Primus Telecommunications

www.primustel.com

Primus Telecommunications Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Primus Telecommunications – India – “Name in itself !!”

Peter D. Aquino

Duck and Cover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsYou can move up quickly.

ConsYou will quickly find your self at the top of your pay grade resulting in 0% razes no matter what your review score are.
    Long work weeks based on understaffing.
    Expect purges of the Top and Bottom employees for Q4 results.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to recognize and reward your team members or accept that they will leave.

Fast paced, difficult mangement, not much promoting from within

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThis company will keep you very busy. Most employees do the work of about three or four different people so if you like a stressful and fast paced enviornment than this is the place for oyu!

ConsPeople are fired very quickly and with basically no notice leaving the rest of the employees with more work to do. The leaders seem out of touch with the moral of the company. People are constantly quitting.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you treat your employees with respect and hire from within than you're more likely to keep the good employees.

poor management

Vice President (Current Employee) McLean, VA

Prosthey need help in several areas

ConsNo regard for employees. Management promotes frequent change of employees as a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have people in senior team with true leadership talent and skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Narcissistic Management in Vancouver

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnone
    company values are poor ,
    there is a sevrere absence of leadership, do as i tell you kind of policy or face consquences
    personal growth cannot take place in this stifling atmoshpere

ConsEmployees live in fear,
    Bullying and abuse by RSM
    Hostile behaviour and stare you down kind of tactics
    Aggresive behaviour
    bordering on the criminal
    culture of sycophants with employees sucking up to RSM
    management absent from office for long periods of time

Advice to Senior Managementbe men and not wankers!

Very Good

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsWorking as a team was really a good experience

ConsDirect Communications with Client is good.

Advice to Senior Managementno

Full of Politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsCareer Growth was good for me personally

ConsBad Politics - Almost all mid level management become victim

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally feel that high level management should open their eyes and ears and Start behaving professionally

Corrupt and toxic environment

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStable job with okay pay.Benefit package is the best any company offers in Canada.Each employee was entitled to six pairs of expensive shoes as part of the benefits package. Unbelievable package indeed.

ConsRampant problem of reverse racism, hires and retains people of south Asian origin ( Indians & Pakistanis ) and systematically lets go of everyone else.Our manager made sure 90% of team was made up of people from these two communities.One white man was kept for the sake of Canadiana.However, when the downturn came, our manager shed his mere pretense of Canadiana.The white employee was let go of right away.The Indians & Pakistanis got lucrative severance packages or better jobs in other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on your junior and middle management.They are resorting to unethical practices.I worked in the Sales & Loyalty team, which later got merged with the Commercial Sales department.Some members of the Sales & Loyalty team ran a theft ring in the parking lot of the office property during business hours with the knowledge of our department manager!The leader of the theft ring was on good terms with the manager.He was once caught by the parking management company but was let off.He quit & joined a GTA hospital as a nurse.Another incident involved an out-of-turn hiring. An Indian lady worked in the tech support.She used to visit our department and chat up with our manager.She got married and succeeded in getting a job for her husband.This man had a job ready for him upon landing in Canada.

Overall not bad but not impressive

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood people and good mood. The staff works hard, Sales person tried to get more revenue even though the solutions is not much competitive to the big carrier such as Bell, Roger and Allstream,

ConsNo change to make the competitive solution to the big companies. Post sales service is bad such as order process, customer service and sometimes tech support. It relies on Bell loop for many service so the timeframe for process is so long the customer can't wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good people in terms of the performance. Think out of box in terms of the process. Many processes hasn't been changed for 10 years the technology and market is changing everyday though.

Most disorganized telecommunications company in Canada

Account Executive (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStepping stone to step over

ConsThey have no identity of who they are. .
    Disorganized
    No structure
    Upper-management heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out who you are
    Make realistic goals of your company
    Get management to be real with what their objectives are management especially in Toronto sales team.

Abusive Immoral Toxic Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Prossalary is received on time. The office is located downtown and is easily accessible by transit. There are restaurants and convenience stores located close by.

ConsEmployee abuse by management, mobbing by some employee, political games, post traumatic stress disorder, uncooperative atmosphere and lack of leadership are some of the cons

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat about the code of conduct that all employees and management are supposed to follow. Does HR even educate the employees about the code of conduct... The culture makes or breaks the company ... gross violation of human rights..

Worked for Primus Telecommunications? Contribute to the Community!