PrimePay Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
William J. Pellicano

Pros
  • Management is very easy to work with, not micro-managed (in 2 reviews)

• They are always willing to help (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • worst company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with (in 3 reviews)

• This is the hands down worst company I've ever worked for (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Outstanding company with amazing people!

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked at a few larger companies, PrimePay differentiates itself by providing what others can't: Great people! It is the people at PrimePay who make the work environment supportive as well as collaborative. They are supportive because they want you to succeed. If you have a question or a concern, it's responded to quickly and directly. They are collaborative because they encourage ideas to be shared. They care what employees have to contribute. In 15+ years of my career, this company is the first where the front line employees are continually recognized by leadership. And the training is absolutely second to none! They are firing on all cylinders, and I am proud to work for them!

Cons

I honestly don't have a con to share. Again, having spent the majority of my career working for 40K+ employee companies where I was just a number, PrimePay does the exact opposite. I am thankful I can't find a con...

Advice to Management

Don't change! You're doing the right things right now.

2. Say yes

Former Employee - Secretary in Bellmore, NY
    Former Employee - Secretary in Bellmore, NY

I worked at PrimePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Bosses are easy going. No glass ceiling. Bagels on friday. Wonderful benefits and great opportunities!

Cons

Sales people are intense. Need more health care payments. Dental would be nice and so would profit sharing.

Don't recommend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company sometimes offers Eagles tickets to employees but only employees can go. You're not allowed to bring a significant other.

Cons

I've been with the company for a little less than a year and I'm looking to get out. When I came into the company (working on the development side) I was told the company was Agile under Waterfall. After my first week I learned the company really has no methodology nor do they understand how SDLC works anymore. The way the company runs is very out dated and management does not listen to how things should be done. The CEO and other higher ups also pushed a new NDA out of the blue on current employees because they had an oversight at another office when they lost other employees to another company. The pay is not very great and the raises are bad. The company is also very secretive about everything such as employees leaving the company. They don't ever announce how the company is doing (good or bad). Based on the model they have, it is not sustainable to go large scale. The CEO was a former salesman and does not understand development or anything technology wise.

Advice to Management

Replace SVP and other mangers with people who know how SDLC works in this century. Implement a methodology and follow it.

Dedication means nothing

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist

Pros

Wonderful coworkers that are the only reason I keep showing up

Cons

no one in upper management seems to care about the people who work for the company. Instead of posting job opportunities they pick friends and coworkers they like to promote. It's like high school instead of a corporation. It seems you can't be good with people or you won't get promoted.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees before you have no one left who cares at all. Unless that's what you want.

6. Sales

I worked at PrimePay full-time

Pros

I found the company to be helpful in understanding their offering and making sure I was successful. Management understood what it takes to keep employees happy retain customers.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Management seemed to back the employees and customers needs. Keep up with your processes, they seem to be working.

Disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Pros

It depends on how well connected you are to upper management and if you fit into their box. If you are with the in-crowd, you will like the company much better than if you are not. Not many pros for outsiders.

Cons

Low pay, not much of a benefits package, rigid management style. There is very limited communication and appreciation from upper management.

Advice to Management

Hire a management consulting team to come in and look at your organization objectively. Have them concentrate on how to improve employee relations and also on how to improve communications within your organization.

8. Accountant

I worked at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with & great atmosphere

Cons

Low starting pay is the only issue I had with the company

Customer Service Specialist

I worked at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Co-workers were nice, didn't micro manage

Cons

Unorganized, promotions due to nepotism or favoritism, many workers were lazy, call center completely out of order, benefits and pay are horrible.

Advice to Management

Fix all the above and your turnover rate will diminish.

Would not recommend

I worked at PrimePay full-time

Pros

There's a lot of great people to work with.

Cons

Benefits and compensation simply are not competitive compared to other options out there. Unnecessary rules and restrictions, bad morale, and nepotism are some of the major problems at this company.

Advice to Management

Frequently survey your employees and take their advice seriously.

11. Sales Executive

I worked at PrimePay full-time

Pros

PrimePay does give you time to ramp up. Good work environment.

Cons

Customer service is mediocre.

RSS Feed </> Embed