Prince George's County Memorial Library System

1 Review
1.0
1 Review

CEO

Workplace bullying & Un-accountability with no recourse.

I worked at Prince George's County Memorial Library System

Pros

Being a vital part of a pillar of the community, location, pay (well, considering equivalent entry-level jobs are not paying a living wage either), & benefits (again: considering the 'pickings nowadays are slim').

Cons

Public library patrons have no idea what many employees endure at the hands of an unscrupulous enterprise when they complain @ employees' demeanor upon an encounter. Here is what I endured, upon my employment with this entity: Systemwide rank & education discrimination, favoritism, swift suppression of ideas, concerns, complaints, & whistleblowing, micromanagement/nitpicking, inconsistency & incompetency in knowledge & enforcement of own policies, harassment, psychological abuse, juvenile treatment, ostracizing, no recourse from HR nor union, & daily criticism.

Then again, I hear this is the American way as long as you don't have a protected EEOC status which basically means you are at the will of your employers, I gather, to do whatever serves their fancy as long as they don't mention your gender, religion, national origin, etc. Wow.

And they wonder why there's such employee turnover nowadays. Hmmm...

There is finally a name for it: WORKPLACE BULLYING. Amidst all the fanfare for school bullying, the REAL issue is in the workplace, yet continues to be ignored. Chalk it up to Capitalism. Companies like this suffer from poor employee performance, more sick days, high turnover, etc. in the long run just to keep their autocracy running smoothly. Then the 'target' is portrayed as the 'whistleblower' while the 'bully' is promoted & encouraged. Its so sad so many have to learn the hard way.

Make room for change, human sweatshops are long extinct now, ADDRESS your employees' concerns... if not for US: there would BE no Library. We will not be SILENCED.