Primex Wireless Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
13 reviews filtered by
3.1
Paul Shekoski

1. Primex Wireless has a great heritage, good products, few perks, mid-level salary.

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

I really enjoyed the work, the product lines and I felt my past experiences and knowledge was used.

Cons

Needed marketing direction, seemed to be unclear as to direction.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stick to a plan, without such huge swings, which have huge effect on employees.

2. Good company but lacked structure for my position

Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless

Pros

Very flexible part time shifts. Very independent work where your goals were in front of you and they trusted you to get the job done.

Cons

After the project you were on was done it was like they hadn't planned for anything else. The former indepedence turned into a structured-less position where you weren't really sure what was next.

Advice to Management

While the independence was great, you still need to pay a closer attention to your employees.

3. Primex Wireless provides the flexibility of a small company with experiences and culture of larger company.

Current Employee - Development in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Development in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Yes, we have benefits, flexible hours, remote options, casual days, etc, but if you're looking for those things before anything else please don't come to work here. However, if you enjoy working, and if you're looking for excitement, new technologies, learning new things, direct customer contacts, and something to look forward to everyday, then PW is the place for you, and you're someone I'd like to have as a colleague. I've worked for a number of different companies in my life, so I speak from experience.

Cons

We're still in a transition mode to something better.

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the direction you're headed and the rewards will be noticeable.

5. Everyone should aspire to work in a company like this

Current Contractor - Program Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Contractor - Program Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Primex Wireless as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work here - Brian B & his team. Smart personable professionals that know how to run a project. Brian is an excellent intelligent leader and team player that is great to work with.

Cons

The biggest challenge is this project is short term. The ending will be challenging because I won't be able to work with this great group anymore.

Advice to Management

Hire more like Brian.

6. Decent products and employees. Mgmt not so great

Former Contractor - Tech Support in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Contractor - Tech Support in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, good training program, you support some pretty good products.

Cons

They hire primarily through temp agencies. You have to work there 3 months before you know if there MIGHT be an offer of a full-time job.

The full-time pay is still only $13/hour.

You have to contribute to health insurance.

When I started I asked about their turnover. They said they were working on improving that issue.
    But as soon as I mentioned that I was still looking for a full-time job, they terminated my temp job.

No wonder they have high turnover!

Advice to Management

If you invest HALF as much in your employees as you ask them to invest, you could hold on to your best employees.

7. Great opportunity, squandered!

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, really good products when they are ready. The company will do whatever is necessary to deliver a positive experience to it's customers.

Cons

Plenty of back stabbing and unrealistic timelines to put unnecessary pressure on the working managers and their subordinates.

Advice to Management

Don't expect the market to respond to your expectations. The rush to launch and the push to ship product ASAP regardless of customer want dates has done nothing positive for moral or earnings.

8. 10 year former employee

Former Employee - Technical in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Technical in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Owner of company had a vision for the future and spent the money to make it happen. Sales knew the market and what the customers needs were. Owner allowed engineering to grow and a great team was formed. Owner personally knew every employee (over 450) and NOBODY was scared when he came into the building. Growth was in two digit figures year after year - until a new CEO was brought in.

Cons

CEO hired came from China - and brought the "slave employee concept" to the company. Mangerment that had grown the company at fantastic rates all were replaced by high priced empty heads that new nothing about the business. CEO tried to run the company like it was a huge corporation - and it failed miserably. Lots of great people (and good paying jobs) now all gone. It was sad to see how fast PS trashed the place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of top management. Send the CEO back to China where that sort of management style might work!

9. Primex has been challenging, but rewarding. They've always treated me fairly and with respect.

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Macomb, MI
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Macomb, MI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work schedule. Work from home. Travel to some fun cities. Good base salary. Rich incentive compensation plan. Work/life balance is emphasized from management. People here are absolutely great; working with friends.

Cons

Travel is usually alone. Longer sales cycles. New products getting traction, but not closing quickly. High turnover among sales people. Not everyone is happy here. Small company, so everyone wears many hats; sometimes overwhelming for some.

10. Good people, bad management

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lake Geneva, WI
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lake Geneva, WI

I have been working at Primex Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People and Good Products

Cons

Bad management. Does not live company culture. High company turn-over. Lots of sales people get fired.

Advice to Management

Live the culture.

11. Possibly the worst organization I ever worked for...

Former Employee - Sales in Lake Geneva, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Lake Geneva, WI

I worked at Primex Wireless

Pros

Can't think of one. Smart geek oriented folks that appear to be very good at what they do but don't share that info.

Cons

Mico manage each aspect of day. Managers not leaders that are totally unwilling to standup for their employees.
    Awful human resource person that believes the world revolves around her.
    Awful department leadership...

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs. Quit promoting people because you have no where else to put them. Get rid of RH now.