Primerica Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • Can work part-time without compromising your current career (in 17 reviews)

• Help people on your own time and get paid well to do it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

Senior Representative

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Spokane Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Spokane Valley, WA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're no. 1 in the United States for 12 years - trophies to prove it - and no. 1 in Canada for 15 years. Always on the edge, they're perfecting their approach every single day.

Cons

Truth be told, I don't have one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Amazing opportunity!

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an educational approach to a complex and sensitive subject. Great support from home office and knowledgeable teammates. You work your own schedule and control your own promotions. Help as many people as you want! The possibilities are endless!

Cons

This opportunity is not for the weak, unmotivated person who looks for things to be handed to this. You are dealing with people so if you don't like people then that would be your con. If you do not believe in hard work, that is another con for you. Otherwise, all hard work (productive work) is recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep pushing up people as Art Williams charged us to do!

sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Didn't micro manage and was able to make decisions on your own

Cons

Lack of inventory in certain areas

5. agent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Addison, IL

I have been working at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

company has good oppurtunites and good values

Cons

very bad pay and very unflexible hours commision only is bad

Advice to Management

better pay

6. okay company

Current Employee - Senior Licensing Liaison in Arcadia, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Licensing Liaison in Arcadia, CA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

low stress and good vacation

Cons

low pay and little advancement opportunities. Management needs to be more organized

7. Salary

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Pros

It's a self starting job

Cons

Temps are expected to come in and just work you are not able to have privelages as a permanent employee basically no talking

Advice to Management

Na

Life Changing Opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the support you need and great community of people to network with and the opportunities are endless you can very easily get to making $100,000 a year with minimal effort the products sale themselves because they are the solution to 90% of America's problems and it is all on your own time absolutely amazing job!

Cons

Studying for the licensing is about the only con I can think of and that really isn't a problem for me or most others

Advice to Management

Whatever you have done has seemed to work great so on that note Just keep up the excellent work

9. Producer

Pros

Good comp plan Friendly people Work from home Make your own hours

Cons

Lack of training Cold calling Policies take long to be approved

Advice to Management

Focus more on training.

Company Review

Pros

Set your own hours Build your business any way you want to Objectively better financial products than most of the industry

Cons

The company is essentially set up as a pyramid scheme. More company resources are allocated towards hiring as many people as possible instead of supporting the salesforce.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the "Recruiting" aspect of the business and focus more on the the inside team at the home office

Unbelievable Opportunity if You're Willing to Work

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Mount Pleasant, TX

Pros

I have to say that I am more impressed with Primerica than I could have imagined when I started working with the company last year. Not having a financial background, I would have never imagined that I could have the opportunity to enter the financial services industry. I love Primerica's "learn as you earn" philosophy and the opportunity they provide to help so many middle income families get out of debt, protect their income and prepare for their future. I have been impressed with the quality of training provided from the start, and Primerica's technological advancements are off the charts in the financial industry. This is truly a company worth investing my life in, and I don't say that lightly. I've worked for many companies and many people, and I've never experienced the fulfillment I get here. I love the concern I see in every level of Primerica for people, and the worthy Crusade we are on. I love that we change people's lives for the better in so many ways. And I love the fact that just like I was offered the opportunity to join Primerica, I can offer that same opportunity to others. Where else in the financial services industry can you do that? And where else in the financial services industry do you really matter that much? Come join us, it's a lot of fun and we're making a huge difference!

Cons

I don't consider it so much a con, as an opportunity to grow through adversity, but the early going can be difficult. People don't initially see you as a "finance guy"... or "finance girl" for that matter. They see you as the guy they work with every day, or the girl they've known all their lives who's never expressed to them much interest in financial matters. That passes pretty quickly, though, when you get out the door and start showing them the benefits of compound interest and how to protect their families, as they begin to shed debt and build wealth. I'm not saying this business is easy, but it is definitely worth it! The sky's the limit, unless you limit yourself. You'll get as much out of Primerica as you put into it. You are your own boss and your success depends on you and how badly you want it. Some may consider that a con, but I see it as more opportunity for those of us who are willing to get out there and... in the words of our founder... DO IT!

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! I'm excited about this company and the path we're on!

RSS Feed </> Embed