Primerica Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
332 reviews filtered by
3.9
Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • And the ability to own your own business, and unlimited income potential and passive income (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

1. Sales Rep

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited potential, and you can start making good money fairly quickly (projections for those who follow the system and work hard are 6 figures within 18-24 months).

The company is not only legal, but it is ethical. They do what's right for the consumer.

It's for those who have been disenchanted with corporate America and its 9-5 jobs, and would like to own their own business.

Almost no overhead expenses.

They pay for your licensing.

No glass ceiling! Anyone can make it regardless of race or sex.

Have an opportunity to own a business that runs itself one day.

Cons

Many people are not mentally tough enough for this business. It's not a get-rich-quick scheme, and most people will flunk out when they realize that. This is not for people who just want to "get by" on minimal effort.

District Manager

Current Employee - Lou in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Lou in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Great company! Builds character and leadership skills

Cons

have to be a self starter and mentally tough

3. Helping families to gain their financial freedom back by getting them out of debt, and helping them with their finances.

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping others and getting well-paid to do so! What more can you ask for? Paid Vacations, and great pay outs, amazing!

Cons

Only con is starting up, and building a team and clientele list. Other than that, only way is up from there!

Advice to Management

Start marketing! America needs this!

5. Division Representative

Current Employee - Division Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Division Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good money, license paid, investments, help and educate families.

Cons

Multilevel Marketing Business, expensive, not stable clientele.

6. Financial Representative

I have been working at Primerica part-time

Pros

Pay based on your effort

Cons

No set salary. Pay is all commission

It is not what i thought

Current Employee - District Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - District Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to get my insurance license and my series 6,63

Cons

No training from leaders, besides cold calls they don't show you how to get good leads.

8. Good Opportunity for stay at home moms with busy schedules

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Flexible, Unlimited income potential, Could be awesome if you put your time and effort into it.

Cons

100% commission, No base salary, No benefits

Advice to Management

Less pressure on recruiting would help the company look less shady.

9. Love It Licensed within 3 weeks, trained 3 more, company reimbursed all fees, making $4-600 month. No recruiting req.

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Recently awarded most innovative products by Best Review because leadership always looking for best to offer middle America while ALTERNATIVE WALL ST. FIRMS don't often offer products targeted for middle America. Our target market are the folks Wall Street forgets! Love educational approach. Rarely selling on first visit, instead educating clients first visit and being invited back IF client wishes. Company motto is to look for ways to save client on debt consolidation, replace outdated insurance products and move all the savings into much needed retirement accounts. Love showing clients that not ALL 401k are alike, how various college Ed programs are better than others and doing most of this with NO NEW MONEY. Unlike MLM Or ANY sales firms we rarely ask client to put out MORE $$$$...all reps are state and fed licensed ( like real estate brokers), we work out of offices ( like real estate reps) and we don't sell "sale so" packages to New Recruits like some MLM's. Compensation is bases on productivity buy unlike MLM' s our average sale is $800 using NO NEW MONEY while very few clients buy $800 of cosmetics and If they did its money that should be saved for retirement NOT spent on depreciating assets. You DO NOT have to recruit as I do not to ear commissions on client business but you can build a sales team (similar to real restate broker) but like real estate only make override when your trained agents properly sell a valid item. Option to have a company website and significant Morningstar discount offered for $ 25.00 a month (extremely small $ 300 annual fee vs $1000 errors n ommissions many real estate offices require you pay ( ps, Primerica covers that too free). Scam? Well as you know hundreds of websites claim we never went to the moon or the holocaust never occurred so please consider your source!! Better yet look at things for yourself and take the time to fully research good and bad before making a decision that might change your finances for the better. Lastly many companies recruit and make money on the efforts of those recruits. Your company hired you and your manager makes a higher income than you, while the owner makes a ton on ALL of you. Doesn't make it a scam does it. A pyramid by the way is a company that takes money from you and promised you will make money by getting others to give THEIR money and promised that everyone will make money ( and many early birds actually will). There will be NO product being sold. This is illegal. This is what Bernie Madoff got lots of veyy smart people to do because they were all promised 39-40% returns which were believable because he did give these returns to the early birds in order to entice the rest. You may nor like selling Avon, or Mary Kay nor even like that they ask you to recruit to override your reps BUT they are not illegal pyramid scams ...and you do not have to recruit with them, real estate, or Primerica to sell a products and make a commission. You should look long and hard at any business opportunity and learn ALL you can and if it's NOT for you that doesn't mean it's a bad company or business. ( seek cons)

Cons

You will have to take the time to learn the business, Just like taking a college course you have to give this a certain amount of undivided time and attention to succeed. I knew plenty of folks (kids and adults) who would sign up for a course then put few hours to study THEN fail and blame the teachers, the course, for the school. anyone willing to study and put the time and effort into this OR any business they want will have success eventually. For MANY nth at is a big con because it's not quick and it's not easy. Looking for Easy? Not sure where to send you. Working part time retail? Not easy? Open your own part- time cleaning business? Not easy...Working a full time corporate job - not easy? Not sure there is any "job" whether legal or illegal that is easy!!! For me the pros of making the money I make here far outweighed working at my local retail or fast food part time AND here I have the chance to get better and maybe (maybe) go into a management track where I anticipate running into another set of "cons"" which I will have to weight when that time comes. All in all for the RIGHT person you cannot beat this opportunity.

Advice to Management

I hear new people saying that the POL site is complicated and difficult to maneuver around. Would you consider offering a video just on learning the site especially geared to those not tech savvy and/ our over 50 crow?

10. Amazing Company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Allows me to work as much or as little as I want. I'm working part time and earning almost same amount at my full time job. I'm eliminating my debt faster and building a business I can hand down to my 3 kids. Can't wait to go full time with my team and reach and help more families. I personally have over $20,000,000 of Term life insurance in force protecting my clients and team!!

Cons

None AMAZING COMPANY and I will continue to recommend it to friends and family.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the opportunity and products to help families!!

11. How it works.

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent True Business Ownership Opportunity
    NO Franchise Fees
    Excellent Training
    Sponsorship of all licenses
    Make money even before getting license
    Provides an amazing business website, very low monthly cost!
    ONLY $99 to the State for background check and 16 hour Licensing course.
    Bonus incentives

Cons

Training offices aren't always within 10 miles of your residence.

Primerica Photos