Prime Communications Reviews

3.5
Farid Virani

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge opportunities for company growth; Job advancement always available; Family atmosphere; Strong leadership team; Great benefits; Positive office culture; Fluid work schedule; Understanding and responsive management team; Company loyalty evident!

Cons

Corporate office location could be a little far depending on residence, but hardly a concern for most!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and we thank you for all that you do!

Aug 8, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Working for Prime Communications was an opportunity to learn how NOT to run a business.

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very willing to promote from within and the salary for the corporate office in Sugar Land is definitely decent for living in the Houston, TX area, especially since they require no real education or background to perform the tasks at hand. The staff was filled with really great people who genuinely cared about helping out the sales field.

Cons

From starting at the bottom in the sales field, my experience with Prime has pretty much been negative from the beginning. The sales field pay is terrible, and commission is hard to earn unless you are lucky enough to land a location with great traffic. Operational standards don't exist, and upper management wonders why internal theft and time clock fraud actually happen. Sales leadership actually has their staff clock out and continue to work for free once they come close to overtime. The turnover rate of the field is literally 90%, coming from CFO of the company. And once I received a position at the company's corporate office it became very evident how morally corrupt this company really is. Upper management had no soul when it came to firing innocent people. If a store got broken in to or robbed at gun point they would fire the manager or the whole staff. I was actually told to blame an armed robbery on the the staff member present at the time. They don't even provide counselling for their staff after armed robberies! And the internal favoritism is vomit-inducing. Owners hire a lot of unqualified family members who would rather spend their days gossiping about the rest of the staff, causing unnecessary drama and stress. And, instead of firing these unqualified individuals they constantly put them in charge of different departments they know nothing about and run them into ground. Oh, and if you bring any of this to the attention of HR or their respective superior you immediately become the person at fault. If you submit a formal letter of complaint you with subsequently be punished. Annual reviews are a complete joke where you are actually told to rate yourself poorly. Ultimately, my experience at Prime Communications was a great life lesson on how a terrible business continues to ruin their employees lives.

Advice to Management

Don't wait for good people to leave before making essential leadership changes. Listen to your staff when they come to you with critical workplace issues, instead of berating them for standing up for themselves. Treat your staff with dignity and respect and maybe the turnover rate wouldn't be so high for a company that seems relatively successful.

3. Great Company and Always room to grow.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can work your way up if you are a hard worker.. I started as an employee and moved all the way up to several different positions in the Home Office. And the owner truly cares about his employees. When I hear people complain about what they do for a living I can’t help but grin because I am one of the few lucky ones that can say I have a job that I look forward to going to everyday.

Cons

Fast growing company and you must be able to adapt to change as this company is always growing. I think most of the people who do not grow and leave the company have a hard time dealing with change. I really don’t have any Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep showing how much you care about your employees.

Jul 18, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

5. Awesome place to work. Great environment.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Jackson, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Jackson, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership, Values, Multi Tasking Responsibility ability to grow within this company.

Cons

Better employee Benefits, Sick Time,

Advice to Management

Prime is a great place to work. You can gain a lot of experience in sales, management and this company is awesome at helping people to grow.

Thanks for your review

6. My coworkers are such a joy to work with, that we maintain a great relationship in and out of work.

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Employees are really valued here, whether it be in the corporate office or out in the field.

Cons

Not the most exciting, but you cant expect much more from a desk job. Raises should be much better.

Advice to Management

Please work to get us better raises, and its ok to takle us out on lunches once in a while!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your review

7. My experience with Prime Communications has been amazing by far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would have to say the reason I like working for Prime would be the friendly environment and learning about the upcoming changes in the wireless world.

Cons

Starting off I would say the cons would have to be learning everything and doing it correctly.

Advice to Management

When it comes to learning some individuals are hands on.

Unprofessional and anti-employee.

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Decent pay compared to fast food industry and big box retail.

Cons

Basically a tool to allow AT&T to expand their retail footprint while not having to sully themselves with the PR hit that cutting wages and benefits would entail. Hours were completely unpredictable. Often we would be told there is a meeting the very next day and that we would have to reschedule our day off. Impossible to have any kind of life outside of work.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for advancement. Don't burn out your managers. Provide better pay and benefits. Stop union-busting.

9. ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy job good money if you try hard enough

Cons

It wasnt the greatest culture and middle management wasnt very ethical

The Worst AT&T Dealer - Rude, Underpaid, & Unprofessional

Former Employee - AT&T Prime Communication Sales Associate in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - AT&T Prime Communication Sales Associate in Humble, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if you work HARD... and I mean HARD.. then your commission will be satisfactory.
    willing to give you the hours
    easy job if you work in the mall.
    employees are pretty cool to work with.

Cons

they always make you screw ppl over on their bills adding extra features for more money in the sellers pockets & less in your customers.
    no raises.
    no flexibility.
    work you like you are a slave.
    Unprofessional when it comes to management.
    -I was sexually harassed by my manager (which was moved to another location after I sent an email to my DM) when they moved him he had the same issue with another girl in which they just relocated her to another location. I mean what does it take for a woman to get any respect these days.
    they find every reason to take your commission from you whether its "chargebacks" or "Misc"

Advice to Management

Keep it professional. A lot of your locations close due to complaints. They have complaints because of the ill-mannered people you hired.

Don't waste your time and seek carrer with this scam

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was good in 2006, before Radio shack team took over.

Cons

Everyday is a challenge. Not organized , lots of racism and favourism.worked 8 years and believe me I am not exagerating.

Advice to Management

promote folks arrocding to merit and seniority, not by race and physical attraction. Stop changing comp structure so much 5 times in a year is really shady. Arshad Fancy should be fired. Mr Farid should take notice of this and get more involved in houston market,

Prime Communications Photos