PrimeFlight Aviation Services

Add Photos

Mike Wein

It good

Primeflight Attendant (Current Employee) Ronkonkoma, NY

ProsGood tips usually good for resume

Consminium wage no raises ever

I would say stay in school short term job....could and will not make this my career

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

Prossometimes it's slow thats about it

ConsLack of management skills ; when it gets busy and if we are understaffed or people call out it places alot of workload on every one else, vans all have problems some dont even have heat no raises that I know of vacation is only accumlated after two years and only if you obtained a certain amout of hours. No sick days etc.Unflexable work schedule

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Just bad

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsManagement is a joke. You are promised things which never happen. The schedule changes every other day. They can only hire warm bodies for the 8.00 an hour they pay. You are expected to take a lunch out of your time even when you haven't had a break, The turnover is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging. Trust your Crew chiefs. Advance people on their merit, not race or age. Stop making promises you know you can't keep. The GM and AGM need to be more proactive and work together.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall Management is in poor condition. Poor working conditions. No uniforms.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros to this company.

ConsPoor working conditions. No uniforms. Poor upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetrain personal.

Pay is low with Zero benefits, and not managed properly

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsIt allows me counteract with mechanics at the airport while going to school to get my A&P license

ConsVery low pay, no benefits at all, and improper management skills

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay would help keep their employees longer

HR Manager

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

Proseasy to get hired on
    lots of downtime in between flights (depending on position)
    mostly friendly people
    regional managers visit fairly often and actually remember your name

Conslow pay
    high stress (if working on the ramp)
    very high turnover
    the low wages bring in people who have lots of drama

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bidding contracts so low so you can afford to pay a little higher wages and attract better quality workers that would take more pride in their job

Could be so much more...

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsUpper management is great, no complaints.

ConsMiddle management has major communications and professionalism issues

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle mid-management issues and it could be so much more...

Working the Ramp

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsLots of down time while on the job

Consa very physical job indeed

Advice to Senior Managementrespect employees

The ups and downs of managing contracts.

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAt first, a lot of autonomy. I was pretty much handed the operation, and told to run it as I saw fit. I was able to decrease our labor expense relative to revenue about 3%. The more responsibility was thrown at me, the more I enjoyed it. Made my own schedule, and had a Regional Director who looked out for me and made himself available to bounce a question off of when I needed it.

ConsI was outbid on a contract, which threw my future with the company into doubt. Managing contracts like this, you have to be comfortable with the fact that you're always 30 days from the unemployment line if things start to go bad or your customer pulls the plug. ZERO job security.

As time went on, micromanagement set in, and anyone who was having difficulty managing their station could expect an ear full and finger wagging on a weekly basis. The confrontational, condescending, adolescent tone of voice that was taken with me by more than one VP was very frustrating. There is a huge disconnect between the executive level and station level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micromanagement, trust your GM's, less condescending finger pointing when things get rocky.

Start to seriously think about ways for your good management talent to work remotely and stay in the company if their contract goes up in smoke, otherwise you'll continue to lose good management talent. Payroll processing, HR, technical reps; there are a hundred ways a creative company could think of to hang onto it's best management talent. After two years of consistently outperforming my pears, I was unceremoniously laid off.

Worked for PrimeFlight Aviation Services? Contribute to the Community!