Primerica

Primerica Reviews

Updated December 21, 2014
Updated December 21, 2014
4.0

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • And the ability to own your own business, and unlimited income potential and passive income (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Life changing!! Just not the right time.

Former Employee - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - District Leader in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This opportunity strengthened my leadership and interpersonal skills. I was able to travel and meet people with lifestyles that were way beyond anything I had experienced. This expanded my goals and what I want for my family. The office I was a part of was very dynamic and growth was inevitable. Being part of Primerica changed my worldview. I am so thankful to have experienced and grown through that environment!

Cons

You have to work like never before to get your team trained and ready to succeed. Like in any company, your success is tied to your team; however, if you're recruiting people who aren't as dedicated as you, you're going to have a really though time. You also have to deal with people's emotional problems. You are your team's Coach, Head of Sales, Head of HR, Head of Recruiting, Boss, Nanny and Friend. Your team becomes your new family so it can be emotionally and professionally challenging when your team and/or you is not performing well. If you decided to quit before succeeding, you will most likely incur A LOT of debt since logically you must invest in something worthwhile/your business. (All businesses do this). Debt is a disease that is very difficult to get rid of. You must stay true to yourself and realize daily that what you do for families truly makes a difference. Keep the flame to financial freedom for you, your team, and your clients going!

Always lead by example and build relationships based on what your team likes to do, not necessary X or Y contest; then, these relationships will be long lasting. A strong relationship is worth gold, don't shun people who choose to do something else with their lives. We're all just trying to do what's best for our us and our families. Thanks for stepping up and leading so many of us to self-improve!

Financial Help for Main Street Americans!

Former Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Division Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Primerica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It all depends on your RVP. When you become part of a strong group, Primerica is a place where you can grow and help families live better, more financially informed and financially fee lives

Cons

This is a great place to start when you are young and can live lean. It is a tough place to start if you are mid-career or have a family to support

American Business!

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Wheaton, MD
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Wheaton, MD

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Start-up cost, Financial concepts are spectacular. I've learned things that will allow me to actually be able to retire, with the ability to show others! Amazing environments.

Cons

Really no downside, just learn the business.

Regional Leader

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership, great training, awesome opportunity for self-improvement

Cons

Tough work-life balance, awkward hours

Encourage work-life balance. Less pressure with production.

Awesome/rewarding career

Current Employee - Supervisor in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Only corporate job I have had that actually feels like everyone is a family. The company takes care of us and treats us like valuable employees and not just a number. No wonder they're so many people who have been working here for so long. Would recommend to anyone looking to have a meaningful career and not just be another number to a company's bottom line.

Cons

Really hard to get a job at this company. Turnover is very low and you almost need to know someone who knows someone.

Keep on keeping on

5 Star Company

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility to get paid what your worth, Ability to earn ownership, and unlimited promotions, and flexibility to start part-time and transition full-time.

Cons

Flexibility to get paid what your worth

(Which is scary for most people)

Have salary based positions

The Greatest Oppurtunity

I have been working at Primerica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overrides , Hard work but once you expand your team its the best

Cons

Challenges is starting from scratch and getting past rejections

So much hype, very little gain

Former Employee - Insur in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Insur in Riverside, CA

I worked at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The facilities are nice and they always have something going on to build up the teamwork as well as really friendly people. They are always willing to help you and encourage you when things are not going your way.

Cons

There is too much hype but not enough gain. Unless you are an exceptional sales person and you know alot of people it is hard to get any money out of it. You can go months without receiving any money though you put more than a hundred dollars into it for the hope of getting a big paycheck.

Too Much Hype and False Hope

Former Employee - Division
    Former Employee - Division

I worked at Primerica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Families need life insurance and level term is the way to go. The company provides good products but making a living is nearly impossible.

Cons

They will hire anyone, the focus is recruit recruit recruit. It's really a churn and burn, hire someone, burn through their warm market to write business, then move on. The failure rate is extremely high but they won't tell you that. If it's not working for you or you're not all in they will make you feel like a loser. The people that succeed are masters at mind games and dealers of false hope. I've seen people get excited and quit their jobs, only to be screwed a few months later. If you don't make it you will be singled out as lazy or wanting something for nothing, very cultish with heavy koolaid flowing. I would NOT recommend trying Primerica unless you DON'T need to earn money. I watched the 'top producers' carefully, they really worked hard and did not make that much. There are some big earners but they're few and far.

Too much emphasis on recruiting. How does an office 'hire' 200 people in a year and properly train them?

Deceiving

I worked at Primerica part-time

Pros

Ability to control how much income you make

Cons

The team was not honest about the work from the beginning.

Primerica Photos