Primitive Logic

www.primitivelogic.com

Primitive Logic Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Primitive Logic – San Francisco – “Primitive Logic”

Primitive Logic – San Francisco – “Primitive Logic”

Jill Reber

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Loyalty and Hard Work Will Be Rewarded

Vice President (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTop notch co-workers, Management that is very capable and flexible, Personal needs almost always met if reasonable, interesting projects, great clients, friendly environment, culture of meritocracy

ConsConsulting in general expects heavy workloads and hours, rate expectations are high, utilization is high so bench can be thin when resources are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with incentive-based plans for sales representatives, find additional ways to form unified culture across disparate projects and technical/functional fields,

Amazing Company to Work For!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPrimitive Logic is the smallest company I have worked for, however it is my favorite. Big doesn't allows mean better. The management team is very approachable and it is evident that they care about the people. We have an amazing work-life-balance which means I am more productive and a happier person when I am in the office. It is an entrepreneurial environment which allows you to try on many hats and own your career growth. I would highly recommend working for Primitive Logic.

ConsWe are becoming more national, therefore it is hard to have a lot of company-wide team building events.

Great place to work complete with great people

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work-life balance, great clients to work with and great people. The company has grown a lot in the last couple of years and is heading in a great direction.

ConsSince the company is so small it's hard to get into a management role; everyone has to be hands-on. The sales team is small and could be more effective; they are working on it though!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

staff-aug focused small body shop with disconnected management

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- decent work/life balance
    - most projects are local and not don't require a lot of schedule
    - decent salary (though not very competitive given how hot the market and demand is for Salesforce talent)

Cons- staffing model and how resources are matched to projects is haphazard rather than done with intention
    - placements on unrewarding projects that aren't a good fit or projects with little or no growth opportunity
    - staff-aug projects are the norm (rather than strategic roles/implementation projects)
    - absent CEO, disconnected management and nepotism
    - no real business development = fewer project opportunities, very few new clients, reliance on existing client base
    - below average PTO and insurance benefits and no 401k match

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Diversify beyond staff-augmentation roles and seek out and prioritize strategic projects for your people.

Great company, great people, great opportunities!

Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's a small company with a lot of talented people and a lot of opportunity for growth. The work-life balance is great as the company truly respects your personal schedule and management can be very flexible as long as you still meet your client commitments. You will get out what you put in at this company; if you are driven and ready to lead, learn, and then help, they are willing to train, guide and let your career take off in a way that will benefit the company as well as your career. Again, you get out what you put in; management is truly awesome if you can approach them professionally, not just whine to them and expect them to solve your problems.

ConsBecause the company is so small and has a lot of projects everyone is busy, especially the leadership team. In most cases, if you want "attention" from the leadership (for company growth reasons or for networking), you really have to reach out and ask for it. They will give it if you ask for it, but this can be seen as a con for new hires who are not as pro-active.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work!!

Great people, opportunity for growth and life outside of work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe executive team is not only available, but it appears they truly want to hear from employees and use their feedback to make Primitive Logic the best it can be. They are all experienced and knowledgeable and are happy to share their guidance with anyone who will ask. They have great local clients with interesting projects and have been very sucessful at building strong relationships that get them repeat business.

As other reviewers have already mentioned, the work-life balance is great. Not only can you expect to have a life outside of work, but it's possible to achieve career growth without having to prove yourself by the amount of hours you work. It's a straightforward work environment - put your clients first, get the job done, own your career growth and you'll be recognized and rewarded.

ConsNot many cons to report. Occasionally someone will take advantage of the flexibility that comes with work-life balance and won't pull their weight, but management seems to pick up on this quickly and tries to address.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your efforts on communication and transparency. The regular updates, visibility into new business and the opportunity to chat with the executive team have all helped get everyone more engaged with the overall business and foster a sense of ownership and community within the organization.

Great opportunities to learn new technologies at local, well-known clients

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong relationship with Oracle who has given us great projects with cutting edge technologies. Awesome bonus - when we work more, we get paid more - why doesn't everyone do this! Not boxed in, can move from developer to architect or tech lead. It's nice to be recognized for doing work.

ConsIt would be great to have more technical people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat idea on paying us more for working harder. Keep strong focus on the newest technologies.

Avoid like the plague!

ProsWork / Life Balance is ok

ConsSales team is not existent - management is always looking to up-sell existing client base. Sooner or later the well is going to dry up. They have a Business Development VP, but for the life of me I don't know what he does. As a result, the newly announced bonus plan will not affect very many people as most consultants will be on the bench at some point. Lots of "smoke and mirrors" at this company. They utilize a ton of sub-contractors for their projects. Company has no documented methodology. As mentioned in previous reviews, management takes care of themselves. They are all ex-Anderson; ex-Accenture people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off you rear ends and determine the kind of company you are. Are you a staff aug. company or are you a consulting company.

solid company heading in the right direction

Developer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat new bonus structure, local work, good work life balance, growing quickly. Great opportunity to grow skills in Oracle/WebLogic Portal Developer, Architecture, and Design.

Consthere wasn't a bonus for developers/tech leads before - so pay was market - but now with the new bonus structure - I can make an extra 15% just by working a few more hours

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the new ideas to continue to motivate us. partnership with Oracle and ability to work with great technology and great people is a big plus

Kindergarten trying to play with big kids

Pros-- Good work/life balance
    -- Flexibility
    -- Decent salary, not great, but comparable in SF
    -- Good working environment

Cons-- lots of nepitism among the ex-Andersen/Accenture people and 10+ year PL veterans
    -- management acts self important giving themselves "titles" and is truly clueless about projects
    -- no real biz dev. Only begging existing clients for more work.
    -- only a few good people -- lots of mediocrity.
    -- have to play visibility and favorites games to get noticed
    -- not a lot of diversity in employee base -- skills, age, background, etc.
    -- put way too much process in place for a 50 person organization (feels like Andersen in the 90s)
    -- poor insurance benefits, no 401K match
    -- worthless stock options
    -- PTO is WAY less than any other consulting organization

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company emails are like child's play -- clip art, happy faces, the whole nine yards. Overly protective of their employees. Threaten them if they try to leave. Profits and money making doesn't trickle down to employees. PL acts like they are on-par with Accenture, CapGemini, Deloitte, and other big players in terms of quality people and skill sets, but it becomes a crazy scramble when they actually get awarded work.

Worked for Primitive Logic? Contribute to the Community!