Primitive Logic Reviews

3.8
Jill Reber

1. Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours Management listens to you on what kind of project you want to work on. Support personal growth, building a career path

Cons

We could use more sales people and shadowing/training programs

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I hit the ground running exactly a year ago and could not be happier. I was immersed on a project team right away, and the people at Primitive Logic have put me in a position to succeed on the client site as well as internally. The people I work with challenge me and push me to do better everyday. The flexibility is one of the best things about Primitive Logic. Management understands we have lives outside of the workplace and encourage us to have a balance.

Cons

Due to the nature of Consulting not all the employees are in the main office, as they are at client's sites often. Still, whenever everyone is together there is a great family culture about the workplace.

3. Nice to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Nice people to work with. Excellent camaraderie among peers.

Cons

Not up to par with market pay packages. Health benefits could be much better.

5. As one of the few undergraduate hires in PL’s history, it’s hard to imagine a better place to start my career.

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

In contrast to some of the larger consulting firms, Primitive Logic boasts a supportive, team-oriented group of employees spread between San Francisco (HQ), Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Arizona – all fun places to be on a project. The majority of employees have been in their industry 10+ years, including Oracle, Salesforce, and Birst experts. Over the years, PL has done a great job recruiting good people and retaining top talent. After celebrating our 30th Anniversary last year, there is a sense of excitement as the company continues to experience exponential growth. After I was hired, PL exposed me to a wide variety of projects and made a conscious effort to find an opportunity that matched both my skill set and career interests. My managers have always found a healthy balance of putting me in a position to succeed while presenting challenges and opportunities for growth on a regular basis. That’s all a young kid fresh out of college – or really anyone – could ask for. Every project isn’t created equal. It’s not all gravy, but at the end of the day that’s the nature of consulting – work hard and you will be rewarded. I am proud to be a part of this team, and highly recommend motivated individuals join us at the forefront of business technology and strategy.

Cons

- Limited organized gatherings and opportunities to spend time with coworkers outside the office due to travel requirements - Coffee machine is old school

Advice to Management

A handful of Glassdoor reviewers seem to enjoy picking on management. Since I’ve been here, albeit a short time, our CEO and VPs have demonstrated a genuine effort to increase transparency and communication (weekly internal email, internal company surveys, monthly lunch and learns, Monday group coffee breaks, etc.). I have personal connections with these people, and tremendous confidence in their ability to grow and manage our company. To those concerned with a cloud of uncertainty surrounding our strategy, understand we’ve immersed ourselves in an ever-changing technological landscape that inevitably requires us to adapt and change directions. This ability to evolve is what makes us unique and successful.

Loyalty and Hard Work Will Be Rewarded

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top notch co-workers, Management that is very capable and flexible, Personal needs almost always met if reasonable, interesting projects, great clients, friendly environment, culture of meritocracy

Cons

Consulting in general expects heavy workloads and hours, rate expectations are high, utilization is high so bench can be thin when resources are needed.

Advice to Management

Continue with incentive-based plans for sales representatives, find additional ways to form unified culture across disparate projects and technical/functional fields,

Amazing Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Primitive Logic is the smallest company I have worked for, however it is my favorite. Big doesn't allows mean better. The management team is very approachable and it is evident that they care about the people. We have an amazing work-life-balance which means I am more productive and a happier person when I am in the office. It is an entrepreneurial environment which allows you to try on many hats and own your career growth. I would highly recommend working for Primitive Logic.

Cons

We are becoming more national, therefore it is hard to have a lot of company-wide team building events.

Great place to work complete with great people

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, great clients to work with and great people. The company has grown a lot in the last couple of years and is heading in a great direction.

Cons

Since the company is so small it's hard to get into a management role; everyone has to be hands-on. The sales team is small and could be more effective; they are working on it though!

staff-aug focused small body shop with disconnected management

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- decent work/life balance - most projects are local and not don't require a lot of schedule - decent salary (though not very competitive given how hot the market and demand is for Salesforce talent) le and skill sets, but it becomes a crazy scramble when they actually get awarded work.

Cons

- staffing model and how resources are matched to projects is haphazard rather than done with intention - placements on unrewarding projects that aren't a good fit or projects with little or no growth opportunity - staff-aug projects are the norm (rather than strategic roles/implementation projects) - absent CEO, disconnected management and nepotism - no real business development = fewer project opportunities, very few new clients, reliance on existing client base - below average PTO and insurance benefits and no 401k match

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Diversify beyond staff-augmentation roles and seek out and prioritize strategic projects for your people.

Great company, great people, great opportunities!

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It's a small company with a lot of talented people and a lot of opportunity for growth. The work-life balance is great as the company truly respects your personal schedule and management can be very flexible as long as you still meet your client commitments. You will get out what you put in at this company; if you are driven and ready to lead, learn, and then help, they are willing to train, guide and let your career take off in a way that will benefit the company as well as your career. Again, you get out what you put in; management is truly awesome if you can approach them professionally, not just whine to them and expect them to solve your problems.

Cons

Because the company is so small and has a lot of projects everyone is busy, especially the leadership team. In most cases, if you want "attention" from the leadership (for company growth reasons or for networking), you really have to reach out and ask for it. They will give it if you ask for it, but this can be seen as a con for new hires who are not as pro-active.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!!

Great people, opportunity for growth and life outside of work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The executive team is not only available, but it appears they truly want to hear from employees and use their feedback to make Primitive Logic the best it can be. They are all experienced and knowledgeable and are happy to share their guidance with anyone who will ask. They have great local clients with interesting projects and have been very sucessful at building strong relationships that get them repeat business. As other reviewers have already mentioned, the work-life balance is great. Not only can you expect to have a life outside of work, but it's possible to achieve career growth without having to prove yourself by the amount of hours you work. It's a straightforward work environment - put your clients first, get the job done, own your career growth and you'll be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Not many cons to report. Occasionally someone will take advantage of the flexibility that comes with work-life balance and won't pull their weight, but management seems to pick up on this quickly and tries to address.

Advice to Management

Keep up your efforts on communication and transparency. The regular updates, visibility into new business and the opportunity to chat with the executive team have all helped get everyone more engaged with the overall business and foster a sense of ownership and community within the organization.

RSS Feed </> Embed