Primerica Reviews

333 reviews filtered by

1. How it works.

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent True Business Ownership Opportunity
    NO Franchise Fees
    Excellent Training
    Sponsorship of all licenses
    Make money even before getting license
    Provides an amazing business website, very low monthly cost!
    ONLY $99 to the State for background check and 16 hour Licensing course.
    Bonus incentives

Cons

Training offices aren't always within 10 miles of your residence.

2. Primerica a company with many opportunities

I worked at Primerica (More than 10 years)

Pros

Education Resources
    Flat management structure
    Good place for Women
    Life/Work balance
    Many opportunities to advance

Cons

Very low pay for some entry level positions
    No bonuses for non management positions

Advice to Management

Add bonus program for key non-management personnel

3. Need a savings and a lot of patience to succeed!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Primerica

Pros

Positive reinforcements, positive emails and quotes and a coach to help you (somewhat) so you don't fall flat on your face. Training is good because the trainer will help you pass the exam only if you study and do the homework. However, the online practice tests and to track your commissions, cost a fee ($25/mo).

Cons

Compensation structure is definitely low for the industry. When starting out, you must have a full time job doing something else before diving in both feet first. Your RVP may make around six figures (or over in most cases) but they have been at their position for a minimum of 6-10 years before reaching that income potential. Prior to that, they were barely making it. They either had a spouse who worked full time and was the main breadwinner or, were single without a lot of bills to worry about. Starting at first, you can have the potential of making $1000/mo but that is a lot more blood, sweat and tears to bargain for. After training, you have the potential to make a $500 quick start bonus. That allows your up-line sponsor to ride with you while working your "warm" leads. You must devise a list of "qualified" families who would take advantage of the Primerica suite (i.e. Life and auto insurance, and debt watchers). You cannot work that list until you are fully licensed in life insurance (sometimes life and casualty (auto)). Until that point, your up-line sponsor is working the list and getting the commissions. Basically, to you, your lead list is "warm" but to your up-line sponsor, it is "hot". If you do not mind having someone work off your leads until you are licensed, then this may be the thing for you. If you are male and married, I have advice for you...If your wife does not have the following conditions, Primerica may work for you in the long run: Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Mood Swings, Emotional breakdowns or any other mental condition. You may laugh but your wife would appreciate you more if you did not work yourself to the bone making poverty level income for 1-5 years.

Advice to Management

Pay a base salary (seeing this is 100% sales) and stop throwing the lofty dream of being a business owner (when you are still working for the man and a brand). Being a business owner is one of two things: Owning a business as a sole proprietor and or LLC, or owning a franchise. Either or. Not a MLM style business where the person on top gets the income while the guys on the bottom starve for 1-5 years before making a decent living. When it is too good to be true, it normally is!

5. My experience has been decent; however, opportunities for advancement into managerial positions are limited.

Current Employee - Trade Principal in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Trade Principal in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

The benefits are really good. You're fully vested from day one. Not many places offer 17 days of vacation, 6 sick days, 1 volunteer day that can be used from day one.

Cons

I find nepotism to be used more than selecting the "best candidate for the job" formula. No enough diversity in management.

Advice to Management

There is a disconnect between those of us who perform daily tasks and those in offices. The gap should be bridged when developing job specific criteria.

6. Great for part-time 1099 income

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You set your own hours. No quotas. Once you are state licensed, you can always take your license to another company if you leave. Excellent option for moms who want to work part-time and choose their own hours. Great training, I learned a lot about financial services and personal development.

Cons

Not for everybody. You must be self-motivated and persistent.

AMAZING company!

Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Primerica

Pros

You get to help families get on the right track and set your own schedule. The leaders believe in putting God first, family second, and work third. Love this company!

Cons

It's not for everyone, you have to be motivated.

Best thing I ever did was join Primerica

Current Employee - National Sales Director
    Current Employee - National Sales Director

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. I can sleep at night. I feel fantastic about what I have been able to do for people. I have delivered over $20,000,000.00 in death claims to friends and family during their time of deepest sorrow and distress. I've helped people retire, I have helped people become debt free. I have created 100s of jobs.
    2. I can make pretty good money. For 34 years I've earned between $100,000 and 250,000 a year.
    3. I'm FREE. I have no boss, can set my own hours and call my own shots and have the company pay for fabulous trips to the exotic and desirable places in the world.

Cons

It isn't the company's fault but there is negative press on the internet that portrays the company incorrectly. It is frustrating when clients will believe the negative stuff and you know that they will be the ones that are hurt by it.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!

9. Months before you see compensation

Former Employee - Management/Customer Service in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Management/Customer Service in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great opportunity, very legit and you get to travel .

Cons

You have to pay a $99 fee for a background check. You have to have license issues by the state on order to make the money & that requires a state class. After the class you take the test & then after that it's still some time before you receive your license so it's a long process and could take months after months before you get to actually start making money. Also it's kind of like telemarketing.

Advice to Management

Keep your office super professional

Company

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Freedom to work as you please. Not a typical 9-5 type of job and the products pretty much sell themselves.

Cons

100% commission and it is multilevel marketing

11. Intern

I worked at Primerica

Pros

- Expanding knowledge on life insurance, fully pay for life insurance license, working in fun teams and on projects.

Cons

Very pushy in finding clients, pay is based off commission.

Primerica Photos