PrimeFlight Aviation Services

Mike Wein

1. Not worth 7.50

Former Employee - Cabin Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cabin Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of overtime and good co workers

Cons

Management lost original contract poor communication lack of workers minimum wage

2. Prime flight

Current Employee - Guest Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Experience Future job opportunities Excelent supervisors Vacation benefits Christmas bonus

Cons

No benefits ( medical, dental, fight benefits, no profit sharing)

3. Worst experience I ever had

Former Employee - Cleaning Aircraft in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cleaning Aircraft in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I really can't find anything positive about my experience. It was very disappointing.

Cons

I applied for prime flight and I was never hired! The reason because they require a drug test and mine came back "diluted" I don't drink alcohol smoke and I have never done drugs in my life. And the lab that they sent me to told me to drink water hince the result "diluted" so bcz the lab couldn't read my drug test due to excess water prime flight did not hire me? And I waited almost a month for them to tell me this??

Advice to Management

You need to really reevaluate your "policy's" on drug testing. I took a drug test and it came back "dilute" twice the lab said excessive water? I couldnt go enough so the lab told me to drink more water. And the second test I drank two sodas no water and it still came back "dilute"? I don't drink alcohol I don't smoke and I have never done drugs. I have taken drug test for past employments and haver never had a problem or a result saying "dilute"?? Really disappointed I was not offered the job due to these results. I beleive if the lab gets a "dilute" result the prospective employee should be able to take the test until the lab can read the test! You all lost a good honest drug free employee just because of your "policy's".

5. Working Enviroment

Current Employee - Cargo Inspector in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Cargo Inspector in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They trained you for every position. At the end, you will understand a lot about the company's position. Good only for starters.

Cons

Hours you are getting paid are depending on the flight's schedule. So, you are not guaranteed to get 40 hours every week. You might have to stay at the airport for about 10 hours to get 8 hours of job.

6. Poor management from the local GM to the Executive VP level. Micro manages everything to point of halting progress.

Former Employee - Station Training Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Station Training Coordinator in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other than an entry level start to begin a career in the business, there are are no pros per se. Expectations from leadership are high but rewards are few if any.

Cons

Depends on ACA to provide any health benefits, can never get your pay correct and is slow to respond. Company culture is stone age, does not value employees, high turnover.

Advice to Management

Too many ex AA folks in upper management still have the old AA culture. Get with the 21st century and start treating employees as assets and stop hiring management staff that does not care about its customers or staff.

okay place to work if you dont mind the management

Former Employee - Wheelchair Attendant/Skycap in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Wheelchair Attendant/Skycap in San Antonio, TX

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adaquate tips and chance to move up if you kiss up to the bosses enough.

Cons

Strenuous long days some times. No overtime. Sometimes you are the last one to leave even after the managers

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like people. We are not machines that can run around the airport the whole shift. Sometimes a short 15min break is okay

8. It's small airport base campany.15 to 30 employees

Pros

Manegment is okay. You can Work for sorttime.

Cons

Regular base job.

9. A mistake

Former Employee - Baggage Handler in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Baggage Handler in Flushing, NY

I worked at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to meet alot of different people from all walks of life.

Cons

Management. The fact that everyone is expendable and management makes it a point for them to know that. Expect employees to kiss up to get ahead and get good schedules. GOD FORBID if the employee is a friend of a supervisor. The pay is terrible. Turnover is extremely high and expected. Slave wages, I mention that? Racist supervisors and management, believe in stereotypes when handling employees. EMPLOYEES, NOT SUBORDINATES.

Advice to Management

Treat EMPLOYEES with RESPECT and stop acting like you're slave owners. Not everybody is gonna kiss up to you

10. Bunch of lies and mismanagement

Current Employee - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at PrimeFlight Aviation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Airport environment, most employees enjoy each other and look out for each other in finding employment elsewhere.

Cons

Lowest pay possible, complete mismanagement and lies about supervisory positions, shifts, uniforms.Unwilling to listen to employees, management receives incentives for lowest employee costs. RUN FROM THIS PILE IF EXCREMENT.

Advice to Management

HIRE BETTER BLIND MONKEYS TO RUN THIS PLACE, THE 3 STOOGES would be an upgrade.

11. Working

Current Employee - Wheelchair Attendant/Skycap in Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Wheelchair Attendant/Skycap in Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at PrimeFlight Aviation Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, environment, the fact that you meet a lot of people from different backgrounds

Cons

Salary, the lack of benefits, opportunities to grow, and communication

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed