Primerica Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014
4.1

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • personal development, sales skills, product training, professionalism, unlimited income potential, (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome education

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Great RVP. Challenges growth and positive leaders

Cons

No cons, really great services

None. Doing awesome

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

this is a real business opportunity this is not a pyramid scheme as you receive two licenses both regulated by The state. the income potential is unlimited.

Cons

this is not a get rich scheme . You work hard and are disciplined you can succeed like in any business you have to dedicate time to it.

Amazing company with an incredible opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Allows you to be your own boss (to an extent); you set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want; opportunity to have ownership; stock options at certain levels; you own your own business

Cons

In regards to "be your own boss": you are limited by your up-line at times which can be very frustrating; example: you cannot order your own applications--your up-line must do this for you (seems trivial but it can be a hassle); commission only--can be bad when things are slow; Primerica does not advertise and does not allow you to advertise either (this allows a more personal experience with clients and cheaper premiums but also forces you to find all of your clients--it is extremely unlikely that you will be contacted by someone who wants to do business with you if you have not contacted them first);

Allow more than RVPs to order applications. Give the down-lines more freedom.

Life changing!! Just not the right time.

Former Employee - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This opportunity strengthened my leadership and interpersonal skills. I was able to travel and meet people with lifestyles that were way beyond anything I had experienced. This expanded my goals and what I want for my family. The office I was a part of was very dynamic and growth was inevitable. Being part of Primerica changed my worldview. I am so thankful to have experienced and grown through that environment!

Cons

You have to work like never before to get your team trained and ready to succeed. Like in any company, your success is tied to your team; however, if you're recruiting people who aren't as dedicated as you, you're going to have a really though time. You also have to deal with people's emotional problems. You are your team's Coach, Head of Sales, Head of HR, Head of Recruiting, Boss, Nanny and Friend. Your team becomes your new family so it can be emotionally and professionally challenging when your team and/or you is not performing well. If you decided to quit before succeeding, you will most likely incur A LOT of debt since logically you must invest in something worthwhile/your business. (All businesses do this). Debt is a disease that is very difficult to get rid of. You must stay true to yourself and realize daily that what you do for families truly makes a difference. Keep the flame to financial freedom for you, your team, and your clients going!

Always lead by example and build relationships based on what your team likes to do, not necessary X or Y contest; then, these relationships will be long lasting. A strong relationship is worth gold, don't shun people who choose to do something else with their lives. We're all just trying to do what's best for our us and our families. Thanks for stepping up and leading so many of us to self-improve!

Financial Help for Main Street Americans!

Former Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It all depends on your RVP. When you become part of a strong group, Primerica is a place where you can grow and help families live better, more financially informed and financially fee lives

Cons

This is a great place to start when you are young and can live lean. It is a tough place to start if you are mid-career or have a family to support

American Business!

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Wheaton, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Wheaton, MD

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Start-up cost, Financial concepts are spectacular. I've learned things that will allow me to actually be able to retire, with the ability to show others! Amazing environments.

Cons

Really no downside, just learn the business.

Divisional

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

It's a great opportunity for success in the long run. It's like any business you want to start. You need to aquire the experience first. Then you can go all out. Success depends on you and the person who's training you. If you get good training you deliver good results.

Cons

People make false statements about primerica, and make it harder for us to help people. Take a look at what you're doing now. Tha last five year of your life, and think about your next five. If you keep doing what you're doing, are you going to be happy with your job five year from now.?? If not. Then start your own business. It doesn't have to be with primerica, but start something. At primerica we just make it easier to start your own business. That's all.

If someones own up line can't help, then allow a different person to help. Share the responsibility of training others. Even if you don't make your half sale. Your team can learn from others and will only make you stronger.

Regional Leader

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership, great training, awesome opportunity for self-improvement

Cons

Tough work-life balance, awkward hours

Encourage work-life balance. Less pressure with production.

I had a life changing experience with this company..

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Primerica (more than 10 years)

Pros

In my experience, this company has the best part-time income producing opportunity I've ever seen. You get paid every time you submit business. It's like having a cash cow. The residuals were amazing as well. The real product is the opportunity to make significant income through building a salesforce, I found that it was easier to sell the products. I spoke to thousands of people over my 11 year career with the firm, most people just talk big and are not willing to do the work to live their dreams. All the products are high quality, so sell them and recruit as you go along making money from selling.

Cons

Your success is directly tied into the office you get recruited into, so choose wisely. 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income. Some Vice-Presidents who run these offices will try and convince you to work full-time, I strongly advise against this unless you are comfortable with no salary. Some months will be great and some won't, so you will need supplemental income until you have the system mastered.

5 Star Company

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to get paid what your worth, Ability to earn ownership, and unlimited promotions, and flexibility to start part-time and transition full-time.

Cons

Flexibility to get paid what your worth

(Which is scary for most people)

Have salary based positions