Prime Communications Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
126 reviews filtered by
3.6
Farid Virani

Pros
  • If you work hard for Prime they reward you with advancement opportunity and great pay (in 7 reviews)

• Upward mobility - this company is growing quickly (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Constantly micromanaged, based on 1 sale upper management might see (in 13 reviews)

• Conference calls at 830AM you don't get paid for, and on your day off (in 5 reviews)

1. District Manager

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prime Communications is the best company I've worked for. You are sent through a great training program and your training is ongoing, so you never feel like you don't know what you are doing. They continually promote from within, so advancement is quite possible if you work hard. They have a very nice base wage and the commission potential is substantial. The support structure is immense and the people who work here are fabulous.

Cons

If you're not willing to put in 110% and aren't hungry to earn money, this is not the job for you.

2. THE BEST PLACE TO GET A TRUE CAREER

Current Employee - Flagship Retail Store Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Flagship Retail Store Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay plan, Incentives every month, always able to advance in company

Cons

Earning what you put in the job

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency up and always breakdown the reasons why things are important

3. I love my job and this company

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Kilgore, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Kilgore, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of contests to do you win stuff a lot. They have market rallys. And The training classes are fun. The work environment is awesome.

Cons

We are short handed and have to work quite a bit right now. kind of exhausting.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Just make sure some of the stores have enough employees.

Retail Store Manager

Current Employee - RMS
    Current Employee - RMS

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have gained a ton of support from my upper management. ALWAYS treated with the upmost respect. I have worked closely with my district and regional manager who both take my success personally. The CEO and VP of my district have personally came to my district and looked me in the eye and asked what can they do to help my store and employees. And the requests were filled in a timely manner.

Cons

Not being able to find the proper employees who respect, work hard, and appreciate the hard work of upper management.

Advice to Management

Keep providing an environment that proves to be respectful and productive.

6. Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at Prime Communications

Pros

Decent Pay
    Family Environment
    Great people

Cons

40+Opps to qualify for commission
    Better practices
    More advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Better Benefits

7. Better than minimum wage, but make sure you're obsessed with sales and nothing else

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist

I have been working at Prime Communications

Pros

Flexible hours at least at my store, lots of down time which means less commission but basically being paid to do nothing, get to see the latest technology first, pretty easy job

Cons

All of my coworkers quit but me and Prime is on a "hiring freeze" and won't hire anyone else meaning I work open to close alone very often without any breaks for toilet or lunch. My manager and the District manager are very insistent on putting things on people's accounts even if they don't want them so that we can earn more money. Not the most ethical, very sales obsessed.

Advice to Management

Make sure your stores have more than one non-managerial employee.

8. Worst company to work for

Former Employee - RSM (Retail Store Manager)
    Former Employee - RSM (Retail Store Manager)

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't think of one good pro for this company, because it lacks so much.

Cons

Lack of sales quality reps, IT Support is based overseas and can't understand a word they are saying, NO PAYED HOLIDAYS, SPLIT DAYS OFF, Unreachable goals that are just made up 7 days after your in that current month. So the more you sell, the high they raise your goal. Sales you sold, and features get charged back regardless if it's still active. You can fight the charged back, but nothing happens, conference calls on days your off, "no pay". Upper management forces you to make calls, which is against ATT policy. And lack payed vacations. There's days you see 1 customer all day. And 35 calls from upper managerment. Commission deductions for products that are impossible to sell. And the lack of quality POS computers. Once you leave, 6 months after, you will get your last commission check, so they can charge back as much as they can, and because you don't work for them, you have no way of checking what was actually charged backed. Was it legit?

Advice to Management

Follow the rules, change the pay plans, offer accuring vaction time for managers and up. Have local IT reps in the areas for help, provided faster and reliable POS computers.

Great company to work for...

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

This is a good company to work for. Advice to anyone out there working in the sales field: Work your way to the corporate office. Your knowledge from the sales field is appreciated and well compensated.

Cons

Quit calling your sales force "bodies", they are people and need to be treated as such

Advice to Management

Train, train, train. Keep the company growing by learning and investing in your people.

So far, so good. Growing company which gives you the opportunity to grow along with them!

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A pretty good environment to work at. Yes, customers can sometimes be tricky but the inside environment is great and fun. Leadership is fair and they will allow you the opportunity to showcase yourself. If you are motivated, you can shine. The company is growing by the day which makes it exciting and gives you the motivation to stick around and challenge yourself to grow. I have been with this company for a while now and I can tell you that it is getting better. This company has changed a lot in the last couple of years in a positive way.

Cons

AT&T tends to change up the rules a lot which makes it frustrating to keep up. Rules and payout change often and you have to be able to adapt. This also forces management to focus on different areas in selling and retail, you have to be tolerant and prepared. Goals and numbers are what makes up this company and what this company is all about.

Advice to Management

Just be consistent in what you preach and teach. Employees are people too.

Good and Bad, watch out for upper management! Great experience

Former Employee - AT&T Prime Communication Sales Associate in Latham, NY
    Former Employee - AT&T Prime Communication Sales Associate in Latham, NY

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay a solid 10$ an hr base pay with commission. Great team work. Co-workers are wonderful. 40hr a week job. nice stepping stone towards a better career.

Cons

Upper Management is terrible and abusive, as well as manipulative. You don't see a commission check for 3 months so your living on minimum wage for a while, so save up! You have to reach a quote each month and if you don't you get squat. early months of the year are difficult. they're will be days with no customers and therefore you will be very bored.

Advice to Management

focus on the customers needs more and stop looking at employees as tools, instead treat them as the humans they are.

Prime Communications Photos