Primex Wireless Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Paul Shekoski

1. Primex Wireless has a great heritage, good products, few perks, mid-level salary.

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

I really enjoyed the work, the product lines and I felt my past experiences and knowledge was used.

Cons

Needed marketing direction, seemed to be unclear as to direction.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stick to a plan, without such huge swings, which have huge effect on employees.

2. Good company but lacked structure for my position

Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless

Pros

Very flexible part time shifts. Very independent work where your goals were in front of you and they trusted you to get the job done.

Cons

After the project you were on was done it was like they hadn't planned for anything else. The former indepedence turned into a structured-less position where you weren't really sure what was next.

Advice to Management

While the independence was great, you still need to pay a closer attention to your employees.

Primex Wireless provides the flexibility of a small company with experiences and culture of larger company.

Current Employee - Development in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Development in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yes, we have benefits, flexible hours, remote options, casual days, etc, but if you're looking for those things before anything else please don't come to work here. However, if you enjoy working, and if you're looking for excitement, new technologies, learning new things, direct customer contacts, and something to look forward to everyday, then PW is the place for you, and you're someone I'd like to have as a colleague. I've worked for a number of different companies in my life, so I speak from experience.

Cons

We're still in a transition mode to something better.

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the direction you're headed and the rewards will be noticeable.

5. Great opportunity, squandered!

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, really good products when they are ready. The company will do whatever is necessary to deliver a positive experience to it's customers.

Cons

Plenty of back stabbing and unrealistic timelines to put unnecessary pressure on the working managers and their subordinates.

Advice to Management

Don't expect the market to respond to your expectations. The rush to launch and the push to ship product ASAP regardless of customer want dates has done nothing positive for moral or earnings.

10 year former employee

Former Employee - Technical in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Technical in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Owner of company had a vision for the future and spent the money to make it happen. Sales knew the market and what the customers needs were. Owner allowed engineering to grow and a great team was formed. Owner personally knew every employee (over 450) and NOBODY was scared when he came into the building. Growth was in two digit figures year after year - until a new CEO was brought in.

Cons

CEO hired came from China - and brought the "slave employee concept" to the company. Mangerment that had grown the company at fantastic rates all were replaced by high priced empty heads that new nothing about the business. CEO tried to run the company like it was a huge corporation - and it failed miserably. Lots of great people (and good paying jobs) now all gone. It was sad to see how fast PS trashed the place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of top management. Send the CEO back to China where that sort of management style might work!

7. Primex has been challenging, but rewarding. They've always treated me fairly and with respect.

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Macomb, MI
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work schedule. Work from home. Travel to some fun cities. Good base salary. Rich incentive compensation plan. Work/life balance is emphasized from management. People here are absolutely great; working with friends.

Cons

Travel is usually alone. Longer sales cycles. New products getting traction, but not closing quickly. High turnover among sales people. Not everyone is happy here. Small company, so everyone wears many hats; sometimes overwhelming for some.

Good people, bad management

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People and Good Products

Cons

Bad management. Does not live company culture. High company turn-over. Lots of sales people get fired.

Advice to Management

Live the culture.

9. Possibly the worst organization I ever worked for...

Former Employee - Sales in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

Can't think of one. Smart geek oriented folks that appear to be very good at what they do but don't share that info.

Cons

Mico manage each aspect of day. Managers not leaders that are totally unwilling to standup for their employees. Awful human resource person that believes the world revolves around her. Awful department leadership...

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs. Quit promoting people because you have no where else to put them. Get rid of RH now.

Great products, pity about management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

Incredibly, the company employs some of the most professional personalities in the industry. It was an honor to work with many of them.

Cons

The clear incompetence of senior management, the disgraceful manner in which employees were treated, the exceptionally high ratio of good staff turnover, the total disregard of bright and useful ideas from staff who knew their subjects and the inconceivable transformation of a previously happy working environment to one of fear and back stabbing.

Advice to Management

For the sake of a once great company with fantastic and innovative products, please, please change the suicide direction currently being followed. This can only be accomplished by the immediate replacement of the CEO for someone who knows the business and can navigate Primex away from the rocks.

Great people, products, and customers. CEO is incompetent and abusive to his staff.

Former Employee - Vice President in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Vice President in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

Great culture, in spite of the leadership at the top. Industry leader, dedicated employees, and great customers.

Cons

Executive leadership is not encouraged to lead. CEO is the worst I have ever seen - but he thinks he is a genius. Truly tragic.

Advice to Management

Owners should speed the CEO on to his next career opportunity.

RSS Feed </> Embed