Prime 8 Consulting Reviews

4.7
Prime 8 Consulting Founder & CEO Drew Sharp
Drew Sharp

1. Consultant

Pros

Great team so far! Account lead is very engaged and leadership communicates frequently! Seems to be many opportunities to work on different account/clients. Prime 8 also has a good reputation with the few clients I know so I'm definitely impressed! Excited to be part of the team !!

Cons

No paid vacation so far, although I hear that may change soon

Advice to Management

Paid vacation and salary model would be great to see! Understand there is risk; pros/cons. However it would be a great option for new joiners especially!! There are also periods/years where it would be beneficial to be on a salary model.

6 Months in and Love it

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined about 6 months ago and am having a wonderful experience so far. I am working for an amazing client and on a project that really makes an impact. I have worked for 2 other consulting companies including a global one and can say that this place is just as good as the global company. For example my account manager worked with me during onboarding and during first weeks. He also has worked for a global consulting firm so he knew what my expectations were. The company benefits are wonderful and I use the 401K plan for savings. The healthcare is better than most from what I can tell. They have company events that are low pressure and FUN. They seem to be adding new people each week and my team has been growing with fellow consultants. So far I have had a great time.

Cons

Maybe just that offices are open plan and not always private. Had to buy my own laptop - said it was bring own device company. That is it so far.

Advice to Management

You have nice team.

Senior Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities and great culture. Fantastic leadership and collaboration. Great balance between Tech and business, also great work life balance.

Cons

Not growing fast enough. Although a senior business management company it needs to also be open to staffing etc.

Advice to Management

roll the dice on people so you can be aggressive on the client side and in return grow and add more consultants thus equaling more revenue.

If Prime 8 looks like a fabulous place to work, that's because IT IS!

Current Employee - Office Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Prime 8, from the top down, is extraordinarily responsive and invested in each and every employee. Each employee receives a signed birthday card from the CEO. The owners make it a point to try to be aware of "life events" in the employees lives and acknowledge them, whether it's a new birth or a death in the family, a health issue , a wedding, or a personal issue. I also enjoy the opportunities they give us to meet the other employees who work here, through their monthly "Happy Hour/Prime 8 Talks" @ Carillon and their social events. I've been here since 2010 and seen up close from the front row how hard everyone works to make this a great place to work!

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives at this time, since my experience here has been so enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! It does not go unnoticed!

Enjoying project work

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Applied online and had been told good things about the company. The interviews were detailed and I met with two Directors of the company. After about 1 week I worked with the Sales Director to interview with a client. The role with the client is great fit for me personally. I won the project and I onboarded quickly and have been working on the client site since starting. So far I am really enjoying it and the move to this company was been easy. In particular I liked working with the Sales Director as he seems to really care about finding me the right role. The rest of the team was supportive and I am glad I am here.

Cons

1. There is no PTO as projects are paid hourly 2. Work on client location and not at offices 3. Do not have offices in CA

Advice to Management

The events are fun and training is something that I want to attend.

Prime 8's a wonderful local boutique with a lot of depth in High Tech and exciting growth prospects across industries

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture with a broad range of high caliber talent Competitive compensation but you need to consider that part of the salary should self fund PTO, down time between engagements, professional development, etc. Actively diversifying across industries to provide a broader client base, providing opportunities

Cons

I'm less than a month in, I haven't observed any major improvement needs

Advice to Management

None at this time

Wonderful Opportunities!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Prime 8 genuinely cares about you. They arrange for ongoing trainings, presentations about what other people in the company are working on and they expanding. I love that there are so many options to select from when contracting!

Cons

With any consulting/contracting company I think it's difficult to connect face to face since everyone works remotely.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunities for all of us to connect. Thank you for providing opportunities for getting together in social settings and supporting local charities.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - WW Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - WW Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meaningful roles with top companies and projects in the area. There's an amazing talent pool at Prime8 and strong network to help navigate your way while providing impactful results to the clients. It's been a breath of fresh air after being corporate American for so long.

Cons

There really are none. Prime8 offers benefits, 401k and competitive pay with flexibility. It's a consulting company, so if you don't like what your doing - you can always change to a new role to find your niche.

Advice to Management

Continue engagement with the team. It's always a good thing to do, even more so in a consulting company where employees are widely distributed (for the most part).

Great Consulting company

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prime 8 is a great company to consult through. They not only ensure that you find the best possible contract work, but provide great personal development training.

Cons

Cant think of any cons here.

Advice to Management

Great job!!

Don't do it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Prime 8 Consulting full-time

Pros

They give a great sales pitch but don't deliver! They will hire you on and then when you get your first paycheck the amount will be different than agreed upon. If you do hire on check each paystub. They are usually wrong and since they pay once a month you will be out your pay for two months. The sales guy is a well dressed used car salesman but he has less scruples than that. The first week you start they will ask you to do a survey so they can be perceived to be one of the best places in Seattle to work. NOT!!!

Cons

All of the above.

RSS Feed </> Embed