Prime Communications

Updated November 2, 2014
Updated November 2, 2014
3.6

Farid Virani

Pros
  • If you work hard for Prime they reward you with advancement opportunity and great pay (in 7 reviews)

• Upward mobility - this company is growing quickly (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Constantly micromanaged, based on 1 sale upper management might see (in 13 reviews)

• Conference calls at 830AM you don't get paid for, and on your day off (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Huge opportunities for company growth; Job advancement always available; Family atmosphere; Strong leadership team; Great benefits; Positive office culture; Fluid work schedule; Understanding and responsive management team; Company loyalty evident!

Cons

Corporate office location could be a little far depending on residence, but hardly a concern for most!

Keep up the great work and we thank you for all that you do!

Aug 8, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Working for Prime Communications was an opportunity to learn how NOT to run a business.

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Analyst in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is very willing to promote from within and the salary for the corporate office in Sugar Land is definitely decent for living in the Houston, TX area, especially since they require no real education or background to perform the tasks at hand. The staff was filled with really great people who genuinely cared about helping out the sales field.

Cons

From starting at the bottom in the sales field, my experience with Prime has pretty much been negative from the beginning. The sales field pay is terrible, and commission is hard to earn unless you are lucky enough to land a location with great traffic. Operational standards don't exist, and upper management wonders why internal theft and time clock fraud actually happen. Sales leadership actually has their staff clock out and continue to work for free once they come close to overtime. The turnover rate of the field is literally 90%, coming from CFO of the company. And once I received a position at the company's corporate office it became very evident how morally corrupt this company really is. Upper management had no soul when it came to firing innocent people. If a store got broken in to or robbed at gun point they would fire the manager or the whole staff. I was actually told to blame an armed robbery on the the staff member present at the time. They don't even provide counselling for their staff after armed robberies! And the internal favoritism is vomit-inducing. Owners hire a lot of unqualified family members who would rather spend their days gossiping about the rest of the staff, causing unnecessary drama and stress. And, instead of firing these unqualified individuals they constantly put them in charge of different departments they know nothing about and run them into ground. Oh, and if you bring any of this to the attention of HR or their respective superior you immediately become the person at fault. If you submit a formal letter of complaint you with subsequently be punished. Annual reviews are a complete joke where you are actually told to rate yourself poorly. Ultimately, my experience at Prime Communications was a great life lesson on how a terrible business continues to ruin their employees lives.

Don't wait for good people to leave before making essential leadership changes. Listen to your staff when they come to you with critical workplace issues, instead of berating them for standing up for themselves. Treat your staff with dignity and respect and maybe the turnover rate wouldn't be so high for a company that seems relatively successful.

Great Company and Always room to grow.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can work your way up if you are a hard worker.. I started as an employee and moved all the way up to several different positions in the Home Office. And the owner truly cares about his employees. When I hear people complain about what they do for a living I can’t help but grin because I am one of the few lucky ones that can say I have a job that I look forward to going to everyday.

Cons

Fast growing company and you must be able to adapt to change as this company is always growing. I think most of the people who do not grow and leave the company have a hard time dealing with change. I really don’t have any Cons.

Keep showing how much you care about your employees.

Jul 18, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

My coworkers are such a joy to work with, that we maintain a great relationship in and out of work.

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Employees are really valued here, whether it be in the corporate office or out in the field.

Cons

Not the most exciting, but you cant expect much more from a desk job. Raises should be much better.

Please work to get us better raises, and its ok to takle us out on lunches once in a while!!!!!!!!!

Jun 26, 2014Onboarding Manager

Thanks for your review

Uninspired and negative corporate culture.

I have been working at Prime Communications full-time

Pros

Work is easy and as long as your actions are recorded in writing by you, you will get through the day. Annual review means as long as you meet minimum requirements for job, you will receive a raise.

Cons

Management is flaky, decisions are made with little to no thought regarding business logic or financial consequences. The 'prime' skill middle and upper management possess is that of passing the buck. Everyone is willing to blame one another for incidents and mistakes, but no one is willing to find a solution. Also, all departments are not kept at same expectations or levels... favoritism runs deep.

1. Stop putting the sales field on a pedestal -- they are costing you money and corporate talent!
    2. If you have an Annual review, make it more beneficial than a superficial circus act... reviews should give employees genuine feedback regarding their work, not be a general 'good job' for all when there are clear work discrepancies.
    3. If you want talented individuals to remain at Prime, provide career opportunities and benefits worthy of their time and skills. If you don't value their time, they will look elsewhere.

A Career Stepping Stone Company

Former Employee - Employee in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Prime Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Prime is a great place for someone who is new in their career field, whether it be sales, HR, IT, supply or whatever.

Cons

Pay is below industry standards. Lots of corruption at the corporate level, bending rules to make the quick buck. A lot of racial discrimination, if you are not Arabic, Middle Eastern or from India, your job will always be on the line. Personal friends and family members are hired and kept on, regardless of skills or work ethic.

Policies change almost every week and the field/corporate are expected to shift gears at the drop of the hat. There is very little communication and/or facilitation between the field and corporate, resulting in lost revenue, missing supplies or any other negative.

There is a constant shift of executive level employees, new people coming in, regions shifting to different leadership. This causes a ton of problems for the field level stores.

Either have a 100% company audit from an independent member or close the doors. This company is nothing but bad news as long as you continue to be corrupt and discriminatory.

Great place to work

I have been working at Prime Communications

Pros

Fair company, great room for advancement IF you make the effort, whether it be in sales, management, or home office.

Cons

Pay scale is less than other companies, and although company is still growing, health benefit costs are high. Work load can be stressful in the sales field because of the retail nature of the business.

Training to improve those that are worth training. Employees give a lot to keep this company running, it's time to give back and show appreciation. The sales field is what keeps the ball rolling, and they are the under appreciated.

Jun 26, 2014Onboarding Manager