Prime Communications

www.primecomms.com

Prime Communications Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Farid Virani

Pros
  • Very easy job for a recent college graduate (in 5 reviews)

• Decent pay compared to fast food industry and big box retail (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The 'prime' skill middle and upper management possess is that of passing the buck (in 12 reviews)

• Store managers and district managers frequently get demoted with no notice or reason (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights
15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsHuge opportunities for company growth; Job advancement always available; Family atmosphere; Strong leadership team; Great benefits; Positive office culture; Fluid work schedule; Understanding and responsive management team; Company loyalty evident!

ConsCorporate office location could be a little far depending on residence, but hardly a concern for most!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and we thank you for all that you do!

Great Company and Always room to grow.

Accounts Payable (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsYou can work your way up if you are a hard worker.. I started as an employee and moved all the way up to several different positions in the Home Office. And the owner truly cares about his employees. When I hear people complain about what they do for a living I can’t help but grin because I am one of the few lucky ones that can say I have a job that I look forward to going to everyday.

ConsFast growing company and you must be able to adapt to change as this company is always growing. I think most of the people who do not grow and leave the company have a hard time dealing with change. I really don’t have any Cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep showing how much you care about your employees.

Jul 18, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Awesome place to work. Great environment.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lake Jackson, TX

ProsLeadership, Values, Multi Tasking Responsibility ability to grow within this company.

ConsBetter employee Benefits, Sick Time,

Advice to Senior ManagementPrime is a great place to work. You can gain a lot of experience in sales, management and this company is awesome at helping people to grow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My coworkers are such a joy to work with, that we maintain a great relationship in and out of work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsEmployees are really valued here, whether it be in the corporate office or out in the field.

ConsNot the most exciting, but you cant expect much more from a desk job. Raises should be much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work to get us better raises, and its ok to takle us out on lunches once in a while!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your review

My experience with Prime Communications has been amazing by far.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI would have to say the reason I like working for Prime would be the friendly environment and learning about the upcoming changes in the wireless world.

ConsStarting off I would say the cons would have to be learning everything and doing it correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen it comes to learning some individuals are hands on.

Unprofessional and anti-employee.

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDecent pay compared to fast food industry and big box retail.

ConsBasically a tool to allow AT&T to expand their retail footprint while not having to sully themselves with the PR hit that cutting wages and benefits would entail. Hours were completely unpredictable. Often we would be told there is a meeting the very next day and that we would have to reschedule our day off. Impossible to have any kind of life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for advancement. Don't burn out your managers. Provide better pay and benefits. Stop union-busting.

ok

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Proseasy job good money if you try hard enough

ConsIt wasnt the greatest culture and middle management wasnt very ethical

The Worst AT&T Dealer - Rude, Underpaid, & Unprofessional

AT&T Prime Communication Sales Associate (Former Employee) Humble, TX

Prosif you work HARD... and I mean HARD.. then your commission will be satisfactory.
    willing to give you the hours
    easy job if you work in the mall.
    employees are pretty cool to work with.

Consthey always make you screw ppl over on their bills adding extra features for more money in the sellers pockets & less in your customers.
    no raises.
    no flexibility.
    work you like you are a slave.
    Unprofessional when it comes to management.
    -I was sexually harassed by my manager (which was moved to another location after I sent an email to my DM) when they moved him he had the same issue with another girl in which they just relocated her to another location. I mean what does it take for a woman to get any respect these days.
    they find every reason to take your commission from you whether its "chargebacks" or "Misc"

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it professional. A lot of your locations close due to complaints. They have complaints because of the ill-mannered people you hired.

Don't waste your time and seek carrer with this scam

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt was good in 2006, before Radio shack team took over.

ConsEveryday is a challenge. Not organized , lots of racism and favourism.worked 8 years and believe me I am not exagerating.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote folks arrocding to merit and seniority, not by race and physical attraction. Stop changing comp structure so much 5 times in a year is really shady. Arshad Fancy should be fired. Mr Farid should take notice of this and get more involved in houston market,

Uninspired and negative corporate culture.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsWork is easy and as long as your actions are recorded in writing by you, you will get through the day. Annual review means as long as you meet minimum requirements for job, you will receive a raise.

ConsManagement is flaky, decisions are made with little to no thought regarding business logic or financial consequences. The 'prime' skill middle and upper management possess is that of passing the buck. Everyone is willing to blame one another for incidents and mistakes, but no one is willing to find a solution. Also, all departments are not kept at same expectations or levels... favoritism runs deep.

Advice to Senior Management1. Stop putting the sales field on a pedestal -- they are costing you money and corporate talent!
    2. If you have an Annual review, make it more beneficial than a superficial circus act... reviews should give employees genuine feedback regarding their work, not be a general 'good job' for all when there are clear work discrepancies.
    3. If you want talented individuals to remain at Prime, provide career opportunities and benefits worthy of their time and skills. If you don't value their time, they will look elsewhere.

Worked for Prime Communications? Contribute to the Community!