Prime 8 Consulting Reviews

33 reviews filtered by
4.6
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

1. If Prime 8 looks like a fabulous place to work, that's because IT IS!

Current Employee - Office Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Prime 8, from the top down, is extraordinarily responsive and invested in each and every employee. Each employee receives a signed birthday card from the CEO. The owners make it a point to try to be aware of "life events" in the employees lives and acknowledge them, whether it's a new birth or a death in the family, a health issue , a wedding, or a personal issue. I also enjoy the opportunities they give us to meet the other employees who work here, through their monthly "Happy Hour/Prime 8 Talks" @ Carillon and their social events. I've been here since 2010 and seen up close from the front row how hard everyone works to make this a great place to work!

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives at this time, since my experience here has been so enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! It does not go unnoticed!

Enjoying project work

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Applied online and had been told good things about the company.

The interviews were detailed and I met with two Directors of the company. After about 1 week I worked with the Sales Director to interview with a client. The role with the client is great fit for me personally. I won the project and I onboarded quickly and have been working on the client site since starting.

So far I am really enjoying it and the move to this company was been easy. In particular I liked working with the Sales Director as he seems to really care about finding me the right role. The rest of the team was supportive and I am glad I am here.

Cons

1. There is no PTO as projects are paid hourly
    2. Work on client location and not at offices
    3. Do not have offices in CA

Advice to Management

The events are fun and training is something that I want to attend.

Employers that get the "big picture."

Current Contractor - Associate in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Prime8 consultants are placed within Microsoft, Boeing, Expedia, Amazon and more.
    Nicolette, Drew and their management team is responsive, proactive and involved with the onboarding and success of their employees.
    I have to ability to work remotely as needed, which is a huge advantage for work/life balance.

Cons

Prime 8 submitted me to the perfect position for my skills and professional goals. I only wish I could have found this job sooner.

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing opportunities for professional growth.

Prime 8's a wonderful local boutique with a lot of depth in High Tech and exciting growth prospects across industries

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture with a broad range of high caliber talent
    Competitive compensation but you need to consider that part of the salary should self fund PTO, down time between engagements, professional development, etc.
    Actively diversifying across industries to provide a broader client base, providing opportunities

Cons

I'm less than a month in, I haven't observed any major improvement needs

Advice to Management

None at this time

Wonderful Opportunities!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Prime 8 genuinely cares about you. They arrange for ongoing trainings, presentations about what other people in the company are working on and they expanding. I love that there are so many options to select from when contracting!

Cons

With any consulting/contracting company I think it's difficult to connect face to face since everyone works remotely.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunities for all of us to connect. Thank you for providing opportunities for getting together in social settings and supporting local charities.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - WW Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - WW Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meaningful roles with top companies and projects in the area. There's an amazing talent pool at Prime8 and strong network to help navigate your way while providing impactful results to the clients. It's been a breath of fresh air after being corporate American for so long.

Cons

There really are none. Prime8 offers benefits, 401k and competitive pay with flexibility. It's a consulting company, so if you don't like what your doing - you can always change to a new role to find your niche.

Advice to Management

Continue engagement with the team. It's always a good thing to do, even more so in a consulting company where employees are widely distributed (for the most part).

New Employee at Prime*

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Hungry team that collectively seeks out business, incenting frontline consultants to act as business developers.
    Very strong relations within MSFT, but have now expanded the book of business to include multiple fortune 500 in the Puget Sound.
    Strong sense team between consultant ... can always shoot an email to an expert and get a timely reply.
    Significant flexibility in managing your workload and work/life balance.

Cons

Not enough happy hour parties or other mechanism to meet fellow consultants f2f.

Advice to Management

Continue to proactively manage consultants as their professional growth depends more than churning projects. I would rate the team 4 of 5 at this point - doing well but could do more.
    Create more opportunities for consultants to meet f2f. I think are some network effects being lost because we don't know each other (I am sure there are dozen Prime8 consultants that I actually, but would need to meet in person to recognize).

Opportunities abound for the bold, brave, and extremely talented.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Imagine working for a company that only employs the very best people from any given area of expertise. Men and women who are masters of their respective domains and who are called upon to advise the most prominent companies in the Puget Sound. That's Prime 8.

It's an exciting place to work. The management truly cares about the experts it hires. The pay is great, the clients are huge, and the opportunities to advance your career are endless. If you like a quiet career, working in a silo with very clear objectives and a predictable future, surrounded by mediocrity, then Prime 8 is not for you. However, if you are the type of individual who aggressively strives to be the best, who takes full advantage of every opportunity presented to you, and just salivates at the chance to prove your mettle, then this, my friend, is the place you've been dreaming about.

Cons

It's not a traditional 9 to 5 job with predictable work patterns. One month you might be working long hours on a few exciting projects simultaneously, and other months you might be working on one longer, more boring project for a demanding client. It really depends on which projects happen to be available at the moment. Also, did I mention that some clients can be extremely demanding? Considering the high quality brand that Prime 8 represents though, this is to be expected and should be embraced as a challenge. There are few things more satisfying than taking a difficult client and turning them into a happy customer.

Advice to Management

Frequent meetings with each of your consultants is a must. I can't overstate how valuable it has been for me to have my boss take time out of his busy day, often driving some distance, just to make sure he meets up with me once a week. The end result is that you always feel connected with the rest of Prime 8, even if you happen to be doing work off at a client's site for an extended period of time, and, perhaps most importantly, it becomes obvious to you that you and your work is valued.

Great place to work

Current Contractor - Senior Associate in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work - particularly after and compared to a long stint at Microsoft .
    Get to focus on my tasks and clients with a minimum of unnecessary overhead in the form of meeting and processes

Cons

Lack of job security, engagements are too short ; 18 month MS Contracting limitation is a concern

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Great Consulting company

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Prime 8 is a great company to consult through. They not only ensure that you find the best possible contract work, but provide great personal development training.

Cons

Cant think of any cons here.

Advice to Management

Great job!!

Prime 8 Consulting Photos