PrimePay Reviews

2.9

William J. Pellicano

anonymous

I have been working at PrimePay

Pros

Good starting job while in college to get work experience. The company is starting to improve with better management. Co workers are really great down to earth people. They are always willing to help.

Cons

Not much growth for career opportunities.

PrimePay was a great place to start my career and learn the business of sales while having some sort of freedom

Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA

I worked at PrimePay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company allows their sales employees to be very independent. I had a great manager who coached me well, however a lot of his tips were from his own successes with other payroll companies. Upper management was easily accessible. Had the opportunity to meet with department heads in different departments. It is a great and easy product to sell. In your first two weeks, you will get one on one training with your sales manager. Your commission is 2x the amount of the sale. Operations has very low turnover rate.

Cons

You are often alone during your days. You must generate your own leads. They do have a database that is not as accurate with information. Instead of Salesforce, they use Series. They expect major changes week to week. Unforuntately, because of the signing up process, it takes a while to make and complete a sale. It is also very hard to obtain your bonuses because they count time clock in those numbers. Time clock is a very tough product to sell and is incorporated in your bonuses. The bonus is also not worth it because of all of the additional work you must put in. It is a very difficult process to sign up clients because most companies books are not up to date from quarter to quarter.

Create an avenue for Sales to communicate with ops easier so that sales can be finished. It is very demotivating when you do all teh work to close the sale, but cannot complete it because Operations needs a bunch of documents. It is very confusing. Find ways to generate leads. Calling only goes so much especially when they are the same numbers over and over again.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PrimePay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were the best part of the job. They were all good people and easy to work with. I also enjoyed the salary plus commision. Plus, they really emphasize trying to establish relationships with Accounting firms to develop sales.

Cons

They are not very well known, especially in Northeast Ohio. Thus, it was difficult to develop relationships with CPA's. Plus, I came to find out that Payroll Services is a VERY price sensitive industry. It is viewed as a commodity. Almost everyone I tried to get to use our services ONLY cared about the price.

Give the sales people enough time to develop relationships with CPA's. They don't trust many companies outside of ADP and Paychex. They are not just going to hand over clients after you buy them one lunch.

Great Experience & Growth Opportunity

I have been working at PrimePay full-time

Pros

Management is very easy to work with, not micro-managed. Very receptive of new ideas and best practice suggestions. Coming to work isn't a hassle when this is the case. Work culture: family business meets corporate. Not a typical stuffy corporate environment. Definitely recommend this company to friends.

Cons

I'd definitely say the biggest con would be the benefits. The coverage is good, but there are certain aspects of them I wish could be changed (ex: RX deductible).

Always Look Behind The Curtain

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at PrimePay

Pros

If there's any pro I can give is that this company is good at developing a facade. On the outside, PrimePay appears professional and competent. They consider themselves top tier; next to ADP and Paychex. Once you get inside, you realize it's anything but. Given this, I do question the positive reviews in this forum.

Cons

There's two big issues as I see them. Executive management comes across as not being genuine or having any personal caring for their employees. The mentality set in the workplace is too overwork yourself; put the company first and family second. Sadly, they've still not understood that the opposite approach is what makes businesses thrive. Not only do you feel burnt out, the company does little to nothing to reward its employees. Secondly, even the most minute of decisions have to go past the CEO. if you want to experience dysfunctional execution, have all your decisions wait for the top brass. The employees that stay long-term are often those that do not mind subservience.

People quit management, not the company. Are you having a turnover problem?

An Established Company that is Growing

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The future looks bright for PrimePay with the company growing and its focus on customer service. There are a lot of growth opportunities within the company for its employees. I have had a positive experience in the time that I have worked here with both senior level management and employees at every level.

Cons

In order for PrimePay to continue to grow and succeed, the company does ask a lot of its employees at times. If you don't mind a little hard work, it will definitely pay off in the end.

Continue to keep customer service the #1 priority and focus on positive growth for the company and it's employees.

Solid company with real career growth potential

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have found the supervisors and management to be honest and willing to help. My first year has been great!

Cons

Same as any other corporate job but all in all a great place to move up the ladder if you are motivated.

Keep up the good work and growth. Don't listen to the negative posts by former/current employees who slam PrimePay because of their own issues.

Good experience

I have been working at PrimePay

Pros

Employees are very kind and well

Cons

Management guys are suck and don't respect employees

Not worth the price of admission!

I worked at PrimePay full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible co-workers, people I've grown to know are close to my heart, hard working and honest.

Cons

Managment is selfish and self-absorbed, couldn't name half of the common folk working downstairs. The company does very little to boost morale, no employee events and lousy time off and holidays. No room for growth whatsoever and raises just don't happen, it doesn't pay to work here!

No advice needed, management has it going on, NOT! Try being more sympathetic to people who have families to support as not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Excellent company to work for if you have an entrepreneurial spirit.

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at PrimePay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Top performers at PrimePay are offered rapid career advancement opportunities. Most people in management positions started as field sales representatives and worked their way up. PrimePay offers plenty of recognition and rewards for performance. The Senior Leadership Team is accessible by any sales representative and they truly listen to suggestions for what is working and what isn't.

Cons

The phone expense reimbursement should be increased.

Keep focused on staying ahead of the ever changing environment of our industry.