Primerica Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

4.1

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • personal development, sales skills, product training, professionalism, unlimited income potential, (in 12 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The target market is your net working, and the sales rep is solely commission based position (in 9 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

You learn how money works.

I have been working at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn how money works.

Cons

Not a very good training program.

Excellent!!!

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative

I have been working at Primerica as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The office culture is a lot like a startup tech company. The company has great mentorship programs and career advancment.

Cons

Its definately not a company for lazy people. You do have to earn your stripes.

Good opportunity

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Primerica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Motivated, family environment. Good upbeat atmosphere and very competitive. Meet a great group of people that will rally and ultimately help you be successful.

Cons

Base pay, travel, calls. Travel does wear and tear on your car, no company cars. Advancement is difficult especially at the entry level position.

Company cars

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The greatest amount of opportunity with the least amount of risk

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

A 15 percent raise in one month that could have been done in a day is a great thing.

Cons

If you quit you will never be successful. The only con is if you create one

Find as many trainers as you can

Great Company

Current Employee - Regional Vice President  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always deliver more than promised. They are a always looking for ways to increase our compensation and at the same time lower expense to the client.

Cons

People misunderstand the company. The biggest challenge I have had is overcoming the ignorance of those who haven't taken the time to find out the truth about the company/opportunity.

Followed through on promises for me

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Earned more for many years than I ever could have at a regular job, with no degree. Freedom of time, I worked around my families schedule. Positive, focused environment.

Cons

Too many people hype this legitimate, commission based opportunity and it's sets up unreasonable expectations. It is fully commission based and some don't like that.

AMAZING!

Current Employee - Senior Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Representative

I have been working at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Full training. Unlimited help. I have been blessed with a fabulous upline. You get paid for the amount of work you put in.

Cons

It can be a tough business. Preconceived notions from the public.

A true lifetime experience for me and my family, as people would truly only dream of.

Current Employee - Regional Vice President  in  Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that continues to do what's right for EVERY customer, and builds a business, to truly build family positions, that challenges and compensates greatly achieved and competitive superstars...a lot like other people only wish they were achieving.

Cons

Taking this company seriously is the key to great compensation. Primerica is the company that you receive what you have planned, no exceptions what so ever in any way shape or form.

If you plan on building your life, you have to be willing to do the work. There's no need to blame anyone else, if you aren't willing or ready to stand up as your own company owner.

Learn a lot about how to be financially responsible but not a realistic career option.

Former Employee - District Leader  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - District Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free to make my own hours and set my own appointments. When you made a sale the commissions were pretty large. Everyone i worked with was enthusiastic and excited about the opportunity. They help you earn your life insurance license as well as a security license if thats the path you want to choose

Cons

This is straight commission company with a really strange structure. Its not what i would call a pyramid scheme but it is fairly close. Knowing when and how much you were going to get paid was a confusing process. No training on how to build a team and find clients.

Introducing any type of salary or benefits would make the opportunity much more attractive. Be clear about how commissions are paid including reversals.

Primerica - The New Corporate America: NOT!

Current Employee - Division Leader  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Division Leader in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Primerica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Setting your own hours and getting paid based on my efforts. Leaving corporate America after 25 years in the workforce was a decision I made in 2013 after being downsized from the 4th company in 6 years. There is no longer security in the workforce, no work - life balance, and definitely no room for growth or income to keep up with inflation. I make more money now working 2 hours a week ($750) than I did working 40 hours a week! The company is very supportive, offers contests, free trips, and the opportunity to grow your own business within a huge established profitable company. Primerica brings back the opportunities that corporate America no longer offers!

Cons

At first there was a learning curve as there is with any new opportunity, but with company support and the support of my RVP and Team leader, I was promoted within 30 days and on the fast-track to success!!! As of November 1, 2013 I received 3 promotions making me a Division leader and working with a team of my own (24 and growing).

Keep up the great work and implementing current and top of the line technology that sets us apart from all other companies!!!!!!

I just love this company - It has truly changed my life!!!

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!