clerk  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Primary Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

At times, they have some decent jobs in the area.

Cons

They will not communicate with you. If you are unhappy on a job site, you can expect that it will be turned into "what did you do wrong" as opposed to "how can we help". If you are not happy and give a notice, you will be let go immediately and they will not help you find another position, regardless of what they say.

Find employment professionals who have genuine empathy for the people who make you money.

Great place to work. Best people I have worked with so far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coming out of college, I had a very hard time finding a job because of my retail background. After several months of searching, I finally received a call from Primary. The interview process was quick, and I was given some great feedback regarding my resume. The next few days I was called in for a second interview and then soon placed with them on a contract position. Within the first few weeks I was able to gain extensive experience and skills which have made me become successful. I am now a full-time employee, working with some amazing and talented people. I really feel that they have put in the time to set me up for succes.

Pros:
    - Great people, friendly and professional environment, flexible, benefits,

Cons

So far everyhing has been a journey. It is a fast paced environment, but I feel that I have come to adapt to the pace.

Thank you for getting my career started!

The worst staffing agency in Houston

Current Employee - Project Administrator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primary Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro to working with Primary Services is that you will be able to put a Fortune 500 company on your resume.

Cons

There are too many cons to list but I will start with the most important. Their pay is terrible. The recruiters just want to fill a job and make no effort to match your skills and desires for your career path with the company. They will make up lies to keep you from getting unemployment between assignments. There is poor communication internal and with the candidates. Their conflict resolutions between the client and candidate are poor, they offer no real guidance or assistance to help you be your best on the assignment. Interviewing with them is often a waste of time as it takes several months before they finally find a job to present you to that will most likely not be in your background or range of expertise, and once again at low pay.

You need take a cue card from your clients and start practicing some corporate values. You need to stop low balling your candidates in their pay rate just so you can fatten your pockets. You need to have development measures in place for your candidates. You also need to take the time to get to know your candidates so that you place them in the right position. You are big enough and have been around long enough to know all this, it shouldn't have to be told to you.

Worked for Primary Services? Contribute to the Community!