Primerica Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • Can work part-time without compromising your current career (in 17 reviews)

• Help people on your own time and get paid well to do it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

1. Life Changing Opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primerica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the support you need and great community of people to network with and the opportunities are endless you can very easily get to making $100,000 a year with minimal effort the products sale themselves because they are the solution to 90% of America's problems and it is all on your own time absolutely amazing job!

Cons

Studying for the licensing is about the only con I can think of and that really isn't a problem for me or most others

Advice to Management

Whatever you have done has seemed to work great so on that note Just keep up the excellent work

Unbelievable Opportunity if You're Willing to Work

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Mount Pleasant, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

I have to say that I am more impressed with Primerica than I could have imagined when I started working with the company last year. Not having a financial background, I would have never imagined that I could have the opportunity to enter the financial services industry. I love Primerica's "learn as you earn" philosophy and the opportunity they provide to help so many middle income families get out of debt, protect their income and prepare for their future. I have been impressed with the quality of training provided from the start, and Primerica's technological advancements are off the charts in the financial industry. This is truly a company worth investing my life in, and I don't say that lightly. I've worked for many companies and many people, and I've never experienced the fulfillment I get here. I love the concern I see in every level of Primerica for people, and the worthy Crusade we are on. I love that we change people's lives for the better in so many ways. And I love the fact that just like I was offered the opportunity to join Primerica, I can offer that same opportunity to others. Where else in the financial services industry can you do that? And where else in the financial services industry do you really matter that much? Come join us, it's a lot of fun and we're making a huge difference!

Cons

I don't consider it so much a con, as an opportunity to grow through adversity, but the early going can be difficult. People don't initially see you as a "finance guy"... or "finance girl" for that matter. They see you as the guy they work with every day, or the girl they've known all their lives who's never expressed to them much interest in financial matters. That passes pretty quickly, though, when you get out the door and start showing them the benefits of compound interest and how to protect their families, as they begin to shed debt and build wealth. I'm not saying this business is easy, but it is definitely worth it! The sky's the limit, unless you limit yourself. You'll get as much out of Primerica as you put into it. You are your own boss and your success depends on you and how badly you want it. Some may consider that a con, but I see it as more opportunity for those of us who are willing to get out there and... in the words of our founder... DO IT!

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! I'm excited about this company and the path we're on!

3. BEst

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Primerica (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome People, Never feel like you are down on yourself

Cons

NONE, keep on building your team

5. AMAZING opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Doing the right thing for clients. Not ripping them off and deceiving them to try and make a dollar. Being able to sleep soundly at night. Great training. Company pays for licensing and gives you Morning star software ($4,000) a year normally, for $25-$40 a month depending on your contract level. Mentorship and support from home office is better than any company I've ever seen. Ever growing tool belt of products and affiliations to serve EVERY need of our clients.

Cons

It's not easy. It's not "Get rich quick". Trying to educate people who judge up front that PRI is a MLM or pyramid scheme that it is technically, administratively, and literally impossible for an insurance/investment company to be an MLM.

Advice to Management

Ease up on Social media rules inside the company. We are a person to person relationship based company, but with the information age, most people keep up with all of their friends and acquaintances digitally. By limiting what we can say or do, right down to telling us what type of picture we are allowed to have on our PERSONAL Facebook page is pretty ridiculous and severely limits what we can accomplish. Not to mention, a lot of people just go around the rules and gain business anyway because the rules are stupid, they hold us back, and they don't coincide with FINRA or the SEC regulations. You're choking our business.

6. Division Leader

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Become somebody. They provide an opportunity for normal people. I was 18 when I started. I have grown into a successful business person

Cons

None! All you have to do is work. If you are working for someone who lose why not work for yourself.

7. District Leader

Current Employee - District Leader in South Euclid, OH
    Current Employee - District Leader in South Euclid, OH

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income potential, create your own hours and income on your own time. Extremely flexible

Cons

You are your own worse enemy. the system of this business works, but if you don't work it, you will find trouble. be coachable

8. Producer

I worked at Primerica

Pros

Good comp plan Friendly people Work from home Make your own hours

Cons

Lack of training Cold calling Policies take long to be approved

Advice to Management

Focus more on training.

9. Great Start

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Maywood, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Maywood, CA

I worked at Primerica (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Mentors, Professional work eviornment opportunity to own your own office

Cons

Commission only. Lack of Accountability

10. Financial Representative

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tyrone, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Tyrone, GA

I have been working at Primerica (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary Make your own schedules

Cons

The Reliability of other clients

11. BEST company hands down!!

Current Employee - Education
    Current Employee - Education

I have been working at Primerica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership, the proven plan of success and my team

Cons

I do not have any cons for company. Bring on atlanta!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive movement forward. I am so happy to have primerica in my home, heart and life.

RSS Feed </> Embed