Primerica
www.primerica.com Duluth, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Primerica Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.

John A. Addison Jr.

Pros:
  • "personal development, sales skills, product training, professionalism, unlimited income potential,"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "use of your warm market will be based on your reputation"
    in 9 reviews
  • "It's a multi-level marketing company"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Opportunity to be your own boss you can make money!

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor for more than a year

ProsYou can become a business owner and make as much money as you want. great company you can get most of your licenses paid for by the company.

Consuse of your warm market will be based on your reputation

Advice to Senior Managementgive some training on how to improve reputation for younger reps and help with providing some material for lower reps

Work your own hours

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Sanford, FL

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

ProsFreedom to work your own hours, good training to get your license.

ConsI don't understand how the system does not focus on the product as much as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the product

Management at Home Office really cares!

Regional Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsGreat home office people.Very Flexible hours with a focus on results. Education on how personal finance really works is worth it alone.

ConsAll problems with self-employment. Field supervisor is self employed too and has too much control over your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the tech changes! Not a lot else can be done about field personnel as long as they are self-employed.

Home office employee

Home Office Employee (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood health benefits and vacation time

ConsDead end job. No opportunity for advancement. Very top heavy company with no movement; "same old", "same old" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in developing your employees, training and technology.

The single greatest business opportunity in America today for the avg individual.

Regional Leader (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey take someone with no background in financial services and teach you everything you need to know. You can start part time and work as much and as little as you want depending on your own personal income needs and wants without fear of termination for lack of performance.

ConsIt is commission only which can be scary for a lot of people looking for the "safety" of a salary.

Good First Year

Division Leader (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

ProsThe freedom I have in my schedule is great but what's better is how I have been able to help families. I am not only a rep, I am a client. The people in my office are first class and very focused on personal growth and development. We want to be our best to give the best to others

ConsThis is a tough business, great people skills and work ethic are needed. Many people start thinking it will be easy, it's not. But the rewards are so worth it. Daily efforts to prospect and network are needed to make it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst class! Keep going, what this company does for its agents is amazing!

Great place to work, but very unconventional business style.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Primerica part-time for less than a year

ProsPros: Supportive team
Manager that actually knows how to carry out his job

ConsRun style: its definitely not for everyone
Lack of physical rewards disappointing
Unpaid training time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing your thing, those Primerica Missionaries are the people that are seeking a assured yes or NO.

Very happy with my Primerica experience so far!

Representative (Current Employee)
Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

ProsConstant support from people whose only goal is to help you continue getting better. No glass ceiling in place. In most cases I know of, you can start out working directly in your local office and have access to learn one-on-one with leaders that have already been in your shoes. On the other hand, if you prefer to work remotely and independently, that is available as well.

ConsNo one else to blame but yourself if you don't find a way to continually improve, as a proven system is in place for the taking.

My experience has been great so far and will get even better in the future.

District Leader (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

ProsI have been with Primerica for less than a year now. I love the freedom to come and go as I please. The possibilities are up to you. If you get listened, which means studying' then you will be successful. I have a great RVP and he teaches me constantly about our products and how we help people. It's not about the money, it's about helping people. Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better. We don't have agents out there trying to make a sale just to make a dollar. Most agents have a full time job so they don't have to make a sale at the customers expense. We have no quota, so your earning potential is entirely up to you. The test that you have to take are not Primerica test, they are state licensed test". They are not easy whatsoever, so if an agent is licensed, he earned it. I am by no means a salesman, yet I have been able to help some family and friends get insurance or wills, or even lower their auto insurance and all without trying to make a sale. It came only with general conversation and finding out a need they had and a product we had to fulfil that need

ConsThe downside to working for Primerica is that there are some people that join the company for the wrong reasons. If you have a bad up line or trainer' then you will get discouraged. If you don't get your license then you can't market our products and you will never get to see the value in the company.

Great place

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsFreedom from the traditional job workplace. lots of freedom an opportunity to make a lot of money.

Consfinding other hard workers can be challenging.

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Primerica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Primerica CEO John A. Addison Jr. All 189 reviews posted anonymously by Primerica employees.