Primrose School

Updated September 25, 2014
Updated September 25, 2014
3.1

CEO

Pros
  • Very organized, benefits, decent pay, great families to work with (in 4 reviews)

• Great curriculum, pay rate above other child care facilities, management does listen when you need supplies, even if it takes a while (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay, always some sort of maintenance going on while the school was in operation which made the school zone a hazard zone for young kids (in 6 reviews)

• No Benefits, May not be hiring near you (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Work Environemnt

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher  in  Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Carmel, IN

I worked at Primrose School full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved getting to know the families. The management team was phenomenal! I felt a lot of support from our CD and AD.

Cons

it takes a very special person to work 9+ hours a day with young children.
    lack of quality benefit plan...
    they didn't seem to promote from within. they hired a new AD and the staff didn't even know they were looking for a second AD. sad to see, because there were several interested internal people who were interested. it lowered morale because it gave off the impression that they weren't open to promoting from within.

leverage your current staff and promote from within!

Expensive Rooster/ poor quality of education.

I worked at Primrose School

Pros

The pros of working here are that you get to sound snooty when you tell people where you work. This is not a joke it's absolutely the only pro. Oh and if it was actually implemented, the character development program would be a pro.

Cons

Poor, poor, poorly written curriculum. I highly doubt whoever wrote this curriculum has ANY background in early childhood education. The curriculum is filled with hand print art and teacher made art. There is absolutely nothing developmentally appropriate about it. They also use the same equipment from 2's all the way to school age. How ridiculous that a two year old and 9 year old would be using the exact same kitchen set. Look around the rooms they are empty of supplies (no art center, a bucket of blocks, tiny sensory tables, nothing ever on the science table, a tiny kitchen set) and this is what corporate requires. This is what they see as being the "leader in early childhood education". Apparently they see ECE to be a joke because that's what these schools are. Anyone with ACTUAL ECE experience and education won't be happy here. How could you possibly be happy here with corporate sending you a cookie cutter, 1980's hand print style lesson plan.

Don't allow people to open up schools with zero background in the field. Send whoever is writing your lesson plans back to school for early childhood education.

Perfect for college student.

Current Employee - Lead Early Preschool Teacher  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Early Preschool Teacher in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Primrose School full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children are loving and everything is provided.

Cons

Little wage, not much room to grow.

Provide more successors for employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best in the top 5

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher Lead Teacher  in  Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher Lead Teacher in Woodstock, GA

I worked at Primrose School full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was good I had great chances for advancement. I always had my supplies a week in advance and the owners fantastic

Cons

some days the room had to many children not enough teacher

they hired this person who was always talking about the school and personal issues

It ok until sometimes better comes your way

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Primrose School full-time

Pros

I love the children and some parents

Cons

The management was very rude and hard to talk with at times.

Treat your worker with respect and you would not have a high turn over

Good place to work despite owners having "favorites"

I worked at Primrose School full-time

Pros

Great curriculum, pay rate above other child care facilities, management does listen when you need supplies, even if it takes a while. Very well kept, facility is always clean.

Cons

Owners and higher management have a few "favorite" teachers. Their needs are usually met before the needs of the rest of the school. Gossip.

Keep the pay rate above the school across the street. Keep growing the business and try hard not to show your favoritism by giving a couple of teachers special treatment because you like them.

Great place to work at! Parker primrose

I worked at Primrose School

Pros

The owners aren't cheap at all and make sure you have everything you need and more.
    They sometimes give Christmas bonuses.
    The lunches are good.
    The teachers are really nice.
    The pay is good and you get great raises too.
    The owners know everyone personally and you can tell they aren't greedy.

Cons

I had no problems when I worked here it was the best primrose in colorado.

The best place to work by far! I love it here.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Primrose School full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like that the management team is very helpful to us. They provide us the materials that we need to carry out our curriculum.

Cons

The teachers are paid well and not expected to do work at home instead we are given time here to complete class materials on the clock. We are also provided with training on what we are required to know.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Primrose School full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You know what your day will be like. Curriculum provided. Lesson plans and assessments provided. Training and continuing education provided. Vacation time is provided. There is a matching 401K. Very flexible regarding time off. There are quite a few paid off holidays.

Cons

Sometimes there is favoritism between management and employees. Sometimes there is short notice of things that you need to do NOW. A lot of the time we are out of ratio. Hard to get things done due to NO prep time. Lots of gossip and inner fighting among employees.

Not a lot of compensation for a job well done or recognition. Management does not provide adequate supplies. Quit playing favorites.

Ok to start, but not a career

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at Primrose School part-time for more than a year

Pros

Interacting with the kids and getting to watch them grow
    Ability to work in multiple classes
    Have really good co-workers
    Structure
    Decent pay

Cons

Company looks too much at hiring from the outside rather than internal promotions
    No tuition reimbursement and the pay is not high enough to pay for college credits so you are at a stalemate
    Incredibly gossipy at times
    Management is not always fit for their positions, many have no clue how to run an organization successfully
    Incredibly hard to grow
    Only opportunities for a "bonus" involves a ridiculous popularity contest where they make employees vote for who they think deserves it.
    Never given the chance for a raise
    Rarely given chance to get classroom materials ready and few chances throughout the day to get things or even use the restroom

Take some business courses
    Follow the Chik-Fil-A franchise rules of franchise owners to only owning one franchise
    Add tuition reimbursement as a benefit so you can proudly say all of your teachers have a degree
    Look internally for promotions rather than hiring new people
    Give raises and non-voting based bonuses

Worked for Primrose School? Contribute to the Community!