Primerica

Primerica Reviews

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
4.0

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • And the ability to own your own business, and unlimited income potential and passive income (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

AMAZING company!

Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Primerica

Pros

You get to help families get on the right track and set your own schedule. The leaders believe in putting God first, family second, and work third. Love this company!

Cons

It's not for everyone, you have to be motivated.

Best thing I ever did was join Primerica

Current Employee - National Sales Director
    Current Employee - National Sales Director

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. I can sleep at night. I feel fantastic about what I have been able to do for people. I have delivered over $20,000,000.00 in death claims to friends and family during their time of deepest sorrow and distress. I've helped people retire, I have helped people become debt free. I have created 100s of jobs.
    2. I can make pretty good money. For 34 years I've earned between $100,000 and 250,000 a year.
    3. I'm FREE. I have no boss, can set my own hours and call my own shots and have the company pay for fabulous trips to the exotic and desirable places in the world.

Cons

It isn't the company's fault but there is negative press on the internet that portrays the company incorrectly. It is frustrating when clients will believe the negative stuff and you know that they will be the ones that are hurt by it.

Stay the course!

Working in this company with a noble mission is so great and satisfying.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader in Rego Park, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Leader in Rego Park, NY

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its like a family within a family where you help people to be financially independent.

Cons

Its always a challenging day every day, meeting different kind o people.

A comprehensive training on product knowledge should be a must specially for the new trainees.

What an incredible opportunity I was given!

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros- There are several.
    - I set my own hours
    - I do not have a cap to my income
    - I get residual income on everything I do
    - I get support from a Regional Vice President
    - The harder I work the more I get paid

Cons

Cons- There are a few.
    - Need a background check which was not an issue for me
    - it requires working with and helping people which I'm okay with but that means people skills
    - if you don't work, you won't earn a lot of money until you have residual income

Management should keep moving forward with hiring new applicants, as well as opening new offices. IMO that is what will help new associates like me feel like we have a chance to open our own office.

Thanks for the opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Leader
    Current Employee - Regional Leader

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm 71 and have 3 degrees. Needed to supplement my social security income but the only job I could find was selling cars long hours and poor pay. Primerica does not discriminate at all and gives everyone a chance. Great people, great training and what an excellent and needed service helping middle income families. What Primerica does is change peoples lives. .

Cons

There is only one catch in Primerica and its a four letter word. WORK. If you are lazy, looking for a handout, not willing to learn something new then Primerica is not for you.

Keep doing what you are doing

I bet you can't do it.....

Current Employee - Division Leader
    Current Employee - Division Leader

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Fantastic training and support for helping you start your own business within a business!
    Unlimited market potential for all ages who are grossly underserved in becoming debt free and financially independent!
    Personal development comes with the job naturally, and carries through to all aspects of you life!
    If you never heard of Primerica, that's because we don't advertise, thereby saving our clients millions, I mean when you think about Financial Service companies that do advertise, who pays for the commercial?

Cons

Those who become involved, but expect a pay check for doing nothing but showing up to meetings will be disappointed and blame Primerica for their failures, and crash out of the business.
    Going in business for yourself in Primerica, against companies that are structured with a sales force that is on a low pay-scale or setup their office locations on a company draw and have a quota of orders to fill each month create a competition that puts the consumer in the middle, but thank goodness there are people out there that can tell the difference, and are not afraid to ask questions and explore their options...

Keep on keepin' on!
    We do what's right 100% of the time.

Life changing

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Opens your eyes to a whole new world. Take control of your own finances and teach others to do the same. Learn to be more positive and optimistic.

Cons

You must get out of your comfort zone.

If you want to work, then you can make money.

Current Employee - District Leader in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you find the good offices, you will get all you need to succeed. People think they don't have to work and the money will come. Unfortunately, there are so many people like that in this world. I work 5-6 days a week, sitting with families and helping them with their insurance needs, investment needs, and debt needs. I've saved people's houses, and set others up for a retirement they never could have dreamed of. BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT TO WORK!!

Cons

It's commission based and you have to be motivated. That defines 20% of the population, so I guess a con would be that people who get the opportunity and squander it feel the need to bash the company in anonymous postings online. No health benefits.

The sky is the limit...you are capable of achieving success while helping others achieve peace of mind.

I have been working at Primerica (more than 3 years)

Pros

90 day challenge for new recruits - possibility to make $ immediately! There are products and services you can provide and showcase to individuals/families before becoming officially licensed. Contrary to belief, we do more than insurance and investments. Our keen focus is helping people financially reach their goals, starting with creating a budget with tools that help you maintain one. Training to do our job is available in class, on line, in office...no fail system in place. You are allowed to be coached until you feel comfortable to handle appointments on your own. The rewards never end. This is NOT a pyramid scheme. The only company that you can make more money than your "boss" based off of your own skills and efforts! The teams you become a part of are like family, mentors, disciples of change. I have never met so many successful people, no matter what they're profiting, I'm talking thousands to millions, who vocally put God at the top of the reason for their success. Negativity is not allowed! With Action, there are Rewards! No corporate office drama, no waiting on promotions, no education requirements, just a willingness to be coached and learn.

Cons

You work on your own schedule from home, from the office, from your car...your choice. You have the option to build a team or work alone. Creativeness, being open minded is the key. You will build the confidence to come out of your shell. There are endless resources to building sales and recruiting. You can build your business either way.

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for the best support system ever!

Great Working Experience in Sales

Current Employee - Senior Representative in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in McAllen, TX

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay opportunities, excellent training, paid licensing, working your own schedule, bonuses, learning personal finance, and more.

Cons

Sales experience needed, pay is dependent on sales made.

Primerica Photos