Primerica

Primerica Reviews

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
4.0

Primerica Co-CEO and Director and Chairman, Primerica Distribution John A. Addison Jr.
John A. Addison Jr.

Pros
  • And the ability to own your own business, and unlimited income potential and passive income (in 13 reviews)

• Yes it is part time for the most part, but that makes the process even better (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission based, there is no salary which means that there is no cap on your income (in 12 reviews)

• use of your warm market will be based on your reputation (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

You get what you put into it

Current Employee - Representative Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Representative Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Training here is entirely provided by the company.
    - Weekly meetings to motivate all agents and set goals for the month are fun and exciting!
    - Opportunity to change people's lives via freeing up
    - Work at your own pace.

Cons

- Easy to get discouraged when potential clients and recruits deny your efforts to help them.
    - No established salary. Paid only by commission.
    - Licensing courses, while not difficult, are very time consuming and tedious in nature.

- Keep more in contact with your agents. Hearing your voice can keep them focused to sell.

The best company to represent

Current Employee - Agent in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Independency. Excellent training and agent's support

Cons

Great leadership...... Opportunity to learn about finance

Recruit or be forgotten.

Former Employee - District Leader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - District Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Primerica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make your own hours based on client schedules. This usually means go to their house during dinner time or on the weekends. The knowledge you gain is very beneficial for your own life. It changed my personal financial situation forever. Great incentives if you recruit AND sell.
    If you follow the path they give you it should work well for you.

Cons

The company name is associated with "pyramid". It's not a pyramid scheme but people think it is and will shy away from business with you if you don't approach them the right way. I found the recruiting emphasis was a bit much. I met plenty of recruiting machines that had almost no idea how investing worked. They would get the new recruit life licensed, burn through their warm market, and move on to the next recruit.

Give better incentives to top producers. Don't make everything about recruiting. There seems to be no room for a good salesman who doesn't want to recruit.

Mom with 8 kids--THIS BUSINESS WORKS for people who work!

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Cedar City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to start part-time; no quotas; no cap on income. . . the company pays for your licensing, training and E & O insurance costs. Ability to expand and grow a business with residual income that can be passed on for generations. The licensing and on-going training alone will teach you more about personal finance than any college regimen--for FREE. The leadership in the company is phenomenal! Humble, self-less and truly invested in helping everyone win!

Cons

Need to elevate your thinking! Gotta grow yourself and your people skills. . . not real cons if you think about it. :)

Thank you for your integrity! Thank you for this amazing opportunity and fighting for our ability to separate from Citi and become an independent, publicly-traded stand-out!

Not worth the training

Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker in New York, NY

I have been working at Primerica part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It offered flexibility for people like me;at the time I was a student so when I heard about it I quickly ran for the opportunity it is also not a very hard course and not too pricey

Cons

Not worth the money, it's all about who is on top, was basically impossible for me to move up I would not recommend

Stop giving false hope

Life changing.

Current Employee - District Leader in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - District Leader in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Primerica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Primerica is the only place where being HUMBLE is a requirement for success. You get positive incentives so you work hard and succeed. When you're an employee you work so you do not get fired.

Cons

You need excellent leadership to succeed in Primerica. You must be a very good learner and must either have or develop leadership skills. You must not get distracted with other things. Always ask yourself, "would I do this if I was an employee for a company?" For example, would I wake up at 11am on weekdays if I was an employee? Of course not, then don't do it here! You're your own boss! Your working to make YOUR dreams come true, not anybody else's. Which means you should demand even more of yourself than your boss ever would!

Follow the money trail Map out the money trail first, meaning how much money do you want to make to start off; say 50K

I worked at Primerica part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Anyone who possess the skills to be somewhat successful in this business will make more money on their own.

Cons

Now map out what you need to do to sustain that year after year. Don't buy into the leaving your family a legacy or being your own boss and setting your own schedules or your helping people crap. Its all a ploy to get your immediate market locked in and when that is dried up you have to cold call or network while others make money of of your sweat.

quit lying...

Total SCAM!!!! DO NOT work for this company. They lie to pull you in and are dishonest. They prey on the weak.

I have been working at Primerica full-time

Pros

There are no Pros I can honestly say.

Cons

These are SCAM artists who are dishonest. They tell you how much you are going to make a million times then they don't follow up. Total B.S. company.

Stop preying on the weak!

lot of work and no pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Primerica

Pros

People are nice to work with

Cons

Charge backs and no pay

10 years

Current Employee - RVP in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - RVP in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Primerica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

you have the ability to make what ever you feel you are worth. you can build total freedom from a boss, money issues, by building a business that will pay you and your family forever. helping others accomplish their goals and dreams. this business teaches you to self improve, i.e read books, become a better overall person. you can win 2-3 all expense paid trips per year to great locations. we teach anyone that wants to win can win here.

Cons

for some hard work is a negative

Primerica Photos