Prime Distribution Services

Updated May 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark R. Holden

the experience was great, the employees were very friendly and good teammates.

Director of Business Development (Former Employee) Plainfield, IN

ProsPrime is a part of a large organization that keeps on growing year over year

Consthe company is good to work for it is the upper management that needs to be replaced

Advice to Senior Managementchange the attitude and treat employees with dignity and respect

25 years working in distribution management, this was the worst employer ever.

Special Project Manager (Former Employee) Stockton, CA

ProsWow I can not think of one. Seriously.

ConsManagement lies to employees. They do not abide by California labor laws. Do not pay double time for working over 12 hours in a shift. They believe that because they are headquartered in Indiana that California labor laws don't apply to them. That's wrong! The facility is unsafe and should be the poster child for the Teamsters. They need the union there. They abuse the hourly staff and take advantage of people trying to earn a living. I was let go for not possessing the needed "skill set". OK, after 25 years in distribution management...right. But then they tell the state that I quit on the spot with no notice. I don't think so. That's why I say they are liars.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelope a work ethic. Learn about the labor laws in the states where you do business.

Don't Bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob was fun, coworkers at the time were great people, pay and benefits were very good based on a 40-55 hour work wee.

ConsUnrealistic expectations from management, the guys running the company are more concerned with themselves and how much they can make off the backs of those doing the actual work. Work life balance doesn't exists, mid level managers are expected to do nothing but work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out on the floor more and learn what your people do. You say you understand the jobs, but you have no idea.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely Unorganized

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Plainfield, IN

ProsThe only positive were the people I worked with. Very hard workers given the amount of work and the skeleton crew they were trying to get by with doing that work!!

ConsHonestly, I'm not sure where to even begin. When I had interviewed with the company I was not informed by HR that the company had just been bought by another company two weeks prior. ( If I had know this to be the case I would not have taken the job as I had been through a similar situation with my previous employer). From the interview I was informed that their was lots of paperwork of which I would be dealing with and I just chalked it up to the time of year ( Holiday Season) of which I was hired. This was not the case at all!

The reason behind all of the paperwork was because they didn't have enough people to handle it all. With the checking and rechecking (by other employees) when you only have 5 to 6 customer service people and they do everything short of actually loading the freight onto the trailers it's no wonder you had your best CSR leave. Having the Warehouse Managers breathing down your neck does not help!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. It's no wonder you have lost your number one Customer!

If your customer service reps have to work almost 60 hours just to get work done that should be a warning sign that something is amiss!!

EVEN THE WORK LOAD!!

Having a CSR being responsible for almost 50 Distribution Centers and another one responsible for only 6 that's a problem!!!

Changes, But Not for the Better....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsOne of the few reasons to work here is the people you work with, by that I mean your co-workers...not most of management. I used to feel a sense of job security (our customer is Walmart...and they're not closing up shop anytime soon), however, over the last year or two changes have been made in management that lessen my sense of job security.

ConsThe communication between management and the people that work on the floor is pathetic...and obvious sensible changes to improve everything from productivity to morale are never made and barely even mentioned. The bonus program is a joke...the company gets more and more profitable and the little guys are given less and less, as though the people who are working the hardest aren't the ones mainly responsible for ever increasing profits. Management is oblivious when it comes to motivating its employees, rewarding them or really even letting them make suggestions for improvement that will actually be considered. Many of the people that work here are nice, down to earth people who work hard and don't complain...even when they should. The HR department is also joke, and the company could care less about grooming its employees for advancement. Many of your workers are unhappy....and either you couldn't care less or are completely unaware.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs if they'd listen...or read this, but: Consider and realize how valuable your employees, particularly your hourly workers, are to the success of the company and the increase in profits. Take the time to find out what isn't working by talking to those that actually do the work...and make changes for the better. Make an effort to be consistent, in many areas, because a serious lack of consistency frustrates your workforce...daily.

Change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plainfield, IN

ProsGood industry and niche reputation. A lot of operation control put in the hands of floor managers. Promote from within opportunities.

ConsGoing through changes in ownership. Poor communication on the strategy for growth. Poor communication on changes in the company. Leadership is not good a developing people. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart developing people in the organization so that future leaders are prepared to move up in the organization. Communicate better internally for all of the changes being implemented. Give team member the opportunity to adjust to the changes.

Worked for Prime Distribution Services? Contribute to the Community!