Primerica Reviews

Updated March 27, 2015
325 reviews filtered by

What an incredible opportunity I was given!

Current Employee - Senior Representative in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Representative in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros- There are several.
    - I set my own hours
    - I do not have a cap to my income
    - I get residual income on everything I do
    - I get support from a Regional Vice President
    - The harder I work the more I get paid

Cons

Cons- There are a few.
    - Need a background check which was not an issue for me
    - it requires working with and helping people which I'm okay with but that means people skills
    - if you don't work, you won't earn a lot of money until you have residual income

Management should keep moving forward with hiring new applicants, as well as opening new offices. IMO that is what will help new associates like me feel like we have a chance to open our own office.

I bet you can't do it.....

Current Employee - Division Leader
    Current Employee - Division Leader

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Fantastic training and support for helping you start your own business within a business!
    Unlimited market potential for all ages who are grossly underserved in becoming debt free and financially independent!
    Personal development comes with the job naturally, and carries through to all aspects of you life!
    If you never heard of Primerica, that's because we don't advertise, thereby saving our clients millions, I mean when you think about Financial Service companies that do advertise, who pays for the commercial?

Cons

Those who become involved, but expect a pay check for doing nothing but showing up to meetings will be disappointed and blame Primerica for their failures, and crash out of the business.
    Going in business for yourself in Primerica, against companies that are structured with a sales force that is on a low pay-scale or setup their office locations on a company draw and have a quota of orders to fill each month create a competition that puts the consumer in the middle, but thank goodness there are people out there that can tell the difference, and are not afraid to ask questions and explore their options...

Keep on keepin' on!
    We do what's right 100% of the time.

3. Independent Contractor / Registered Representative

Current Contractor - Registered Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Contractor - Registered Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great money earning potential. Manage your own time. You're in business for yourself, not by yourself. Lots of support and a largely untapped market.

Cons

Because Representatives earn through recruits as well as products, recruiting is emphasized. Thus, creating an external view of the company that is of a pyramidal structure in nature or "hierarchy" as it's called. Unfortunately, from the outset the company does have a "pyramid scheme" reputation. However, if you have a strong sales backbone, you won't let that get in the way of your success. Also, like in any investment business where you manage your own decisions, when you're starting out; you must tap into your personal contacts in order to create a book of business and stay in what is called a "warm market."

Devote time to providing a serious, structured training program and/or seminars for licensed Representatives on Life Insurance, Mutual Funds and other products. There is no guideline or detailed paths to follow for orientation. As a result, many newcomers feel disoriented, despite the big dreams that are promoted by other Reps. with their projected presentations.

5. Thanks for the opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Leader
    Current Employee - Regional Leader

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm 71 and have 3 degrees. Needed to supplement my social security income but the only job I could find was selling cars long hours and poor pay. Primerica does not discriminate at all and gives everyone a chance. Great people, great training and what an excellent and needed service helping middle income families. What Primerica does is change peoples lives. .

Cons

There is only one catch in Primerica and its a four letter word. WORK. If you are lazy, looking for a handout, not willing to learn something new then Primerica is not for you.

Keep doing what you are doing

6. great opportunity

Former Employee - Regional Leader in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Regional Leader in Columbia, SC

I worked at Primerica

Pros

If you think you may enjoy working in financial services, this company offers you the chance to start part-time

Cons

Make sure you join an active office (weekly rep meetings/training) with admin. support. You don't want to learn this business alone.

7. Put your time in if you want it to be worth it

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

The coworkers are typically all very similar people

Cons

There are many restrictions and the management team is very impersonal.

8. Primerica isn't for me.

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Primerica

Pros

You can make Uncapped Commissions.

Cons

Very hard to sell bad products.

Get better products. Pay a base salary, and don't just prey on the weak.

9. Great company and flexible hours. Hard to do well but it's possible for sure to make a lot of money

I worked at Primerica

Pros

Money and flexible hours help

Cons

Not truthful about what you really

Help

10. Life changing

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

Opens your eyes to a whole new world. Take control of your own finances and teach others to do the same. Learn to be more positive and optimistic.

Cons

You must get out of your comfort zone.

11. If you want to work, then you can make money.

Current Employee - District Leader in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you find the good offices, you will get all you need to succeed. People think they don't have to work and the money will come. Unfortunately, there are so many people like that in this world. I work 5-6 days a week, sitting with families and helping them with their insurance needs, investment needs, and debt needs. I've saved people's houses, and set others up for a retirement they never could have dreamed of. BUT YOU HAVE TO WANT TO WORK!!

Cons

It's commission based and you have to be motivated. That defines 20% of the population, so I guess a con would be that people who get the opportunity and squander it feel the need to bash the company in anonymous postings online. No health benefits.

Primerica Photos