Primerica Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
324 reviews filtered by
3.9
Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • And the ability to own your own business, and unlimited income potential and passive income (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

1. Love It Licensed within 3 weeks, trained 3 more, company reimbursed all fees, making $4-600 month. No recruiting req.

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Recently awarded most innovative products by Best Review because leadership always looking for best to offer middle America while ALTERNATIVE WALL ST. FIRMS don't often offer products targeted for middle America. Our target market are the folks Wall Street forgets! Love educational approach. Rarely selling on first visit, instead educating clients first visit and being invited back IF client wishes. Company motto is to look for ways to save client on debt consolidation, replace outdated insurance products and move all the savings into much needed retirement accounts. Love showing clients that not ALL 401k are alike, how various college Ed programs are better than others and doing most of this with NO NEW MONEY. Unlike MLM Or ANY sales firms we rarely ask client to put out MORE $$$$...all reps are state and fed licensed ( like real estate brokers), we work out of offices ( like real estate reps) and we don't sell "sale so" packages to New Recruits like some MLM's. Compensation is bases on productivity buy unlike MLM' s our average sale is $800 using NO NEW MONEY while very few clients buy $800 of cosmetics and If they did its money that should be saved for retirement NOT spent on depreciating assets. You DO NOT have to recruit as I do not to ear commissions on client business but you can build a sales team (similar to real restate broker) but like real estate only make override when your trained agents properly sell a valid item. Option to have a company website and significant Morningstar discount offered for $ 25.00 a month (extremely small $ 300 annual fee vs $1000 errors n ommissions many real estate offices require you pay ( ps, Primerica covers that too free). Scam? Well as you know hundreds of websites claim we never went to the moon or the holocaust never occurred so please consider your source!! Better yet look at things for yourself and take the time to fully research good and bad before making a decision that might change your finances for the better. Lastly many companies recruit and make money on the efforts of those recruits. Your company hired you and your manager makes a higher income than you, while the owner makes a ton on ALL of you. Doesn't make it a scam does it. A pyramid by the way is a company that takes money from you and promised you will make money by getting others to give THEIR money and promised that everyone will make money ( and many early birds actually will). There will be NO product being sold. This is illegal. This is what Bernie Madoff got lots of veyy smart people to do because they were all promised 39-40% returns which were believable because he did give these returns to the early birds in order to entice the rest. You may nor like selling Avon, or Mary Kay nor even like that they ask you to recruit to override your reps BUT they are not illegal pyramid scams ...and you do not have to recruit with them, real estate, or Primerica to sell a products and make a commission. You should look long and hard at any business opportunity and learn ALL you can and if it's NOT for you that doesn't mean it's a bad company or business. ( seek cons)

Cons

You will have to take the time to learn the business, Just like taking a college course you have to give this a certain amount of undivided time and attention to succeed. I knew plenty of folks (kids and adults) who would sign up for a course then put few hours to study THEN fail and blame the teachers, the course, for the school. anyone willing to study and put the time and effort into this OR any business they want will have success eventually. For MANY nth at is a big con because it's not quick and it's not easy. Looking for Easy? Not sure where to send you. Working part time retail? Not easy? Open your own part- time cleaning business? Not easy...Working a full time corporate job - not easy? Not sure there is any "job" whether legal or illegal that is easy!!! For me the pros of making the money I make here far outweighed working at my local retail or fast food part time AND here I have the chance to get better and maybe (maybe) go into a management track where I anticipate running into another set of "cons"" which I will have to weight when that time comes. All in all for the RIGHT person you cannot beat this opportunity.

I hear new people saying that the POL site is complicated and difficult to maneuver around. Would you consider offering a video just on learning the site especially geared to those not tech savvy and/ our over 50 crow?

2. Amazing Company!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Allows me to work as much or as little as I want. I'm working part time and earning almost same amount at my full time job. I'm eliminating my debt faster and building a business I can hand down to my 3 kids. Can't wait to go full time with my team and reach and help more families. I personally have over $20,000,000 of Term life insurance in force protecting my clients and team!!

Cons

None AMAZING COMPANY and I will continue to recommend it to friends and family.

Keep pushing the opportunity and products to help families!!

3. How it works.

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent True Business Ownership Opportunity
    NO Franchise Fees
    Excellent Training
    Sponsorship of all licenses
    Make money even before getting license
    Provides an amazing business website, very low monthly cost!
    ONLY $99 to the State for background check and 16 hour Licensing course.
    Bonus incentives

Cons

Training offices aren't always within 10 miles of your residence.

5. Primerica a company with many opportunities

I worked at Primerica (more than 10 years)

Pros

Education Resources
    Flat management structure
    Good place for Women
    Life/Work balance
    Many opportunities to advance

Cons

Very low pay for some entry level positions
    No bonuses for non management positions

Add bonus program for key non-management personnel

6. My experience has been decent; however, opportunities for advancement into managerial positions are limited.

Current Employee - Trade Principal in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Trade Principal in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

The benefits are really good. You're fully vested from day one. Not many places offer 17 days of vacation, 6 sick days, 1 volunteer day that can be used from day one.

Cons

I find nepotism to be used more than selecting the "best candidate for the job" formula. No enough diversity in management.

There is a disconnect between those of us who perform daily tasks and those in offices. The gap should be bridged when developing job specific criteria.

7. Great for part-time 1099 income

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You set your own hours. No quotas. Once you are state licensed, you can always take your license to another company if you leave. Excellent option for moms who want to work part-time and choose their own hours. Great training, I learned a lot about financial services and personal development.

Cons

Not for everybody. You must be self-motivated and persistent.

AMAZING company!

Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Primerica

Pros

You get to help families get on the right track and set your own schedule. The leaders believe in putting God first, family second, and work third. Love this company!

Cons

It's not for everyone, you have to be motivated.

Best thing I ever did was join Primerica

Current Employee - National Sales Director
    Current Employee - National Sales Director

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. I can sleep at night. I feel fantastic about what I have been able to do for people. I have delivered over $20,000,000.00 in death claims to friends and family during their time of deepest sorrow and distress. I've helped people retire, I have helped people become debt free. I have created 100s of jobs.
    2. I can make pretty good money. For 34 years I've earned between $100,000 and 250,000 a year.
    3. I'm FREE. I have no boss, can set my own hours and call my own shots and have the company pay for fabulous trips to the exotic and desirable places in the world.

Cons

It isn't the company's fault but there is negative press on the internet that portrays the company incorrectly. It is frustrating when clients will believe the negative stuff and you know that they will be the ones that are hurt by it.

Stay the course!

10. Months before you see compensation

Former Employee - Management/Customer Service in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Management/Customer Service in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Primerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a great opportunity, very legit and you get to travel .

Cons

You have to pay a $99 fee for a background check. You have to have license issues by the state on order to make the money & that requires a state class. After the class you take the test & then after that it's still some time before you receive your license so it's a long process and could take months after months before you get to actually start making money. Also it's kind of like telemarketing.

Keep your office super professional

11. Intern

I worked at Primerica

Pros

- Expanding knowledge on life insurance, fully pay for life insurance license, working in fun teams and on projects.

Cons

Very pushy in finding clients, pay is based off commission.

Primerica Photos